TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

are they shooting for a grand opening of twisted cyclone memorial day weekend?

That's typically the MO for most new Six Flags attractions, I think.

Yea, the park opens 2 months before most other parks do for the season. That gives them less time.

^ It's a good mine train!

Regarding when this is going to open, there is an an interview with Schilke from Twisted Timbers opening day that I cannot link to here, but a quick search on Youtube and you will find it: When asked about this ride he basically confirms what we've always suspected - that Six Flags does in fact aim to open for the season first, then get their new ride open around Memorial Day to bring crowds back in a second time, and that they're right on schedule with this.

Fury does have sideways

Stop it. You guys are going to get me to take a Charlotte-Atlanta trip if you're not careful.

God, don't do it. You might get hooked. I'd never went into a coaster with such low expectations and expecting typical over-hype, but when we hit the break run I knew it was instantly my favorite roller coaster. It was a mixture of euphoria and disbelief. To me, it's halfway between I305 and MF, with more freedom of movement. Excuse me, while I purchase plane tickets...

^I had more or less the same experience. Wasn't expecting it to live up to the hype, but was actually blown away by it.

Just looking at those photos of the park makes me feel humid. Planning to drive to and from Orlando in June just so I can ride Fury again and visit SFOG again to ride TC. Worth it!

^I had more or less the same experience. Wasn't expecting it to live up to the hype, but was actually blown away by it.

Just looking at those photos of the park makes me feel humid. Planning to drive to and from Orlando in June just so I can ride Fury again and visit SFOG again to ride TC. Worth it!

Fury is worth at least an 8 hour drive. I was blown away by that coaster. The drop on the turnaround is just amazing air.

Fury is worth at least an 8 hour drive. I was blown away by that coaster. The drop on the turnaround is just amazing air.

I'm getting tempted by all this now more than ever since I found out I can fit B&M Hypers on Sunday with Apollo's Chariot. Granted I don't want to go all the way down to Carowinds until I can ride Alpengeist because going to Carowinds and being unable to ride Afterburn would kill me.

ANYWAY Twisted Cyclone is looking great!

Fury does have sideways

Stop it. You guys are going to get me to take a Charlotte-Atlanta trip if you're not careful.

God, don't do it. You might get hooked. I'd never went into a coaster with such low expectations and expecting typical over-hype, but when we hit the break run I knew it was instantly my favorite roller coaster. It was a mixture of euphoria and disbelief. To me, it's halfway between I305 and MF, with more freedom of movement. Excuse me, while I purchase plane tickets...

Lol, I have heard really good things. I do enjoy the B&M hypers, and if Fury is anything like Diamondback and Nitro, I'll be happy.

STL-ATL and STL-CLT are just so damn cheap, I'm probably going to have to do it one of these days.

I'm getting tempted by all this now more than ever since I found out I can fit B&M Hypers on Sunday with Apollo's Chariot. Granted I don't want to go all the way down to Carowinds until I can ride Alpengeist because going to Carowinds and being unable to ride Afterburn would kill me.

ANYWAY Twisted Cyclone is looking great!

Is Afterburn supposed to be closed? I'm going to Carowinds for the first time Memorial Day Weekend.

RMC has gotten their designs to look really clean lately, and they're nothing short of beautiful. The ones where the structure is painted especially. I remember when they were in my mind the ugliest rides, and now, after a combination of getting used to it and RMC becoming cleaner, they're now my favorites to look at.

It still blows my mind how they install track into the existing structure.

20180407_122115.jpg

20180407_122058.jpg

I Was coming home from Birmingham today, and i happened to pass by SFOG!

I Did try to get a photo of Twisted Cyclone, but my phone refused to take it for some reason.

But i cannot wait to come back this summer!

Spent a few hours at the park today. It was pretty chilly this morning but warmed up throughout the day. I arrived right at opening, ans I hope the weather played a factor in having rides opening on time, because Georgia Scorcher and maybe Dahlonega Mine Train (didn't walk by it until around 11:30) were the only coasters open at opening. Blue Hawk never opened. Operations were decent every where I went. Not a bad day overall. My biggest complaints is the same as my last visit last year: they don't refill the Freestyle machines during the day so by the afternoon there are very few selections available, and the continuing saga of Mindbender running one train.

Here are some pics:

image1.thumb.jpeg.26d372e5757f72c9f6527dbbb6bc92af.jpeg

The main reason for visiting today was to try Scream Machine Backwards.

image13.thumb.jpeg.8ff3a2dcd857a4ef89ec32164cd82b63.jpeg

It was really smooth and the new paint job on the old GA Cyclone trains looked good.

image12.thumb.jpeg.718755d376f89b9f3b23c5ce4ff169e8.jpeg

Blue Hawk was done all day.

image11.thumb.jpeg.18fb49a47903c16366bb5e1881b2e8a2.jpeg

I guess they tried to open it at some point because there wasn't a train on the lift this morning and they had a crew there for a little while.

image17.thumb.jpeg.aa45cbcdb5d19382136fef2a1aee9e81.jpeg

Mindbender. Sigh.

image14.thumb.jpeg.e9fa03b6f821b9267a52d9ac85785e2b.jpeg

Running great, and it looked like one of the trains had several seats/clamshells replaced.

image15.thumb.jpeg.f8eca57d75fe27bd13088cf485ddec9a.jpeg

I guess Dare Devil Dive Coaster got a little bit of new paint.

image10.thumb.jpeg.8fded5549be4655941c0ec098c4ffe94.jpeg

Wildlife.

image7.thumb.jpeg.aab9fbc4d73d96991f02bae0019998a6.jpeg

I chuckled.

image9.thumb.jpeg.18b90322ccdbce49f69ae0badb401978.jpeg

Soon.

image8.thumb.jpeg.cb9a2c370516c61aa58d09855e5f121f.jpeg

Soon.

image20.thumb.jpeg.781c8259f8512559ff48a41a34aadfa8.jpeg

Cannot wait for this to open.

image3.thumb.jpeg.5c62c61f709a925ae93df72c9d128b2e.jpeg

image4.thumb.jpeg.d2c5cd58b79e2c99c320556052a34378.jpeg