TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

I saw Dale (park president) again tonight on my way out and couldn't bring myself to complaining.. He was with another higher up picking up trash at the front of the park.. He has always had my respect because he is always out and about in the park and if he is out picking up trash then the park was very overwhelmed tonight.. How many other park presidents pick up trash? I just shook his hand and said thanks for a great night. In their defense park was packed! The old lot was back to go carts almost and the lot beside the bus lot was full.

I had fun though, fright fest is always my favorite time at six flags.. I love Halloween and everything about it.. That's why I drive to Atlanta for it usually two different weekends and spend Friday, Saturday, and Sunday both weekends!

Shows: Dead Man's Party is my favorite show of all time! Watched it 3 times already this year! The carnival was decent

Rides: Ops were fine on rides.. Goliath was almost always going up the lift when the second train returned.. Same for mind bender and other coasters.. Superman was stacking but the ops where moving very quickly.. those old trains just never lock correctly.. the ops ran from seat to seat and you could tell they where trying.. Scorcher also stacked but people never follow instructions on it.. Can't blame the ops for that.. I had a flash pass, lines remained very long most of the evening (60 min + wait on most) but again ride ops remained positive.. Later in the night they were getting ran down a bit but most rides had the same ops at 10:45 that they had at noon when they opened

Food Service: This was disappointing, mainly because so much was closed.. with school in session are they really this short on clerks to run food booths? Maybe! The outside of alot of the restaurants could really use a cleaning! Snacks down beside Superman had spiders and webs (real webs not the fright fest ones) all over.. I'm not talking one web that built overnight, I'm talking looks like it hasn't been cleaned all season! Lol.. and honestly there is no excuse for not honoring dining plan if you have been waiting in line.. This is unacceptable and I will probably at least complain about this in the survey that is sent out..

Decorations: They did a great job on the various haunted decorations all over the park but without the scarecrows and other Halloween type things during the day, it looked lacking.. I mean the had huge areas that had amazing decor but in between the areas, no scarecrows, skeletons, or anything.. Years past have been full of this stuff

Scareactors: Friday was lacking but tonight they had tons.. and they did a good job causing you to jump! I love the scareactors! This is why frightfest is my favorite time at Six Flags

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Well see that's what I thought but when people started complaining about them only running one and that it was half broken down I thought someone had mentioned they only had two now..

Both trains where running fine when I was there, all seats working and everything.. of course, nothing would lock correctly but that's always been an issue. The train on the maintenance bay has no theming so I guess they use it exclusively for parts now. It's like a Skelton train lol

Oh and to whoever asked the question earlier, they do have a lot of Christmas lights up already.. most bushes wrapped and stuff..

Here are a few photos from yesterday, most are on my Action Camera but here are a few from my phone. Going to head back to the park for a couple hours until it gets busy here when the open at noon.. Few more hours before I head back home to Knoxville!

^ I'm sorry about your experience and even though I've never been to SFOG, it's a Six Flags park. What the hell did you expect?

All SF parks and personnel are not created equal. It is ignorant to think all Six Flags parks deliver the same experience! I have had few complaints with SFGAdv this season.

Edited by larrygator

Well see that's what I thought but when people started complaining about them only running one and that it was half broken down I thought someone had mentioned they only had two now..

Both trains where running fine when I was there, all seats working and everything.. of course, nothing would lock correctly but that's always been an issue. The train on the maintenance bay has no theming so I guess they use it exclusively for parts now. It's like a Skelton train lol

They probably have the three trains on a refurb schedule with one being out of use for a season, and another train the next, and so on. Great Adventure does this with Kingda Ka and the Runaway Mine Train. Sometimes towards the end of the season the fourth train for Kingda Ka and the third train for Runaway Mine Train appear on the transfers, partially or fully constructed. The next season one of the trains for each ride is taken off the track, giving the impression that one less train exists for each ride.

Hopefully they are refurbishing it not sure if that will actually help the locks or not! It needs a new paint job as well, overall though, Superman ran fine this weekend.. not nearly as bad as a lot of people have made it sound.. They just have caught the crew on an off day like I caught the food services crew on an off day

To comment on someone's post earlier - as far back as I can remember the Park Presidents at SFoG have usually spent time walking and WORKING in the park itself. When I worked there in 1986 and 1987, the park president was known to walk around with a broom and dustpan - it seems like it has always gone on which helps me understand why SFoG usually does well with service (except for food service which is always understaffed at every park anywhere ) It truly is still my favorite Six Flags park.

Yup, he didn't have a broom and dustpan but he did have a trash grabber and was picking up trash.. like I said, he was also the person directing guest as they where entering the park on Saturday.

It really does go a long way with customer service and I'm sure it does help with the service at the park

^These young whipper-snappers and their "trash Grabbers," back in my day it was a broom and dustpan....uphill....both ways......in the snow

Honestly, it's great to see upper management is still involved inside the park.

^I noticed them using the second station a few weeks ago (not loading and unloading, but moving empty trains in and out from there). Do they normally utilize that side of the station? I was under the impression that it wasn't functional at this point.

Could that be a sign of returning to dual station ops? (with three trains ideally but even with two it would prevent stacking and increase pph)

Could that be a sign of returning to dual station ops? (with three trains ideally but even with two it would prevent stacking and increase pph)

I really doubt that that will happen again

I only mention it because before a few weeks ago (when I saw them use the other station) I was under the impression that it was not functional. I was surprised to see that side fully functional. It does give me hope. I know Six Flags is infamous for not caring about pph ops but Superman is made to have amazing ops yet always has a terrible line. I do have some hope that it is so bad they are trying to fix it. I've had the line from the steps into the station take a half hour. I couldn't imagine the usual where it goes down the long path near the entrance to the ride. That's 2 hours best. Crossing my fingers for a Superman upgrade considering it is still one of their most popular coasters.

Sorry for the bad photo but is that a new superman train in the maintenance bay? It's not themed yet and they where running two trains today meaning they have three on property

No Superman was made to run 3 trains and they got 3 trains when they built the ride, but like several other big coasters in the SF family (X, Kingda Ka) they chose not to run full capacity anymore probably due to budgetary reasons. The maintenance team probably had that train in the shed because they were putting it back together.

Yeah, but like we said earlier, hopefully they are repairing it or getting it ready for nxt year since it is now "naked" for a lack of better words.. because the current trains are having issues! BUt when I was there a few weeks ago both of the running trains were fine and all rows operational u like a lot of past post saying half the rows are blocked off..

As for the second station, I have never seen a train just setting in it but I do know it still works.. Earlier this season they actually used it to unload my train because the other train was having issues in the main station

The only closure it had when I was there (it actually had two closures) but both were caused by someone puking on the break run.

Yeah, but like we said earlier, hopefully they are repairing it or getting it ready for nxt year since it is now "naked" for a lack of better words.. because the current trains are having issues! BUt when I was there a few weeks ago both of the running trains were fine and all rows operational u like a lot of past post saying half the rows are blocked off..

As for the second station, I have never seen a train just setting in it but I do know it still works.. Earlier this season they actually used it to unload my train because the other train was having issues in the main station

The only closure it had when I was there (it actually had two closures) but both were caused by someone puking on the break run.

To second this point, I’ve seen them use the other side of the station to unload when the main side was having issues at least twice in the last year or two. The other side definitely works, but it doesn’t operate due to their maintenance decision to only run two trains. Using the other side of the station for any length of time requires probably at least three extra personnel, and I doubt it would make any business sense to add those personnel for the minimal throughput gains you would get when only running two trains.

DDD is on the list, but no mention if it'll have holiday VR.. no idea why it wouldn't unless they remove VR all together.. they had Halloween VR

The standard VR for it isn't festive at all so I feel it will kill the festive mood of the park if they leave it on there but who knows

So I know that Superman, GASM, and Blue Ninja Hawk do not seem to be operating at Holiday In The Park this year, but will they be open the next two weekends before HITP begins?

I have a feeling the park will be dead this weekend and next, and if those are still open, I will probably go to the park and take advantage of the light crowds.

So I know that Superman, GASM, and Blue Ninja Hawk do not seem to be operating at Holiday In The Park this year, but will they be open the next two weekends before HITP begins?

I have a feeling the park will be dead this weekend and next, and if those are still open, I will probably go to the park and take advantage of the light crowds.

So...how were crowds? I am thinking of going this coming Sunday, 11/13/16.