TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Anyone at the park yet for College Football night? I am thinking of going but it's about a hour drive for me so was going to see what the crowds where like please. Not sure how they will be on a one off night like this. Coaster Queue hasn't been updated yet either.

Exited to do some late night rides.

Thanks everyone.

The more I watch the POV of Twisted Cyclone, the more I dig it. It looks like quite a fun collection of elements packed into that tiny footprint, and flying into the brakes with a ton of speed will make me want to get back in line to ride it again.

I also think the ride will look bigger than the rendering makes it seem. It's easy to dismiss 100 feet as being "short", but the tightness of that area forces you to stand right in the ride's shadow making it look bigger than it actually is. It'll be a good looking coaster.

I think it looks amazing. I made the mistake of checking various youtube videos about it. One guy did nothing but piss and moan and even had the nerve to say its the worst RMC yet. Its not even built yet for crying out loud. I had to turn it off. I was losing brain cells at that point.

That idea of sending a petition to Alan Schilke made me cringe. It reminded me of about 10-12 years ago on the GNR forums when segments of the lunatic fringe wanted to send a petition to Axl Rose demanding that he hurry up and finish/release Chinese Democracy.

Just let him do what he does best(designing bat poop crazy rides) without interfering...

This may be a short ride but it looks to pack a whallop! What gets lost in the conversation about the short ride length is that while it will be a short duration, it will also be a very high capacity 'people-eater'. I remember when Viper opened (yeah, that ride) in 1995. It was an extremely short(er) ride cycle but it was still a fun coaster. After the 'new ride hype' wore off that season, it was almost always a walk-on as it had an efficient operation and high rider capacity in spite of a single train operation. After a year or two, I predict there will be hardly any wait for TC except on really busy days.

I have nothing but praise for SFoG for this project. The teal track is amazing. The ride logo is cool! The ride will no doubt rock!

Wife and I just got back from the park and all I can say is WOW! Fantastic evening for night rides. Park was an absolute ghost town with absolutely no waits on any rides. Employees were friendly and ops weren't bad. Weather was perfect as well. Could not ask for a better experience.

By the way, saw some signs of life on the conversion process for Cyclone. The track was gone from the 2nd turnaround. Looking forward to seeing it transform through to Holiday in the Park.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

I'd be surprised if any of the people complaining about the new coaster would ever even visit SFOG.

These "internet enthusiasts" that are only enthusiasts in the sense of following news and watching planet coaster videos on youtube love to complain about every single addition possible, base their opinions on other people's opinions and in real life have visited like 3 parks in their state/country plus a disney park when they were 3 years old. Stuff like "my top 3 coasters are Intimidator 305, MF and X2" but they've never left new jersey in their life.

And then they go talk about how "this will be the worst RMC" while irl they think RMC's are great just because others think they're great, not because they've been on them.

I'd be surprised if any of the people complaining about the new coaster would ever even visit SFOG.

Everyone has a list of parks they want to get to that may be outside their immediate market. Many do make trips outside of their market for rides they are think are worth it. For example I am in the DC metro area. I never visited Carowinds until Fury 325.

For me, it is hard to justify passing Twisted Timbers and Lightening Rod (when open) for Twisted Colossus, albeit a solid RMC. If I am every in GA and have a off day I would certainly check it out though.

Everyone has a list of parks they want to get to that may be outside their immediate market. Many do make trips outside of their market for rides they are think are worth it. For example I am in the DC metro area. I never visited Carowinds until Fury 325.

I know this perfectly well, the point was that the people I explained about will go and complain about rides that they never intended on riding anyways, they just complain about it because it doesn't look as awesome on video as some other coaster they've never ridden and will never ride, plus complaining about it online gives them circlejerk points.

No but seriously we are at a point where a new major coaster by a reputable manufacturer is now something to complain about. Welcome to the internet.

The more I watch the POV of Twisted Cyclone, the more I dig it. It looks like quite a fun collection of elements packed into that tiny footprint, and flying into the brakes with a ton of speed will make me want to get back in line to ride it again.

I also think the ride will look bigger than the rendering makes it seem. It's easy to dismiss 100 feet as being "short", but the tightness of that area forces you to stand right in the ride's shadow making it look bigger than it actually is. It'll be a good looking coaster.

Once upon a time, Great American Scream Machine on the other side of the park was the world's tallest coaster, just slightly taller than Twisted Cyclone will be. It's not how tall or long it is but what's done with the design ...

I'm glad SFOG receiving a RMC treatment for GA cyclone. I love everything about the ride but I do agree with a lot of enthusiasts that we are disappointed because of the ride duration being short. Our expectations were to high especially after the Cedar fair announcement of there new rmc's or ones in the past.

My suggestion will be to sign a petition discussing to ALAN SCHILKE (engineer who designs RMC COASTERS) explaining our concern. It's worth a try. Check out this interview to see how he explained how he has time to reconstruct a ride and sends a video of a pov to us and the company theme park of layouts of the ride. Where Alan can get a view of opinions or suggestions to make the ride better in a time frame to completion of the ride. He explains in the YouTube video.

Youtube with ALAN SCHILKE (changes to a ride in construction at 3:30)

I'm positive from the video clip he will make this an awesome ride from what we see now to completion.

Please don't bother this man or the park with this. They aren't going to change anything based on an enthusiasts requests. He may do the designing, but the park has the final say on what they are willing to pay for. I'm sure if the park wanted it longer, they would have asked for it.

Seriously... Just... DONT!

Repeat after me... There. Is. Nothing. Wrong. With. Twisted. Cyclone's. Length. It's. Going. To. Be. A. Kick. A$&. Ride!!!

Absolutely agreed. When are enthusiasts going to figure out that even the shortest RMC is a world-class kick-ass ride? I swear it seems sometimes "enthusiasts" actually hate riding roller coasters....

So... since the current/past Georgia Cyclone is made up of a white wood support structure. . . What are the odds that Twisted Cyclone is actually going to have a brown support structure as shown in the renderings?? (Yes, I know it's just a rendering and blah blah blah...)

Not that the color of the supports changes anything about the amazing ride that is coming our way!! It was just something I noticed, and was curious about. The blue track looks so good against the brown wood in the renderings!!

^^I'm wondering if they are just going to paint the structure a tan color.
Much more likely to pressure wash the structure to strip what remains of the white paint for Twisted Cyclone.

pressure wash ALL the paint off the wood? yeah, no.

^^I'm wondering if they are just going to paint the structure a tan color.
Much more likely to pressure wash the structure to strip what remains of the white paint for Twisted Cyclone.

pressure wash ALL the paint off the wood? yeah, no.

Well it would only have to be done on the original wood that is left. You have to remember that a significant amount of the white wood that is currently on the structure will be removed during the conversion. So power washing off the left over white painted wood would not be as large of an undertaking as it seems.

This RMC looks amazing!! Congratulations guys! Having ridden both NTAG and IRAT I can tell you your in for a real treat from RMC!!

I know right? I've ridden Outlaw Run, Storm Chaser, and New Texas Giant and they all place in my top three of wood and steel.

I don't know about you guys, but the layout of Twisted Cyclone is really growing on me. It seemed short at first, but then I realized it will have about the same duration of like Storm Chaser or Outlaw Run. And I really love that first turn around with the two zero g rolls. And I REALLY love that second turn around with the kind of double up into the over bank and the double down out of it. And also that wave turn looks great. I'm so excited for Twisted Cyclone and Wonder Woman: Golden Lasso Coaster. Honestly, I'm more excited for those two than I am for Twisted Timbers and Steel Vengeance (I'm not going to count Rail Blazer since it is the same thing as Wonder Woman).

Personally, I hope they get rid of the paint. I like the look of the natural wood in the animation and I think it goes well with the blue track.

Yeah. How would they just get rid of the paint? Just sand it all off or power wash it? At that point would they treat it or stain it in any sort of way?