TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

I also noticed that Twisted Cyclone seems to use the original RMC trains rather than the new generation ones like on Twisted Timbers and Steel Vengeance. I know it's just concept art, but I thought that was interesting.

If it'll make you guys feel any better SFOT and SFFT both run Gerstlauer's on their RMC's.

Haven't seen anyone mention it, but the DROP on GA Cyclone is totally still there. It rounds the second main turnaround then sets up with a little hop up into an airtime hill there. I also love the "hybrid cobra roll" going on.

I am a little disappointed with the length, but this is still a total win as I've been on GA cyclone numerous times and this should be better overall. It will also draw crowds where they weren't at before in the park, which will probably affect other areas and their queue times positively.

This is probably my favorite color scheme out of all of Rocky Mountain's coasters. Love the natural wood and the colored track.

I agree with you, A.J., the track looks crisp against the backdrop of the wood, and I thought it was a refreshing color choice.

As for the coaster reveal, I loved the reverse cobra roll concept, but I did have a "that's it?" initial reaction when it hit the brakes without another lap. After a few more viewings, I think it'll still be a really good ride. If it's going to be short like Goliath, it trades the latter's size for more elements and action. I like that there are juicy-looking bunny hills in the layout; I enjoy RMC's little hops and misdirections, too, but there's nothing better in my books than full, uninterrupted bunny hills. Even with a shortened track length, the quality of SFOG's lineup is about to improve. I'm down with this announcement.

Looks like a pretty fun attraction, but I too feel it's short. Statistically it may not be, but it just feels so short. I understand it's tough because the cyclone had a very compact layout, and it could even be the faster speed, but man I'm a little disappointed the rides so short. Still looks amazing though!!!

Glad my favorite Six Flags is finally getting this.

That said, I think there's a right way and a wrong way to be critical of it if you're disappointed. Will it be a top 3 coaster in an already strong collection with Goliath and Mind Bender? Yes. Does it look like a budget conversion compared to what Cedar Fair is doing with theirs? Also yes. Will it be one of the best RMCs? Maybe not, but then again, lopping off nearly a third of layout didn't hurt Iron Rattler much for me so who knows? It still gives me another reason to speed up my next trip to SFOG.

I don't necessarily think it looks budget I think they had to chop some of the ride off due to how tight together Cyclone was.. plus all the rolls it does, takes up more space than traditional track that wrapped around it's self like Cylcone did..

This looks pretty sweet to me! Can't wait for it! Six Flags Over GA is still my weekend getaway park! Who else offers "Memberships" for under $5/month and then offers meal plans for $35/year! Also with great rides and being such a pretty park, it's still one of my favorites out there

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

Here's a random thought.

Are RMC woodies now the B&M Inverts of the 90's?

We're seeing more and more of the rides built, they all have very similar elements, pacing, and stats, they're all great rides that both enthusiasts and the public love, parks and maintenance seems to like them, etc.

Now the question is will they evolve and change? Stay in this niche? Get less intense to go to other parks?

I'll be curious to see what happens if ( more than likely when) they RMC Hurler @ Carowinds, since it's a clone of the one at Kings Dominion. I wonder if we'll have our first RMC Clone??

I don't necessarily think it looks budget I think they had to chop some of the ride off due to how tight together Cyclone was.. plus all the rolls it does, takes up more space than traditional track that wrapped around it's self like Cylcone did..

I don't understand where this idea came from that a layout can be "too tight and twisted" for RMC to do a full length conversion. I've seen it several times in this thread.

So far we've seen two ways the ibox conversions tend to go: (1) Keep the lift height the same and lop off sections of track, or (2) Add height to the lift and keep the track length. One would seem more expensive than the other.

I'm glad SFOG receiving a RMC treatment for GA cyclone. I love everything about the ride but I do agree with a lot of enthusiasts that we are disappointed because of the ride duration being short. Our expectations were to high especially after the Cedar fair announcement of there new rmc's or ones in the past.

My suggestion will be to sign a petition discussing to ALAN SCHILKE (engineer who designs RMC COASTERS) explaining our concern. It's worth a try. Check out this interview to see how he explained how he has time to reconstruct a ride and sends a video of a pov to us and the company theme park of layouts of the ride. Where Alan can get a view of opinions or suggestions to make the ride better in a time frame to completion of the ride. He explains in the YouTube video.

Youtube with ALAN SCHILKE (changes to a ride in construction at 3:30)

I'm positive from the video clip he will make this an awesome ride from what we see now to completion.

SFOG being my home park, I absolutely hated Georgia Cyclone aand couldn't wait for it to have the RMC treatment. SFOG needed this to help compete with Dollywood and Carowinds. I don't care if it is shorter...This coaster looks beautiful with some amazing elements. Can't wait to ride next year!

So the park has some odd hours tonight (6-midnight). My wife and I were looking to do some night rides from 8 to close but does anyone know why the park is open to midnight? Should I expect significant crowds?

It is college fan night! They are trying to take advantage of the crowds in town for the football games at Mercedes Benz Stadium.

I'm going to be down in Atlanta for a business trip on Saturday Sep 9th.

The park hours are listed as 10am to 8pm. I wouldn't be able to get there until 3pm. With the park closing at 8pm on a Saturday does that mean it's not too busy? Would I be crazy to try to do the park in 5 hours without a FlashPass?

Also, is there a true single rider line at this park? I'm seeing conflicting information online.

Any insight would be awesome!

I'm glad SFOG receiving a RMC treatment for GA cyclone. I love everything about the ride but I do agree with a lot of enthusiasts that we are disappointed because of the ride duration being short. Our expectations were to high especially after the Cedar fair announcement of there new rmc's or ones in the past.

My suggestion will be to sign a petition discussing to ALAN SCHILKE (engineer who designs RMC COASTERS) explaining our concern. It's worth a try. Check out this interview to see how he explained how he has time to reconstruct a ride and sends a video of a pov to us and the company theme park of layouts of the ride. Where Alan can get a view of opinions or suggestions to make the ride better in a time frame to completion of the ride. He explains in the YouTube video.

I'm positive from the video clip he will make this an awesome ride from what we see now to completion.

Please don't bother this man or the park with this. They aren't going to change anything based on an enthusiasts requests. He may do the designing, but the park has the final say on what they are willing to pay for. I'm sure if the park wanted it longer, they would have asked for it.

Please don't bother this man or the park with this. They aren't going to change anything based on an enthusiasts requests. He may do the designing, but the park has the final say on what they are willing to pay for. I'm sure if the park wanted it longer, they would have asked for it.

Seriously... Just... DONT!

Repeat after me... There. Is. Nothing. Wrong. With. Twisted. Cyclone's. Length. It's. Going. To. Be. A. Kick. A$&. Ride!!!

This is absolutely NOT a good suggestion, as good as your intentions seem to be. This is a layout that Six Flags paid lots of monies to have conceived, designed, engineered and constructed in the course of several years to their specifications. It is highly unlikely that anything about this layout will change upon construction - heck, I wouldn't be surprised if track is already being fabricated as I write this.

Roller coasters aren't made just for us. They're for everyone. Whether a coaster ends up on our top ten lists all depends on the team behind the design, the manufacturing team, and the maintenance team, but in the end it's what's best for the park. Always.

I wouldn't be surprised if the layout alters SLIGHTLY or some of the elements' shaping changes a little bit. It happened with Twisted Colossus, Wicked Cyclone, and Joker. For the most part, this is what SFOG is getting (and it looks AWESOME), but I wouldn't be surprised if a couple tweaks are made here and there, because based on history, the RMC animations don't always turn out to be 100% accurate.

I really need to get out to SFOG soon. This ride is icing on the cake.