TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

While I love Georgia Cyclone, I'm really glad RMC is coming back to the Deep South to bring another amazing coaster back and making it better! Also really excited to have an RMC 20 minutes from me!

RMC Cylcone, Goliath, and Mind Bender, what one hell of a triplet.

But after GC closes in several weeks, there will only be 3 left: the original at Coney Island, Viper at SFGAm, and Bandit at Movie Park Germany

And Bandit could close as well and I wouldn't feel a bit sad!

Here to remind people of the news package that just came out the other day in which Fred revealed that every new RMC opening in the US for 2018 will have a brand new train design for them. Will be cool to see what they look like!

This is just adding to the amazing-ness. A new train design would, *I hope*, somehow leave room for Six Flags' seat belts for quicker dispatches.

While I love Georgia Cyclone, I'm really glad RMC is coming back to the Deep South to bring another amazing coaster back and making it better! Also really excited to have an RMC 20 minutes from me!

RMC Cylcone, Goliath, and Mind Bender, what one hell of a triplet.

There's no question I would plan a visit to SFOG next summer if it does turn out to be an RMC makeover. I've only once the park once but it was a very good visit.

This is great news! I'm glad I got to ride it for my first and last time recently, but it will not be missed at all whenever I visit the park again (probably next year!)

2018 is really shaping up to be a stellar year for coasters, esp. in the Cedar Fair chain. With GA Cyclone, Six Flags will add their contribution to the mix.

It's funny how obvious a few key upper management people made this when I got the chance to talk to them about it a few months ago. I just wasn't sure if it would happen for 2018!

I have to say I am REALLY sad to see Georgia Cyclone go. I wish it had the full course topper tracked. It is a great intense coaster that just was rough due to neglect.

RMC Georgia Cyclone will most likely be amazing though so at least a great coaster will be replaced by another great coaster.

I had to clean up this thread today, too. Ugh!

People of TPR, I implore you: Please be respectful of each other.

I now return you to the SFOG Discussion Thread, which is already in progress.

Farewell, Georgia Cyclone!

I'm mostly indifferent to the (assuming) RMC makeover of the Georgia Cyclone. I liked the ride as is just fine, but if the conversion is similar to their previous work this will go from being a ride a lot of the GP probably don't care about to one of the best rides in the park.

I've only been to SFOG a handful of times but I can't really remember ever waiting in a line for the Cyclone, I expect that to change.

If Georgia Cyclone becomes an RMC upgrade, that leaves Boss, SFA Roar and Monstre as the remaining candidates for Six Flags. Great Adventure's Toro was of course built by RMC and is as good, even if it doesn't have any loop de loops ...

Best Schwartzkopf in the country, my favorite B&M hyper (haven't been on 325 or Mako, but have been on the others in the US), best standup, lots of shady trees - and an RMC for perfection on top.

Great Adventure's Toro was of course built by RMC

You know, not all great woodies in six flags parks are RMCS, right?

El Toro was physically constucted by RMC. However, Intamin designed it and outsourced the prefab track manufacturing, the catwalks, and a few other misc parts to Cordes Holzbau (a German firm).

Concerning Cyclone closing, count me in on the boat of those who really enjoyed the ride. I prefer it much to GASM - I found it a more intense, complete, and excitingof a ride. I didn't find it too rough, especially since most of times that I rode it that I can remember where after parts where replaced with topper track.

The only thing I disliked about the ride was the terrible screaching it created. The noise alone caused headaches for me, even though I didn't find the ride rough. If you were to ask me which coaster makes the most obnoxious sound, Georgia Cyclone would have been my immediate answer.

Haven't most of the conversions happened in about the time there would be to have Georgia Cyclone ready for next season? The one's that are extra long are Texas Giant, Mean Streak, and Hurler, but what about Joker, Storm Chaser, Colossus, Rattler, and Medusa?