TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Thank you for all the row preference suggestions! How rough are Blue Hawk and Scorcher and where is the best place to sit to minimize roughness?

Blue Hawk really isn't rough anywhere for me... Scorcher not so much.

^The single rider lines are a joke. They basically took the space between row railing in the station, and turned them into a single rider line. It isn't even accessible until you are in the station and no one uses them. They are completely forgotten. I don't think any ride in the park has a legitimate single rider line.

Where to sit on rides...

Cyclone: Front row of last car

Scorcher: Worth front for the view and back for the airtime. Back left is my favorite because you get surprise airtime on the sideways hill before the corkscrew.

Goliath: back is best but the front is worth a try as well.

DDD: Front

Mindbender: Front of back car.

Batman: Front for view, back for forces.

Mine Train: Front of back car. Good airtime on final drop

Superman: Front for view. Back for forces

GASM: front of back car. Avoid back row of any car on the train. The wheel seats are incredibly rough.

Blue Hawk: Anywhere but many people prefer front row of back car.

Rides you should try that many people might skip...

Monster Mansion: Great classic dark ride.

Thunder River: Best rapids ride I have been on. Classic 80s Intamin with insane rapids after the final tunnel. The entire ride looks like a real river too. Plus the blasters people pay to soak you with are very powerful.

Riverview Carousel: worth looking at even if you don't ride it.

Joker Funhouse Coaster: family coaster but very good. First drop has great airtime in the back row.

Acrophobia: The stand up tilting seats make the ride very scary. Plus, the brake stretch at the base of the tower is very short and low to the ground. It scares me more than any other Intamin 3rd gen tower by far.

I agree with all those except for Batman. I got more forces sitting in the front rather than the back. Both are still great.

^The single rider lines are a joke.

I agree with this with one possible exception -- the single rider setup on the new JL dark ride looks decent. It cuts out about half of the queue inside the building at least.

I had to look up photos of the ride to remind myself what it looked like, but I see your point now.

img_1828.jpg(x)

Looks like an extremely narrow gap for height restrictions to me, and especially odd having kids go without their parent or older rider on a 30 foot drop tower.

Thanks, I thought so too, especially since it didn't open that way. I rode it last year. I guess nobody's got any inside scoop on what changed or why, but I feel like there's a story here.

Just to stir up a little speculation, I know that it was mentioned that RMC markers are usually orange. With the green markers on cyclone is it possible to assume that since flags may be bringing in a company like GCI to work on cyclone? Maybe just a full standard retrack?

Nobody asked, and most of you may have already seen them with your own eyes, but here's a couple of pics of the markers I took last week.

Please let it be RMC. I've been saying that ever since I visited last year. I like Cyclone but its perfect for the iBox treatment, and would look awesome hanging over the front of the park.

Maybe they just ran out of orange spray paint!

I just love it when people with 2 posts pop in to stir up a little speculation!!!

So glad to make your acquaintance!!

Hopefully the rest of your interaction on here will be more pleasant. A GCI overhaul of Georgia Cyclone is actually something I hadn't thought of. It could be possible. But I do think RMC is more likely.

So if GA Cyclone is getting RMC'd, it should be closing soon, yeah? All 5 of these parks announced the closure about a month before closing.

Cyclone at SFNE: Closed on July 20.

Colossus: Closed on August 16.

Roar at SFDK: Closed on August 16.

Medusa: Closed on August 18.

Rattler: Closed on August 5.

My prediction: We will be seeing "Say goodbye to Georgia Cyclone. It will storm out on Aug __" by the end of this month.

Hi everyone, I am planning my first visit to Six Flags (July 26th) and had some questions I am hoping the experts can answer. I'm a Florida girl and have a feeling this won't but the same experience as our parks- but not in a bad way.

1. It will be a Wednesday, end of summer, is this typically a very crowded time? Will we be able to do everything (or almost) once?

2. Which rides/attractions do we absolutely need to hit up? (2 adults who love coasters)

3. How long are wait times typically?

4. Is there a good time to stop by the water park portion? Like opening time, or closer to 6?

5. Are the lockers there big enough for our shoes, clothes and 2 towels? Is it all day/hourly? What is the rate?

6. Do the meal tickets online really save you anything? or should we wait for better food options in park?

7. Is there a way to get around the $25 parking? Nearby hotels with free shuttle, etc.?

8. Do they have digital kiosks for wait times, an app, etc?

9. Any other info that would be useful, help us have extra fun?

10. We will be going to Talluhah Gorge the next day? any recommendations there?

11. Good place to eat a casual dinner somewhere in-between?

Sorry to get a little off topic towards the end but I figured some locals might be able to help. Thanks in advance!

Just guessing, but I immediately thought of a Cyclone closing announcement when I saw this. SFNE pretty much did the same thing and did an early morning announcement. Especially with all the markers on the ride I would bet on them announcing it's closure tomorrow.

IMG_7004.thumb.PNG.3bd7045cd907b705147dfc583585cba3.PNG

Just guessing, but I immediately thought of a Cyclone closing announcement when I saw this. SFNE pretty much did the same thing and did an early morning announcement. Especially with all the markers on the ride I would bet on them announcing it's closure tomorrow.

[attachment=0]IMG_7004.PNG[/attachment]

That's really exciting! Is Atlanta on the Eastern time zone?

That's really exciting! Is Atlanta on the Eastern time zone?

Yes.

On another subject, on my Sunday visit I noticed (on a ride that is not often discussed much these days) Splashwater Falls once again has passing boats splashing the observation bridge! I do not know how long this has been going on but this was always a feature I really enjoyed on SWF prior to 2004 when the boats were then modified to splash away from the bridge. Add to this the available water blasters and this is once again the wettest ride in the park (not counting Hurricane Harbor of course!)

Which has me thinking a bit about the future of SWF. I do not think it is going away anytime soon as the land it occupies is not large enough for a major attraction. Having said that, I have often wondered why our park does not refurbish and re-theme this ride to Aquaman - like they did at the Over Texas park. The ride and observation bridge are looking like they need a little love. I was told back in 2004 the reason the boats were modified was to prevent further deterioration to the wooden bridge with all that water splashing against it again and again. Maybe a replacement with more durable materials is in order, like they have at the Texas SF.

A couple more points to this idea: theming this ride to a DC superhero would link the Justice League/Metropolis area with the DC Super Friends children's area with a continuous DC theme. Additionally, (for creative reasons), Aquaman was not included in the Justice League: BFM ride, so why not give this character his own ride?

Of course this would not (or should not) be the star new attraction of a given operating season but with Six Flags opting to refurbish older rides lately, like Blue Hawk, maybe this is something to consider.

Can't wait to see what that 'big announcement' on GMA will be!

RMC Georgia Cyclone is happening!!!!!!!!!! Very well may be the best ride in the park and will bring more crowds to SFOG!!!!!

Ok so we know it's closing. Do we know what they're doing, for sure?

I hate wild speculation as much as anyone and while an RMC conversion hasn't been announced I'd say there's roughly a 100% chance that's what we're looking at here. It's following the pattern of every other RMC conversion to date... first there are markers on the supports, then they announce an early closing date, then people show up and ask how we know for sure it's an RMC conversion, then people will show up and say that the ride is small and compact and not conducive to an RMC conversion so they think it'll suck, then it opens and everyone realizes it's OMFG amazing... lather, rinse, repeat

Ok so we know it's closing. Do we know what they're doing, for sure?

Well, no but this follows the exact same chain of events all previous Six Flags RMC's have: markings on the supports/around the coaster, at some point in July Six Flags announces its closing forever, with no hint at what is replacing it. It's pretty much a given. Not to mention this particular project has been rumored for years.

edit: Bill beat me to it.

Here's the full Good Day Atlanta story.

It's also been posted on the parks website.

Yay! The Southeast will finally have a working RMC!

^^Haha, you're totally right, Bill! Except don't forget that they closed Rolling Thunder for no huge reason

So if GA Cyclone is getting RMC'd, it should be closing soon, yeah? All 5 of these parks announced the closure about a month before closing.

Cyclone at SFNE: Closed on July 20.

Colossus: Closed on August 16.

Roar at SFDK: Closed on August 16.

Medusa: Closed on August 18.

Rattler: Closed on August 5.

My prediction: We will be seeing "Say goodbye to Georgia Cyclone. It will storm out on Aug __" by the end of this month.

Well, alright then, last week's prediction turned out true. Seems like any enthusiast will have an amazing three day weekend next year between SFOG, Carowinds, and Dollywood!

Also I wanna send a huge shoutout to every single douchebag that posted some variation of that "Well Six Flags isn't working with RMC anymore" horsesh*t once work on Hurler & MS started.

Here to remind people of the news package that just came out the other day in which Fred revealed that every new RMC opening in the US for 2018 will have a brand new train design for them. Will be cool to see what they look like!

I will genuinely miss this one. Georgia Cyclone was one of my childhood favorites growing up around Atlanta, and I still like the ride to a degree, but yeah it feels like its about time for it to go. When you look at the current state of the ride, you would swear Six Flags just doesn't want to keep it up anymore. Peeling paint and splintered wood everywhere you look, rides really rough etc. I'm excited to see what RMC does with this.