TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

^^ ^^^ Not gonna name any names, but another fairly popular coaster forum today is filled with nothing but bitching about this. "OMG this is the shortest one yet." "OMG it's all the same elements." "RMC is donezo. They're tired and busted now." "Pathetic." "Blah blah blah."

Seriously can't take the entitlement and delusions these people whip themselves into. I've been on 5 RMCs so far. Each one of them has been a completely different experience each time, even if they have some similar elements. IMO, RMC haven't made a "bad" ride yet, and from looking at this POV, it doesn't look like they're starting to with this one. I cannot WAIT to get down there to Georgia and ride the ever-loving F out of Twisted Cyclone when it opens.

This will be a great addition for SFOG. Anytime a park "RMC's" the ride is better for it. The trains look cool. It does feel a little short, but the original ride was not very long.

IMO it is hard for me to get as excited about this RMC as I would have in other years because both Steel Vengeance and Twisted Timbers look like better rides. Also, both Cedar Point and Kings Dominion are closer to me. With that being said when I go SFOG this would be the ride I am heading to at rope drop!

I love the cobra roll! (Or whatever they're calling it). We're a bit spoiled this year after seeing Steel Vengeance and Twisted Timbers, but this should be a solid remake of what was otherwise a rough and uncomfortable ride. Yes, I wish it could be longer, but I'll still go to SFOG and ride the sh*t out of this whenever I get the chance! And yes, SFOG has a very solid lineup.

Short, but looks good. I love that they kept the blue handrail color for the new track. And the C1 Corvette, err, "classic 1960’s sports convertible" trains are the sexiest design RMC has come up with yet.

Interesting that this shows Twisted Cyclone with unpainted supports. Does this mean the ride will debut with a part-painted and part-unpainted structure?

I look forward to someday doing a Great RMC Road Trip with Wicked Cyclone, Twisted Cyclone, Twisted Colossus, and Twisted Timbers, with maybe a Mystic or Shivering Timbers thrown in for kicks.

Don't forgot the chains only Eurofighter

I thought I was forgetting something.

My wife said it looks smaller then she expected. I agree that it looks shorter

So are we supposed to just leave this one alone?

Interesting that this shows Twisted Cyclone with unpainted supports. Does this mean the ride will debut with a part-painted and part-unpainted structure?

This is the first comment I've seen addressing this and I believe that's because the general consensus is that it's just a matter of a rendering. I doubt the ride will be unpainted.

It's about DAMN time they kept that handrail color! I was super bunmed when Wicked Cyclone's rails turned out orange because I had seen photoshopped images from before its announcement slowing blue rails that looked totally KICKA$$!!

Even better, somebody had photoshopped a picture of Wicked Cyclone after its opening to make it's rails blue against the dark grey supports and it just bummed me even more as it looked even MORE kicka$$ than the white and blue.

(yes TC has blue rails, but it's just not the same!)

I've been seeing a bunch of people mentioning this, and I'm pretty surprised anyone else has even cared that the rails follow the original handrail colors, but it seems we are all tired of the orange and red RMCs. I thought I was the only silly person who gave a f*ck, but it appears most people actually really dig it.

This is probably my favorite color scheme out of all of Rocky Mountain's coasters. Love the natural wood and the colored track. And it's not red, orange, or brown, so...

Methinks that the reason why this coaster "feels" shorter is mainly because the trains don't crawl over the tops of the hills any more like they do on most older Cyclone layouts. That being said...

Now the question is will they evolve and change? Stay in this niche? Get less intense to go to other parks?

At least based on on-ride footage, this one -looks- to be the "least intense" of all the Rocky Mountain coasters, only because the hills seem more graceful than normal. Nothing super-crazy, this one looks to just glide through the track, which makes it a win in my book. As much as I like getting yanked out of my seat on Skyrush and El Toro, this seems much more smooth and fun.

I guess my thoughts about the length is that I really enjoyed Wicked Cyclone, and a majority of the reason is that is has such a rapid fire succession of elements. This doesn't have that, but like I said earlier, it's nice that none of the RMCs we have seen offer the same experience. Kudos to them for not falling into the trap of doing the same thing each time because it was successful. I'll take a unique experience every time even though I suspect I may still prefer Wicked over Twisted.

I really hope to make it down there this year for this! I haven't been to SFOG since 2009.

This just makes me REALLY want to go to SFOG. It's one of the few east coast parks I have yet to visit and I've heard such great things about it.

It really is an amazing park.

Not complaining at all as I think this looks amazing, but I will miss "the drop." If you've ridden the Georgia Cyclone, you know the one I'm speaking of. I certainly won't miss being brutalized by the beating it gave, but I will kind of miss "the drop."

The amazing turnaround should compensate though

Glad my favorite Six Flags is finally getting this.

That said, I think there's a right way and a wrong way to be critical of it if you're disappointed. Will it be a top 3 coaster in an already strong collection with Goliath and Mind Bender? Yes. Does it look like a budget conversion compared to what Cedar Fair is doing with theirs? Also yes. Will it be one of the best RMCs? Maybe not, but then again, lopping off nearly a third of layout didn't hurt Iron Rattler much for me so who knows? It still gives me another reason to speed up my next trip to SFOG.

I LOVE the colors! I was thrilled when Twisted Colossus went with blue and green, and now I feel the same way with Twisted Cyclone. It sure does look like one of the weaker RMCs, but there is no doubt it will be a great ride.

2018 is STACKED with great coasters. Steel Vengeance, Twisted Timbers, Twisted Cyclone, HangTime, Railblazer, both Wonder Women, Time Traveler...WOW.

Honestly, my only issue that's it's looks shorter than it's other RMC brethern (save Golitah from SFGAm), but everything else looks great! The trains, the track colors, that crazy arse turnaround element. Even though I enjoyed the original Cyclone, I know this new edition will kick all sorts of butt.

I also noticed that Twisted Cyclone seems to use the original RMC trains rather than the new generation ones like on Twisted Timbers and Steel Vengeance. I know it's just concept art, but I thought that was interesting.

No, you're right! Check out the latest picture here https://www.instagram.com/coasterheads/

These trains are currently being built at RMC headquarters (presumably for Twisted Cyclone) and they're definitely the legacy model, not the new-generation ones found on TwT or SV. You can tell because they don't have the double road wheel configuration or the steering chassis.

I also hated seeing Georgia Cyclone go, but this is a hell of a consolation prize. This is pretty much a Cy-clone on acid. I like that you basically get a traditional first drop, and the Storm Runner/Medusa roll drop coming out of the turnaround. There was a post earlier comparing it to Goliath, but I think there is a lot more packed into this design than Goliath's. SFOG is my favorite Six Flags park, and I'm looking forward to my next time out there.

I'd be super interested to see what the total project cost of this compared to Twisted Timbers, Wicked Cyclone, and Steel Vengeance looks like. I'm curious if RMC actually proposed multiple layouts at different price points and they went with a less expensive one, or if this just turned out to be the best/only way to go about it.

Even though it's very short, it still looks like a really fun ride and is still probably the best new ride at a Six Flags park next year.