TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Mindbender seemed a bit different today. It barely made it up the lift hill and came to an almost complete stop. The second half seemed way more rowdy and I was being thrown against my buddy on some of the turns. It was pretty wild.

First trip on GASM this year. Not an every trip ride for me but good on occasion.

First ride on Acrophobia. That's a pretty cool ride and better than the Dollywood and Carowinds drop towers.

Crowded at the park. Hour+ wait on everything after 2-ish it seemed. Glad we got there early.

Finally waited for a front row seat on Goliath. Enjoyed that. Usually just take whatever is open.

I personally do not get all of the Scream Machine hate here lately. The ride is running better than it has in years. With the addition of the Cyclone trains you now have six chances to get a smoother ride rather than just 4 with the old trains. The track work they have done on the off season has also helped a lot. I find myself riding multiple times every visit this season and having a blast! Lots of ejector air in the back car (I mostly ride in row 11).

I Just want to add to the GASM discussion after a conversation I had this past Friday. I was told the re-tracking is a 5 year plan and they will replace all of the track before it's over.

This came from a very reliable source, we'll see what happens....

I Just want to add to the GASM discussion after a conversation I had this past Friday. I was told the re-tracking is a 5 year plan and they will replace all of the track before it's over.

Dippin dots guy's manager?

Dippin dots guy's manager?

Sorry to continue the conversation but here is some tips that i would recommend you guys use when riding GASM.

1. The further the row, the rougher it is. I recommend sitting in the very front for the smoothest experience. 2. Dont completely put your head against the headrest as due to the nature of the ride being a little Bouncy and the Vibrations of the ride, it could cause some headaches and Finally 3. Dont put your back completely against the seatback, your back will thank you. But in all seriousness, dont. Last time i did, my back was hurting for the rest of the day. And these are tips on riding GASM!

Sorry to continue the conversation but here is some tips that i would recommend you guys use when riding GASM.

1. The further the row, the rougher it is. I recommend sitting in the very front for the smoothest experience. 2. Dont completely put your head against the headrest as due to the nature of the ride being a little Bouncy and the Vibrations of the ride, it could cause some headaches and Finally 3. Dont put your back completely against the seatback, your back will thank you. But in all seriousness, dont. Last time i did, my back was hurting for the rest of the day. And these are tips on riding GASM!

You forgot to add #4 - just don't ride it and your body will thank you later.

What's the rain policy like? I'm headed down for my first ever visit this weekend and it looks like it will more than likely be raining on and off. Hopefully that means low crowds... but also hopefully they don't just close the park either day...

As long as it doesn't start storming heavy before the park opens you should be able to enter no problem. However flooding warnings that occur before they open could delay or prevent the park opening for that day. I like going on rainy days simple because of the low crowds. Hope you're able to go and enjoy your visit to the park. I have to be in my studio all weekend recording or I'd be there myself.

Mindbender seemed a bit different today. It barely made it up the lift hill and came to an almost complete stop. The second half seemed way more rowdy and I was being thrown against my buddy on some of the turns. It was pretty wild.

You've perfectly described every ride I've had on Mindbender over the past 11 years I've never had a ride on it that didn't include the loooooong pause at the top of the lift. I love it! Gives you time to take in the tree-top views before curling around to the drop. I believe that's the normal Mindbender.

Take a front seat ride on 9 awesome roller coasters at Six Flags Over Georgia!

AAAAaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! The Viper!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I remember riding over and over and over and over again because there was NO line. I never understood it, but I didn't complain. In the year 2000 my mom bought me a season pass and she took me, my cousin (who is 2 days older than me... LITERALLY TWO days. --Him - 9/4/85 -- Me 9/6/85--) and a few of my friends to the park for my 15th birthday. I'll never forget it because I slipped up and said the word "h0es" while my mom was video taping me outside of the front gate.

Anyway... That day we rode The Viper 10 (YES I SAID TEN!) times without getting off!! My head was a spinning mess by the time we left the back side of the park but I didn't care. I think it was something about going backwards at a high rate of speed. That would make sense since Deja Vu became my new #1 in the park the very next year when it opened. Another GEM gone too soon.

Thanks for the Viper footage! I really loved that ride and like Seddy said above me, I used to be able to marathon it. I also remember it being heavily themed for a Six Flags ride!

Fun Fact: Viper entrance is the Exact path (with out the theming and zig zag path) as the exit for Superman.

Like that Blue Hawk has two rare elements (reverse sidewinder & butterfly); plus how it got retracked and new trains a couple years ago.

It's a pretty decent ride! Kind of like the "SLC" of regular sit-down coasters. It makes me wonder why it was never cloned like the SLCs were.

Just got back from a weekend in Atlanta/SFOG. I was very impressed with SFOG - it's probably the best SF park I've been to yet and surpassed my expectations all around. It was pretty busy on Saturday with a bunch of bands/schools and a cheer competition, but I was still able to get on everything at least once. On Sunday there was a storm in the morning, so after waiting it out underneath the train station awning for an hour every ride was a walk on for about 5 hours until the next cell came through - it was glorious.

Monster Mansion is indeed a treasure. So refreshing to see something so unique, detailed, and well taken care of at a SF park. This park must have an excellent GM, because everything felt like it was clean, painted, and just generally well taken care of.

I didn't get any photos of pandemonium. There wasn't any vertical construction yet, but it looks like they have all the pieces finally at least. Georgia Scorcher still wasn't open, but it looks like they are just about done and maybe open next weekend?

IMG_20190413_092059344_HDR.thumb.jpg.173183320d69df81a1a3da5bfc618010.jpg

Scorcher back up and running today. My first time on it. Smooth ride as advertised. Good stuff. Knocked out most of the coasters before heading down to 420Fest for music this afternoon.

Great day to visit for a couple hours. 40-50 degrees, threat of rain made it empty. When we left at 12:40 this still hadn't opened the main parking lot. Even more amazing...2 trains running on Superman.

Scorcher looked great. Now do Goliath, please.

Park was indeed dead earlier today. I got 7 rides on Twisted Cyclone and single rides on BTR, Goliath, and Mindbender in an hour and a half.

Twisted Cyclone was amazing. Compact and relentless. I think elements before a lift hill are nice touches. On every train people clapped and yelled at the station brake. This coaster exceeded my expectations.

So decided to scrap my KW plans and will be going to SFoG on June 9th instead! Its alot easier in terms of my travel and a new park, so makes sense. Also I'm excited to finally try Goliath, TC of course, and a Schwarzkopf! Also at least in POV's Great American Scream Machine looks pretty great, and supposedly Scorcher was one of the, if not the, best standing coasters granted thats a low bar. Im pretty stoked to visit. Sucks its a weekend but I'll get fast pass, I assume it'll be necessary?

Never used it at a SF park. I see there's diff prices for how much line you wanna skip. I guess its not like CP where its a free for all? Does it still allow unlimited rides?

This morning they roped off the section just past Scorcher. So they had Twisted Cyclone and Scorcher going before official opening. We walked on all coasters and then headed out. Great way to spend the morning.

Went yesterday as well. Scorcher looks great! Didn't get to ride any of the major rides as it was my three year old great nephew's first time to Six Flags. We rode Jokers Funhouse Coaster and his first words to me as we pulled back into the station were "uncle Babe, ride again!!" I'm so glad - if he didn't like roller coasters, I'm afraid I'd have to disown him

Great day at the park and it is cool to see it again for the first time through his eyes.