TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

I didn't see the photo or video or whatever of what you are all talking about, but standard operating procedure on Manta at SWO is after the trains go into flying position, all ops on platform are supposed to neel down a bit and check the entire train for legs being out of the restraints. In my tenure I had personally seen it happen maybe three times, and only once did they make it around the track. It's actually easier to miss a foot out than you think when checking restraints all day or quickly. Lucky for SeaWorld nobody ever checks restraints quickly. wink_b.gif.6b5f7a3935af02e9b3032c21d427b98e.gif

As a rider, I've had my restraint close on me with my foot out but of course they caught it while checking restraints, without need to mention it to them.

All that being said, if I remember correctly (I'm getting old) there are also light curtains in the station, that, if anything hangs down a certain length below the train (such as a leg), it will trip the curtain and stop the train. Occasionally when someone had REALLY long hair, or a weird long flowing dress that hangs out of the restraints, it would cause the ride to stop in the station. We would actually tell the guest to pull up their dress so we can get it moving again.

I don't know where I was going with this other than it being an interesting tidbit about B&M flyers.

• Like 4

I doubt iy

5 hours ago, CoasterGuy06 said:

Yeah I would bet if that new Fire & Ice festival at SFOT does well they will do something similar here in the next year or two. 

I doubt it. SFoG doesn't care to do anything new or different. The president just doesn't care. 

I went to SFOG two Sundays before Christmas and every coaster was running (besides Mindbender of course) with walk ons to five minute waits all day. The only rides that were closed were Acrophopia, Pandemonium, the sky ride, and the water rides. I got on 27 rides (w/o Flash Pass) including Twisted Cyclone four times and Dare Devil Dive and Goliath three times each with day and night rides on most of the coasters. I got 10 new credits and had a great day there, probably one of the best Six Flags Days I've ever had. It was much better than Carowinds the day before where for Taste of the Season they had three coasters open and I waited 30 min for Afterburn (line got longer later on) and 90+ min for Copperhead Strike, and skipped out on Ricochet because it was posting a 90 min wait!

6 hours ago, CoasterGuy06 said:

Do you really think decisions like that are made at the park level with a company like Six Flags?

I would imagine he has pull but I'm not 100% sure what all he does.  Seems when SFoT got a new President this year he started improving things.  They have different events.  Same for SFFT.  Other Six Flags parks seem to try much harder.

SFoG continually has the worst employee attitudes across the board and the park isn't run very well.  I think new blood would help it.  The place is deserted in December because people in Atlanta don't even know it's open.  And if they did, why go?  It's nothing new. Same lights every year and the same crappy chicken tenders and fries they always have.

On 1/9/2021 at 2:58 PM, 805Andrew said:

I went to SFOG two Sundays before Christmas and every coaster was running (besides Mindbender of course) with walk ons to five minute waits all day. The only rides that were closed were Acrophopia, Pandemonium, the sky ride, and the water rides. I got on 27 rides (w/o Flash Pass) including Twisted Cyclone four times and Dare Devil Dive and Goliath three times each with day and night rides on most of the coasters. I got 10 new credits and had a great day there, probably one of the best Six Flags Days I've ever had. It was much better than Carowinds the day before where for Taste of the Season they had three coasters open and I waited 30 min for Afterburn (line got longer later on) and 90+ min for Copperhead Strike, and skipped out on Ricochet because it was posting a 90 min wait!

Did they open Blue Hawk and that atrocious wood coaster for Christmas? That's new for this year, isn't it?

I was wondering would anyone know if Six Flags Over Georgia is normally open on weekends in April? I'm going to Dollywood & Gatlinburg for a week in April for my birthday possibly flying down with southwest. Dollywood for 3 days and Gatlinburg for 2 days then possibly Six Flags Over Georgia on April 17 & 18. Would they normally be open weekends in April? Thanks.

On 1/11/2021 at 6:25 AM, coasterbill said:

Did they open Blue Hawk and that atrocious wood coaster for Christmas? That's new for this year, isn't it?

Yes. The person I was with said that this was the first year they opened up that section of the park for Holiday in the Park so lucky me. And that atrocious wood coaster had some good airtime moments and was fun riding at night in the fog but I'm not denying it was rough. 

8 hours ago, tndank said:

Superman ran during HITP 2019. Pretty sure GASM did too. Blue Hawk did not. 

GASM is a good ride in need of work.  Hopefully when they finish in a few years it's back to it's old glory.

Superman was open for Holiday in 2019.  GASM and Blue Hawk were not.  I think the decision to open those two (plus Sky Screamer) for HitP 2020 was a late decision as there were no Christmas decorations in that area.  

I am not sure where all the fuss is coning from but I for one think SFoG did an excellent job operating the park through the pandemic, including the Hallowfest and HitP seasons.  Employees were friendlier - but there were certainly exceptions.  

Had it not been for the pandemic, we might have seen year-round weekend ops begin this year.   Its coming sooner or later.