TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

I want to the park today and all I can say is RMC confirmed. Everything is running extremely well today. There were at most station wait at every ride except JLBFM. GASM was running especially well today and I marathoned it 5 times without getting off. Similar story on Goliath with staying in the station and riding a total of 7 times without leaving the station. There is no question Cyclone is getting RMC'd.

IMG_2561.thumb.JPG.53752a3402ad4b6f5bf02691080a46a8.JPG

IMG_2563.thumb.JPG.f7fe044c104e7f9f77a7c6dd60c456e5.JPG

IMG_2564.thumb.JPG.be68ff85a654f61121c4adaa1ed69c21.JPG

IMG_2567.thumb.JPG.cb163749635186a3b51a0155abe55f12.JPG

IMG_2568.thumb.JPG.e27e78280d54a5bf86ab85aeab80325a.JPG

I'd have been perfectly happy with topper track and paint, but I'm hopeful that whatever comes in to replace / renew it will be great.

Yes! Me too! Even topper track and a good sandblasting. Oh well...

Check out this commercial from 1990 (my first year there!). A Cyclone with unpainted track and Mind Bender's yellow train (they had 3: red, yellow and orange if you remember!)

I'd have been perfectly happy with topper track and paint, but I'm hopeful that whatever comes in to replace / renew it will be great.

Yes! Me too! Even topper track and a good sandblasting. Oh well...

Check out this commercial from 1990 (my first year there!). A Cyclone with unpainted track and Mind Bender's yellow train (they had 3: red, yellow and orange if you remember!)

I think its the lighting but cyclone was always painted white.

The final teaser has just been released. It looks like they may be putting the emphasis on JLBFM because it was a "dark" video with the occasional scene of the previous trailer. They could be totally throwing us off because I know that it's an RMC coming especially since only track has come off and they are lowering some supports for a pre lift section. The ride wouldn't have track removed from the coaster if it was getting torn down. The areas I noticed the track off were the pre section before the lifthill, the station, and the turnaround before the last section and the turn around that led into the crazy 4th drop. And correct me if I'm wrong that they were also removing track from the brake run?

It could be that it's just cheaper to rent a Crain then send one all the way from Idaho.

Not only that, they have 7 projects this year and they may not have enough trucks to work at all 7 projects. I think that we may see one eventually though once they get done with mean streak or hurler or something.

Or they could be removing a few pieces of track for the rollercoaster Museum like they did with the wooden coaster from astroworld.

lol I thought u were joking for some reason. Strongly doubt that because they took quite a bit more track off then that. All the track in the station, brake run, final turn, some of the turnarounds, and some airtime hills were gone.

I think that as a construction company, RMC will likely be competent enough to acquire the necessary equipment to construct all the things they have contracts for.

I agree with that but I thought they might just have an extra crane taking off some of the track and then an RMC will show up a few days or weeks from now. I thought they would come over when they can take some pressure off the mean streak construction, which is a huge deal and probably the largest project they've ever done.

I know this is VERY far fetched but is it possible SFOG could be opening TWO attractions next year? It isn't unprecedented. Granted it has been a LONG TIME but Deja Vu and Acrophobia both opened the same year in 2002.

^I could see them adding some kind of family attraction to Hurricane Harbor in addition to the RMC. I don't think it is particularly likely but there is no reason to say that can't happen. HH seems like it could use an expansion considering the demand it has and the fact that it is relatively small.

3 new additions?

Here is what I am thinking:

1) Scrambler: Look at a Fidget spinner and look at an old fashion Scrambler ride. Yep, too close. Spins and has 3 arms! Shake, Rattle, and Roll returns!

2) RMC Cyclone: Construction has started and is looking more like it.

3) Hurricane Harbor addition: Needed badly

What do you think? Less than 2 days before we know for sure.

^Doesn't the park still have their scrambler in storage?

Shake Rattle & Roll was one of the best scramblers I have ever been on. Forceful and I also loved the indoor setting and show that went with it. I was extremely sad when it left because it was in my opinion, one of the best attractions in the park.

This is probably reading too far into wording but the park uses the term "attraction" ...singular not plural. We will never know until it is announced or leaked but I am assuming just the RMC which is plenty good enough! Wouldn't scoff at more though.

I hope the rails are teal or electric sky blue shade. Something similar to the old Cyclone handrails.

Here we are...the calm before whatever 'storm' is being announced in just over 24 hours - coming to replace cyclone. I still think it will be 'Hurricane: Force 5' RMC and something added to Hurricane Harbor. The teaser videos have been little more than mind games albeit clever. The powers-to-be at SF know how to play around with us and I am sure they enjoy reading all the enthusiasts' speculation. It's all in good fun.

Hold onto your hats - this forum (along with all Six Flags related threads) will be lighting up big time in the next couple days!