TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Great pictures. I'm in the 1% who is more enticed by this roller coaster than Steel Vengeance.

Weirdly I agree! Lol. It's certainly more photogenic and beautiful than its big sister for sure. Has anyone been able to get any updated pictures on the side where the zero-g roll is?

For some reason I have been more enamored with Twisted Cyclone as well despite its far less exciting layout than Steel Vengence. Maybe it's like a weird "of course Cedar Point you just HAVE to have the most amazing RMC ever don't you?" type of thing.

I agree a little but only because I have no plans to visit CP this year, while I'll definitely be heading down to Georgia to ride this. Also I think its a little bit of CP having this amazing mindblowing lineup to begin with, while SFOG's lineup is solid for a what it is and is really underrated. I love that this awesome little SF park is getting an RMC and I'm so stoked to ride it and everything else there later this year.

My main concerns about Steel Vengeance as that it might be a bit too intense for me and hard to handle with its length. CP's lineup is also kind of overwhelming, as I've expressed in the past. The great coasters dissolve the really good coasters and I don't see myself spending much time anywhere but the area between MF and SV for Coaster Campout.

Similar to what you said, this coaster will be one of few staples in the park making decisions to ride easier and the overall importance of the coaster more. If I head to SFoG this year, which is a toss up, I can see myself spending the majority of my time between Twisted Cyclone and Goliath and not feeling guilty for sampling the other rides less.

I agree a little but only because I have no plans to visit CP this year, while I'll definitely be heading down to Georgia to ride this. Also I think its a little bit of CP having this amazing mindblowing lineup to begin with, while SFOG's lineup is solid for a what it is and is really underrated. I love that this awesome little SF park is getting an RMC and I'm so stoked to ride it and everything else there later this year.

Agree 100%. I have never been to SFOG so this just adds to the list of reasons to go there asap. Cedar Point I would of been more than willing and excited to go to regardless of whether Steel Vengeance was added or if they tore down Mean Streak and built a B&M or something less insane than an RMC. (They could of added "Ocean Snoopy" and I would still go there ).

My main concerns about Steel Vengeance as that it might be a bit too intense for me and hard to handle with its length. CP's lineup is also kind of overwhelming, as I've expressed in the past. The great coasters dissolve the really good coasters and I don't see myself spending much time anywhere but the area between MF and SV for Coaster Campout.

Similar to what you said, this coaster will be one of few staples in the park making decisions to ride easier and the overall importance of the coaster more. If I head to SFoG this year, which is a toss up, I can see myself spending the majority of my time between Twisted Cyclone and Goliath and not feeling guilty for sampling the other rides less.

It seems Steel Vengeance is focused more on negative G, rather than positive G. I'm not sure if that is what you mean by too intense, but that is something that affects me so I can relate.

^ Yeah but Mindbender.

Mind Bender? Any chance I get to chime in on what is still my #1 steel coaster (since my first ride on it in spring 1990) and I'll take it! Mind Bender is like heaven with melted butter, sugar and cinnamon. Such simple perfection. sounds creepy huh...?

Well guys it's official. If it's not already completed they are working on installing the last piece of track for TC! Despite not having a 3rd lap, it looks like a great ride and the last airtime hill before going up to the brake run looks wicked. The elements are certainly there for it to be a great ride and not be at the bottom of the pack. Check out this fantastic video from coaster addict! #mostbeautifulcoasterof2018#lengthisnoteverything#super-excited

I absolutely hate Six Flags flash pass system. When TC opens, you'll only be able to purchase platinum flash pass and only be able to skip the line once. This has been pretty consistent with every major new ride opened at a Six Flags park. It's just not worth it. If you spend over $100 for a skip the line option, you should at least be able to do it more than once. I just wish every park could follow Cedar Fair's model...It's so simple and easy...And value!

I absolutely hate Six Flags flash pass system. When TC opens, you'll only be able to purchase platinum flash pass and only be able to skip the line once. This has been pretty consistent with every major new ride opened at a Six Flags park. It's just not worth it. If you spend over $100 for a skip the line option, you should at least be able to do it more than once. I just wish every park could follow Cedar Fair's model...It's so simple and easy...And value!

Seriously?!?! That sucks I'll just have to get a gold for everything else and wait for that one! That's absurd!

Actually it looks like regular Flash Pass will be able to be used on Twisted Cyclone (but yes, only once): https://www.sixflags.com/overgeorgia/store/flash-passes

SFOG.png

Actually it looks like regular Flash Pass will be able to be used on Twisted Cyclone (but yes, only once): https://www.sixflags.com/overgeorgia/store/flash-passes

SFOG.png

Not sure why Batman is only once, but it makes sense for Cyclone and DDD. The capacity is already going to be bleh (it's a short ride, you think they will be able to dispatch train 2 without stacking? ) so while I'd love to buy a FP and ride over and over and over I get it. It's true, they did the same thing with Goliath at SFGAm so the plan should be:

Go to TC and get a ride in (another lap if the line it's too long) then go to get your FP. Who knows, maybe there will be a single rider line that will help keep trains full.

But let's be real, it's going to be tough to not stack trains on this quick circuit + how Six Flags loads/unloads guests in/out of RMC trains.

Yeah, is the Batman one just Six Flags being Six Flags, or does it actually have something to do with its capacity or how they do Flash Pass on it, or...? I generally don't think of B&M inverts as low-throughput rides, but...Six Flags.

Yeah, is the Batman one just Six Flags being Six Flags, or does it actually have something to do with its capacity or how they do Flash Pass on it, or...? I generally don't think of B&M inverts as low-throughput rides, but...Six Flags.

Thought that was odd as well

Batman is one time only because of the way the flash pass entry is set up. Flash pass entry is through the ride exit which is a very confined space. Last year I believe Batman was Gold or Playinun only and even with that limitation, the exit was always a cluster. Flash pass riders have to walk against the stream of people up the narrow exit ramp, then wait at the air gate, then they are moved into another gated off area in the station, then released from there into the back two rows of the train. Those rows are closed off to normal guests but if you wait for third to last row you can easily take any open seats in the last two rows if empty.

... then released from there into the back two rows of the train. Those rows are closed off to normal guests but if you wait for third to last row you can easily take any open seats in the last two rows if empty.

That's good. I remember when Hersheypark was trialing their Fast Track pass they would leave rows of coasters empty even if there weren't any pass users waiting on the platform.

Does anyone know if TC will be eligible for the one free skip the line pass for Platinum members? That way If you bought Flash Pass, you could theoretically skip the lines once, plus riding at park opening and park closing.

Six Flag's Flash Pass system is also much more expensive at its highest level than Cedar Fair's. However, I'd honestly pay more if they just went with something as simple as Cedar Fair's Fast Lane Plus system and ditched their ride scheduling system. You would think it would also save Six Flags a little money.