TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Can anyone tell me what the weird deal is with DDD and Platnium Flash Pass?? It says online that you basically only get to ride it once. It requires and advance reservation, and an additional fee?? I've never heard of anything like this with Flash Pass. . . Anyone dealt with this at the park before? Also, does SFOG allow double riding with Platnium Flash Pass?? I've been to a few Six Flags parks this year that say "we no longer allow double riding with Platnium Flash Pass."

Can anyone tell me what the weird deal is with DDD and Platnium Flash Pass?? It says online that you basically only get to ride it once. It requires and advance reservation, and an additional fee?? I've never heard of anything like this with Flash Pass. . . Anyone dealt with this at the park before? Also, does SFOG allow double riding with Platnium Flash Pass?? I've been to a few Six Flags parks this year that say "we no longer allow double riding with Platnium Flash Pass."

Magic Mountain used to do this. When we bought the Flash Pass we had to reserve X2 and Lex Luthor at the reservation center and pay extra for the ability to do so. This was in addition to the Platinum Flash Pass.

Dollywood does the same thing with shows, they need to do it for you. But it's not an additional fee there.

Magic Mountain used to do this. When we bought the Flash Pass we had to reserve X2 and Lex Luthor at the reservation center and pay extra for the ability to do so. This was in addition to the Platinum Flash Pass.

Dollywood does the same thing with shows, they need to do it for you. But it's not an additional fee there.

Alright if its still the same way they had it set up in April when I was there - first off - yes FP platinum does allow double rides so you can piss off all sorts of people all day and its awesome. #hatersgonnahate

RE: DDD and FP platinum - dont think you could do double rides on Dare Devil Dive due to the VR and already low capacity. Yes you pay an extra $10 for Dare Devil Dive (since SF are geniuses and figured out if they put VR on their lowest capacity coaster people who really want to ride it would be forced to pay the extra money) and they set the reservation for you when you buy/pick up the Qbot. They gave me 2-3 different times I could pick from and they set it for me before giving me my Qbot.

Note: I missed my reservation time as I reserved 11am, but I first went to wait in the short standby line as it had just opened, figuring that like a normal Six Flags Qbot, my time would not run out and I could get two rides - one in the standby, and then run around and use my FP reservation, but after about 10-15 minutes of not using it after 11am (since the standby line was craaaaawwling), it disappeared from my Qbot. I had to go back to FP HQs and luckily they didnt give me a hard time and re-reserved for me later in the day. That time I went right up the exit and used it right away when it was my reserved time as to not run into the same problem.

^ That's probably a good plan. We sprinted right to DDD at 10:30am rope drop (almost losing my phone in the process) and still didn't get on the ride via the standby line until 11:15ish (and we had maybe 15-20 people in front of us - no I'm not exaggerating). Expect the standby line to piss you off if its busy, because it will. Granted it was early in the season but there was like 20 employees working the ride and none of them were actually doing anything.

Operations elsewhere were pretty great and no issues with anything else thanks to FP platinum. Superman's FP queue is great because it dumps you right into the front row and you can give all the suckers the middle finger as you enjoy your double front row ride. Its a beautiful park with some solid rides (Mindbender, Goliath, Batman, Monster Mansion, GASM) so have a great time!

edit: here's my report if you want some more tips. Get hyped, its a great park!

NOTE TO SELF...and anyone else who will take heed...do not go to any season pass holder night...ever! If you went on Friday you know what I speak of! OMG! Wall to wall people! The large parking lot was completely full by 9:30 and they were putting cars in the other parking lot beside the entrance. Besides the crowd...I do think that the Fright Fest themeing was better last year. There weren't as many scharacters out and about as last year and what was out had disappeared by 10:45pm. Lines were loooong, but operations were fast! Was able to ride Mindbender x1 and Goliath x4. Tripled it because they forgot to close the queue at 12am. Got 3 back to back rides and last train as they were trying to clear the queue.

Im anticipating what the rest of the first weekends are going to look like in October and December. With the most recent Flash sale they were giving out bring-a-friend tickets for Oct 1-16 and Dec 1-16. Should make for fun times.

Hey how's it going everyone!?

I wanted to ask a few things about the park. I drove to Carowinds from Dallas this past weekend (17 hours if you're wondering). I decided to stop off at SFOG since it's next to the highway and it did look like fun. I didn't have much time so I headed straight for the coasters in the park to knock them out on Sunday. It was dead which was great; but I have to ask...do they always never check restraints? I was surprised to see that there's a park in the chain that exists that hasn't been required to put seat belts on the rides. What's up with them having to manually lock the restraints on Superman? That was almost unnerving as someone in my party had a restraint that wouldn't stay down, without a seat belt for a fail safe...he was legit scared to ride for the first time on a ride.

On Goliath, Blue Hawk, and Mind Bender they didn't even check the restraints. On both Goliath and Blue Hawk after we all got in, they had to release all the restraints and told us all to pull them back down...then they sent us on our way without checking them! I watched them do this on trains before us and was just dumbfounded. The only ride that everything went "normal" so to speak was Georgia Scorcher, which we really enjoyed actually. I just wanna know what the deal is with this park on the lack of safety, I couldn't believe it and I'm just wondering if anyone else has noticed this with regularity? It was bad enough that we filled out a report and got the ride supervisors down there and told them; to their credit...they took it very seriously, so I do hope it's resolved.

NOTE TO SELF...and anyone else who will take heed...do not go to any season pass holder night...ever! If you went on Friday you know what I speak of! OMG! Wall to wall people! The large parking lot was completely full by 9:30 and they were putting cars in the other parking lot beside the entrance. Besides the crowd...I do think that the Fright Fest themeing was better last year. There weren't as many scharacters out and about as last year and what was out had disappeared by 10:45pm. Lines were loooong, but operations were fast! Was able to ride Mindbender x1 and Goliath x4. Tripled it because they forgot to close the queue at 12am. Got 3 back to back rides and last train as they were trying to clear the queue.

Im anticipating what the rest of the first weekends are going to look like in October and December. With the most recent Flash sale they were giving out bring-a-friend tickets for Oct 1-16 and Dec 1-16. Should make for fun times.

I went a few years ago.. they also allow season pass holders to bring friends for free or heavy discounts on season pass night so this is also what causes the large crowds

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Hey how's it going everyone!?

I wanted to ask a few things about the park. I drove to Carowinds from Dallas this past weekend (17 hours if you're wondering). I decided to stop off at SFOG since it's next to the highway and it did look like fun. I didn't have much time so I headed straight for the coasters in the park to knock them out on Sunday. It was dead which was great; but I have to ask...do they always never check restraints? I was surprised to see that there's a park in the chain that exists that hasn't been required to put seat belts on the rides. What's up with them having to manually lock the restraints on Superman? That was almost unnerving as someone in my party had a restraint that wouldn't stay down, without a seat belt for a fail safe...he was legit scared to ride for the first time on a ride.

On Goliath, Blue Hawk, and Mind Bender they didn't even check the restraints. On both Goliath and Blue Hawk after we all got in, they had to release all the restraints and told us all to pull them back down...then they sent us on our way without checking them! I watched them do this on trains before us and was just dumbfounded. The only ride that everything went "normal" so to speak was Georgia Scorcher, which we really enjoyed actually. I just wanna know what the deal is with this park on the lack of safety, I couldn't believe it and I'm just wondering if anyone else has noticed this with regularity? It was bad enough that we filled out a report and got the ride supervisors down there and told them; to their credit...they took it very seriously, so I do hope it's resolved.

I've seen this before as well, especially the manual locking on superman. Yes, it happens regularly, and I really wish that six flags would stop hiring so many employees that have no idea what they are doing. On any given ride you can see at least 2 employees standing around doing nothing. The ops at sfog have gone to complete shit and that's one of the reasons I hardly ever go anymore.

Getting ready to head to the park for the first time!! I'm torn between being excited, and expecting a typical "Six Flags Day!" Which we all know, a "Six Flags Day" isn't the best. I'm going in with pretty low expectations, and if the park exceeds them (doubtful) then it will be a surprise!! Forecast calls for a warm, clear day, which is a plus given the Hurricane that's not to far away.

I'm here to.. parks picking up now though rides are backing up.. operations aren't to bad tonight but I am about to head out (will be back tomorrow) we just arrived in town early and figured we would catch a few rides tonight

I'm a little disappointed in the decorations this year! They don't seem to have nearly as many as years past.. yeah they have the themed scare areas but outside those areas there are no fall or Halloween style decorations like previous years..

Scareactors seem to be the same as last year and I was really hoping for more.. overall decent night! Everything is picking up though and most rides are now around a 30 min wait

I was at the park from 6-9 this evening. I only came to process my pass, but the low crowds convinced me to ride a few rides.

During my 3 hours, I rode:

Georgia Cyclone

Acrophobia

Monster Mansion

Blue Hawk

GASM

Superman

Carousel

Mind Bender

A few notes:

•I have to say, Blue Hawk was better than I expected, and the jolts weren't the worst thing in the world.

•Mind Bender's ops were killing it at times. By the time the 2nd train was on the brakes, the other was going up the lift.

•Someone please please paint Scorcher. It's horrible.

•100 minutes for DDD while the other rides are under a half hour. Yeah, please die VR.

•It was fun riding in the back of Cyclone by myself with beautiful ejector airtime.

•GASM needs to be retracked badly.

•Justice League construction is going well.

If anyone ever wants to go the park and ride a few together sometime, I'm always game as I usually ride by myself like I did tonight. I only live about 20 minutes from the park. I'll be back next Friday for more riding and all throughout HITP.

Also, riding Mind Bender at night is my favorite coaster experience ever. Yes, even better than Maverick, but barely. First night ride as well.

I'll end with a couple pics taken tonight.

FB_IMG_1476500809172.thumb.jpg.f10af1badca0f3fe68bf0a59628f840d.jpg

Dad and I in front of Bugs Bunny Boomtown

FB_IMG_1476500834024.thumb.jpg.ba5f4ddc6d18343ef56298cf9c097dcd.jpg

Dad and I again

FB_IMG_1476500841200.jpg.dac382b195eb192c570b8f9add0b09c4.jpg

As we were leaving

I happened to have driven by the park this morning and saw the HITP Christmas tree already lit up. Do they leave it up during the day? I didn't notice it Sunday.

I had a pretty decent time at the park last Sunday. Blue Hawk somehow became my first ride of the day. I guess I just needed something to start the day quickly. I was a little pissed that I kept getting assigned the front row on Goliath, being a single rider. On the third time I was able to get the back row and finally was fully able to get my airtime fix on. It might have been my third visit, but I finally rode Monster Mansion. It was pretty cool. Superman in the front is a must-do. From now on, I'll be recommending my friends only bother their time with that ride in the front. And holy god were the ops hauling it on Superman! They were averaging one minute dispatches, even while using the hand lock. Unreal! I didn't know a flyer could even be out of the station that quickly!

Also, riding Mind Bender at night is my favorite coaster experience ever. Yes, even better than Maverick, but barely. First night ride as well.

Funny, I thought about saving Mind Bender until after dark. This visit was my latest stay by far - both times prior I had to leave around before dusk - and I couldn't think of a better way to celebrate my first time at the park in the dark. However, I got bored around 6:00 PM and ended up only riding it then.

GASM left me a little disappointed. I took my second lap on it Sunday after somebody here *we all know who* praised it. The drop after the second turnaround (by the waterpark) surprised me with some very sharp ejector - just what I had been looking for. I sympathize for these classic John Allen rides - and it just wasn't right that I could not recall how I felt about the first time. It's a great it's not Screamin' Eagle. It could just be that I have been whoring Eagle in recent years, but tomorrow I am going back to SFSTL to get a final confirmation on the comparison.

I happened to have driven by the park this morning and saw the HITP Christmas tree already lit up. Do they leave it up during the day? I didn't notice it Sunday.

I had a pretty decent time at the park last Sunday. Blue Hawk somehow became my first ride of the day. I guess I just needed something to start the day quickly. I was a little pissed that I kept getting assigned the front row on Goliath, being a single rider. On the third time I was able to get the back row and finally was fully able to get my airtime fix on. It might have been my third visit, but I finally rode Monster Mansion. It was pretty cool. Superman in the front is a must-do. From now on, I'll be recommending my friends only bother their time with that ride in the front. And holy god were the ops hauling it on Superman! They were averaging one minute dispatches, even while using the hand lock. Unreal! I didn't know a flyer could even be out of the station that quickly!

Funny, I thought about saving Mind Bender until after dark. This visit was my latest stay by far - both times prior I had to leave around before dusk - and I couldn't think of a better way to celebrate my first time at the park in the dark. However, I got bored around 6:00 PM and ended up only riding it then.

GASM left me a little disappointed. I took my second lap on it Sunday after somebody here *we all know who* praised it. The drop after the second turnaround (by the waterpark) surprised me with some very sharp ejector - just what I had been looking for. I sympathize for these classic John Allen rides - and it just wasn't right that I could not recall how I felt about the first time. It's a great it's not Screamin' Eagle. It could just be that I have been whoring Eagle in recent years, but tomorrow I am going back to SFSTL to get a final confirmation on the comparison.

I didn't notice the tree lit up last night but they might during the day.. I didn't even notice the tree at all but it was fairly dark most of the night.. I'll see today

So tonight are the worst operations I have ever seen at a park! It started out great this morning and even Dale Kaetzel was even at the gates greeting people. But tonight food operations are a mess with 90% of the park out of ice (at least six restaurants I went to), and over half the restaurants closed.. just waited in line for my last dining plan snack.. got in line around 8:20 and snacks ended at 8:30.. when we got to the window at 9 they wouldn't honor it.. Also, they where not making pretzels at this stand and that's what we waited in line so long for..

I have Dale's email and I plan on letting him know! If I see him again in the morning, I'll let him know in person how badly the park performed tonight

On a happy note, rides seem to be performing fine.