TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

^same park, but being a bit older -

The Great American Scream Machine was my first wooden coaster and I rode it with my dad as well (mom would do steel coasters, but not woodies as she said the lift gave her too much time to panic.)

Mindbender was my first looper (and is still one of my favorites of all time.)

^Mindbender was my first looper (and is still one of my favorites of all time.)

Mine as well. No one told me to hold my head back going into the loops so I found myself with my head between my knees thru both of them.

It was my daughter's first looper as well. It is our favorite also! Its amazing sometimes how life goes full "loop".

Did Rattler, TX Giant, Cyclone, Roar, Medusa and Colossus keep their original stations when they were IBoxed?? I've been on Goliath, and I'm pretty sure they used Iron Wolfs old station.

All the RMC conversions so far have kept their stations. Goliath is a ground up RMC and did use Iron Wolf's station.

Just checked CoasterQueue since I'm curious what the wait time is. Dahlonega Mine Train has a 55 minute wait, and everything else is 35 minutes or less

Was there yesterday at opening. It was getting busy as I was leaving at 12:30. A lot of people want to get that day in before school starts. Also all this week they have a coupon for pass holders, BAF for $14.99 all this week.

Not every footer had markings on it. If they were removing the whole structure wouldn't either:

A.) They all have markings, or

B.) None of them have markings because they could just tell the demo crew "Just take this whole thing down."

As I was leaving the park yesterday, I noticed what appear to be survey markings outside the park on that closed parkway road behind the Cyclone. I saw some white and green spray paint markings on the ground as well as a couple wooden stakes with numbers on them. This has me wondering if the park plans on expanding their footprint a little in the area surrounding the 2018 project. With all signs pointing to a new blockbuster ride, the "British" section could use more space, including another dining location to supplement the (what is likely to be) overwhelmed Johnny Rockets. This being year #5 of the 5-year expansion plan, adding on to the park would fit the bill. I also have to wonder if the "British" theme will change, perhaps to "Screampunk", similar to SFMM.

It is pretty certain that whatever is built here will NOT have any kind of a DC theme.

Can't help but feel a little nostalgic/sad from those pictures.

Well I gotta few more for you. When the track was still new and they were testing colors of blue

I know it had gotten just brutal and that something amazing will most likely be in it's spot next year....but.... I'm old and change is bad

AND you remember what the ride was like (and what it was meant to be), in those first few years.

I was going to get some photos of the survey markings around the parkway road (behind Cyclone) but some really bad weather moved in and I got this photo before the sky opened up and I retreated to my vehicle!

1606781889_Stormy080617.thumb.jpg.d666657cca0e094177af71bad020ab19.jpg

incoming storm makes for an amazing photo-op!

I was going to get some photos of the survey markings around the parkway road (behind Cyclone) but some really bad weather moved in and I got this photo before the sky opened up and I retreated to my vehicle!

Come on...take one for the team! LOL! I would have retreated as well.

You know with them closed during the week now we should start to see, or you may have been able to see, some heavy equipment in place to start the work. I read SFNE thread starting before the closing of their cyclone and they almost immediately had photos of a Bobcat with RMC logos on it. Then it was a pickup truck with RMC branding on it. Them closing it so early before the 2018 ride announcement leads me to believe they are going to start the work ASAP.

Wicked Cyclone also had to start quickly before the blizzards of the 2014-15 winter slowed progress. I can't see that being an issue down in Georgia.

If we got snow here, there'd be nothing happening for a week guarantee. Everything would just shut down.

Anyone else find the Hurricane Harbor sign at the Cyclone's entrance really random?

Maybe a hint of Georgia Cyclone being renamed to something hurricane related?

Seems like a bit of a stretch but I guess that would make make sense...

Maybe they are going to continue the water park expansion for 2018? And not reace cyclone with anything yet?

I mean it could just be pointing to HH and not mean anything but HH is probably closing for the season in a few weeks so a direction sign really isn't needed?

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure Hurricane Harbor could get some new slides or something in addition to #RMCGACyclone. As small as that area is, it definitely needs an expansion sooner than later.

I agree. I'm thinking that them showing the signs on cyclone and pointing to HH hard or that it means we will see cyclone revamped and possibly an addition to HH. It wouldn't make sense to put a "Something Big" is coming banner on two parts of the cyclones building if they have no plans for it, IMO.

Ah yes!!! The Georgia Hurricane!! I like the sound of that!!

After seeing that teaser video and mulling this over for a moment, the name that jumps out now is "HURRICANE: FORCE 5". It is a good bet that project 2018 will have some sort of a storm theme. Besides, the name HF5 is already in use at SFFT for their 'disk'o' spinning ride which debuted last season. I still doubt they will use the 'Wicked" name as that is a New Englander's term for something cool.

Hopefully all our RMC dreams will come true and we can 'ride the storm' in 2018!

Visited the park today - the crowds were non-existent; most rides were walk-ons and re-rides (rode Batman 2X without getting off). Only Justice League had any kind of a line. Very uncrowded in Hurricane Harbor as well.

A few notes:

Two pieces of construction equipment on site at Cyclone - one larger crane and a smaller one (I could not get a clear enough view to see if "RMC" were on either). It does not appear any real work has taken place there yet.

Additional survey paint has been applied to the parkway road area, most notably a green painted dotted line near the walkway.

A great deal of Fright Fest props have already been brought out, particularly in the USA section, including that 'Tunnel of Love' scare zone, used in the past few seasons. Also - the grassy hill near Acrophobia has already been transformed into a cemetery (gulp!) Part of the area outside the Rabun Gap RR station is now walled off, presumably for the Terror Train attraction.

Thunder River is still closed but at this point I believe the work has started on converting it to a haunt, so that ride is likely done for the year. The Observation deck / Freestyle was also closed.

Hard to believe Fright Fest is just around the corner. Hopefully the park ups the ante this season as last year's event was watered down and not at all scary.