TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Usually White Water has their announcement with the other Six Flags parks. Curious if they get anything new next year. But as far as SFOG goes, I am very happy with this addition. I haven't ridden a JLBFM yet so I'm glad I'll experience it first at my home park. I know a lot of people wanted a coaster but I am perfectly fine with this addition...And it'll look great next to Superman. Now...if only they would get Superman fully operational, get more shade and paint it. *fingers crossed*

Can you believe this sale they are having now.

-Rest of 2016 + all of 2017

-Parking included

-2017 Whitewater season pass included

-Bonus free ticket for Holiday in the Park

For $52. That's unbelievable, talk about desperation. If I were a park exec I would be scared that huge amounts of lower income people are going to buy season passes then eat at Wendy's right next to the park gates (that's what I do )

-Parking included

For $52. That's unbelievable, talk about desperation. If I were a park exec I would be scared that huge amounts of lower income people are going to buy season passes then eat at Wendy's right next to the park gates (that's what I do )

See parks have a lose lose.. they charge to much people complain..they offer good cheap sale prices and people complain.. I commend six flags for keeping their prices cheap and not increasing them over 30% like Disney..

Six flags will make their money back, there is no doubt about that.. see those capes that are on over half the kids backs at the park im sure those cost the park less than 25 cents a cape lol.. and yes while some will sneak to Wendy's, not as many do as people think.. that Wendy's is usually dead, everything I have been there. The park has thousands of people daily and only 10 - 25 at a time in that Wendy's if that.. the percentage is very very small..

Yes I have done the lunch at Wendy's to lol but I spend a lot on food in the park.. not as much this year bc I was offered a $35 meal plan on one of these "Flash Sale" things haha

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

They offered this exact same deal last year...

I think the marketing behind this is fine - reward those that buy early - then slowly increase the price through summer, 2017.

If they put 1/2 of the effort into Metropolis as they did into Gotham at SFoG, it will look AMAZING. I still think they have the best Gotham area of all the parks

I think the Gothams at all the parks should be the examples for the other "lands". It's clearly the one that sells the most Merch.

I do disagree with SFOG being the best. I don't drink anything can touch SFOT now. Excluding the cloned rides (Harvey and batman)- SFOG has joker (loop), mind bender (coaster) and crime wave (swing) while SFOT has freeze (great coaster), riddler (best pendulum in county), cat woman (whip ride- I don't like it personally), a little batman spinner ride (a la dumbo), and now they just announced Joker (4D coaster). It's an embarrassment of riches down there.

Justice league is fantastic though. I wish SFOT wasn't the first to get it because it has technical problems all the time and I can't help but thing the newer versions have fixed a majority of them.

Yeah I have a membership from the first year they created them for GA and I purchased it right after Christmas that year that cost me (currently) 5.50/month gold with free parking and 4.21/month for a regular for my GF..

Always buy early from Six flags! My memberships where cheaper but they went up a little but not nearly as much as their newer ones lol

Then I had a flash sale in my email Feb or March (I can't remember) about $35 meal plans. It's their basic plan but I get 1 meal and one snack a visit.. again GREAT deal! The meals on the plan tun about $12 normally and the snacks are as much as $6 so it was paid for in one weekend lol. A big funnel cake (counts as a snack) is big enough for a meal! So are cheesy bread snacks lol or a popcorn bag

-Parking included

See parks have a lose lose.. they charge to much people complain..they offer good cheap sale prices and people complain.. I commend six flags for keeping their prices cheap and not increasing them over 30% like Disney..

I'm not complaining, if I lived near there I would definitely buy that season pass obviously its a great value. I'm just stating that kind of price for unlimited visits to a major theme park and includes parking just comes off as extreme desperation to me.

The food deal is smart though, if all the food is high margin (burgers, fries, cokes) and the price of a regular meal is $15 a person they probably sell a lot of those food deals and make a killing. I'm willing to bet a lot of people don't visit enough to redeem the full value of it as well.

If they put 1/2 of the effort into Metropolis as they did into Gotham at SFoG, it will look AMAZING. I still think they have the best Gotham area of all the parks

I used to think they had the best Gotham City, but ever since they added the Larson Loop and Spinsanity,it's gotten way to crowded and congested for my liking. There's nothing wrong with the attractions themselves, I just liked it when Gotham City had more room is all.

Now, if they can repaint Scorcher, retrack more of Cyclone, and do a major rehab of Superman, that would be a very good way of making SFOG a lot nicer for its 50th.

Scorcher needs painted, although I like the purple supports, I'm thinking they should go with red or orange ones, since the motto of Scorcher is out your feet to the fire. Goliath and Superman could also use a touch up, although in their cases it's more fading than anything.

We are also doing a Six Flags Themed TPR Bag-O-Crap Twitter give-away! See our Twitter feed for details on how to be entered to win this cool Six Flags stuff including a couple of those giant park "wall maps!" Continue to RT our tweets from later today to be entered for a better chance to win! Winner will be picked later tonight or tomorrow morning.

Click:

[twitter]

[/twitter]

CrSdak1VYAAlB1X.jpg

CrSda3yUAAAVJeQ.jpg

CrSdak3VMAAK2HI.jpg

SFOG is offering the all season flash pass which is good from now to the end of 2017 for only $250. Thats a pretty good deal since its the gold level pass.

Is anyone thinking about doing this? I've never used the Flash Pass system at SFOG since I'm there at least a couple of times a month but the current $250 price point has me seriously considering it.

SFOG is offering the all season flash pass which is good from now to the end of 2017 for only $250. Thats a pretty good deal since its the gold level pass.

Is anyone thinking about doing this? I've never used the Flash Pass system at SFOG since I'm there at least a couple of times a month but the current $250 price point has me seriously considering it.

I'm assuming it's the regular flash pass?? If so, it's not worth it, as it really doesn't cut your wait time down. Now if it was gold or Platnium I would say go for it, but the regular, not so much.

Anyone know what's going on at the park on Sept 18th? I find it weird the water park is open and six flags is on a Sunday but not on Saturday.

Is that a special event or something? I didn't find it on events ha-ha.. I jsut find it weird they are open Sunday and not Sat.

And man I wish they did the flash pass deal for the regular one! Or that the price included two people lol

I think the Gothams at all the parks should be the examples for the other "lands". It's clearly the one that sells the most Merch.

I do disagree with SFOG being the best. I don't drink anything can touch SFOT now. Excluding the cloned rides (Harvey and batman)- SFOG has joker (loop), mind bender (coaster) and crime wave (swing) while SFOT has freeze (great coaster), riddler (best pendulum in county), cat woman (whip ride- I don't like it personally), a little batman spinner ride (a la dumbo), and now they just announced Joker (4D coaster). It's an embarrassment of riches down there.

Justice league is fantastic though. I wish SFOT wasn't the first to get it because it has technical problems all the time and I can't help but thing the newer versions have fixed a majority of them.

Have you been to Gotham at SFOG? It's definitely more immersive than SFOT and honesty Mind Bender is as good as Mr. Freeze and more unique/historic. I have no doubt SFOT has more thrills in their Gotham City but that's about it. Coming from someone who has been to and loves both parks.

Anyone know what's going on at the park on Sept 18th? I find it weird the water park is open and six flags is on a Sunday but not on Saturday.

Is that a special event or something? I didn't find it on events ha-ha.. I jsut find it weird they are open Sunday and not Sat.

And man I wish they did the flash pass deal for the regular one! Or that the price included two people lol

They do a private event for someone that Saturday. I can't remember who. AT&T? I don't remember. It's a big corporate event though I believe and they've done it for many years now.

Got it, my GF was off and wanted to go that weekend but we always go two or three weekends for frightfest so I wasn't really wanting to go that weekend lol.. but we might go up for part of the day Sunday then to catch the last day of the water park.. we where going this weekend but cancelled our plans do to all the rain from the hurricane possibly moving through the area.. we went last year during all that rain (from another hurricane I believe) and six flags kept closing early so didn't want to waste a weekend this weekend lol

Might be ATT or Cricket.. I know they have big offices there in ATL

I can't remember when does the park shut down Thunder River?? I usually wait after the summer, to make my annual fright fest trips and it's always shut down by then, but I'm going this Saturday, I know the water park closes on the 18th for the season, so will Thunder River shut down then?? It's supposed to be 90 this Saturday so I'm praying to Jesusbuddahalah that it's open.