TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Hey y'all, long time lurker, first time poster...

I went to the park today (6/19) around 6:30 pm and it was SLAMMED. Never seen it so crowded. Lot was full and saw cars parked in the grass. The tollbooth lady said they were expected 30K+. I turned around and drove home.

Have a few quick questions please:

Was this due to bring a friend day and being fathers day?

Is there a app or something to check crowds? When I went to Magic Mountain last year I remember seeing the ride waits on the SF app but don't see them for SFOG. I live about 50 minutes away so it would be helpful to check before heading out.

My usual strategy is to go Sunday mornings and get there at open. Crowds are low until ~1:00ish. Is this the best time or are weekday mornings better?

Rode Blue Hawk last weekend and was really happy with the referb. My 9 year old is only 52" tall so this is now his "big" ride of choice. I may be explaining this the wrong way but it seems that once the train goes over center (at the top and starting back down) in a inversion the train accelerates a lot faster then the old Ninja trains. I was in the second row and felt it, I'm guessing its even better in the back. Has anyone else noticed this or is it in my head?

Bring a Friend Free day always causes this since approx. half the crowds on any given day are season passholders.

Sunday mornings are great but weekdays can be really light on crowds, especially first thing in the morning and then in the late afternoon and evenings after school groups leave.

The Six Flags app only lets you see wait times while in the park. I use coasterqueue.com to follow what the app reports. They pull their info straight from the park app.

If you didn't like the crowds on bring a friend free day, you should avoid military appreciation weekend. Basically anyone who or was ever affiliated with the military in any way get in free and can bring up to three other people free as well. Last year it took me an hour and 20 minutes to get chicken fingers. That's how crowded it was...

Sounds like a coaster to me did any of the other parks that got justice league rides use this type of language in their teasers? When I see something big is coming I don't think of a ride in a box maybe that's just me

Six Flags entire ad campaign is based around the word "Big".

At first I chuckled but after thinking for a few seconds I realized this is entirely true.

It totally is, I wasn't being funny. Go BIG! Go Six Flags!

And I'm just gonna put this here to fan the flames - but what if SFOG is getting the larger S&S freespin model that GreatAdv was rumored to get? Hmmmmm...

I could see SFOG getting the bigger model, now that the concept has proven to be successful and a hit with the GP. I wonder what the cost difference would be between the two models. SFFT's Batman was $7 million?? So a few hundred more feet of track and higher supports wouldn't cost that much more?

Hey y'all, long time lurker, first time poster...

I went to the park today (6/19) around 6:30 pm and it was SLAMMED. Never seen it so crowded. Lot was full and saw cars parked in the grass. The tollbooth lady said they were expected 30K+. I turned around and drove home.

Have a few quick questions please:

Was this due to bring a friend day and being fathers day?

Is there a app or something to check crowds? When I went to Magic Mountain last year I remember seeing the ride waits on the SF app but don't see them for SFOG. I live about 50 minutes away so it would be helpful to check before heading out.

My usual strategy is to go Sunday mornings and get there at open. Crowds are low until ~1:00ish. Is this the best time or are weekday mornings better?

Rode Blue Hawk last weekend and was really happy with the referb. My 9 year old is only 52" tall so this is now his "big" ride of choice. I may be explaining this the wrong way but it seems that once the train goes over center (at the top and starting back down) in a inversion the train accelerates a lot faster then the old Ninja trains. I was in the second row and felt it, I'm guessing its even better in the back. Has anyone else noticed this or is it in my head?

Bring a Friend Free day always causes this since approx. half the crowds on any given day are season passholders.

Sunday mornings are great but weekdays can be really light on crowds, especially first thing in the morning and then in the late afternoon and evenings after school groups leave.

The Six Flags app only lets you see wait times while in the park. I use coasterqueue.com to follow what the app reports. They pull their info straight from the park app.

If you didn't like the crowds on bring a friend free day, you should avoid military appreciation weekend. Basically anyone who or was ever affiliated with the military in any way get in free and can bring up to three other people free as well. Last year it took me an hour and 20 minutes to get chicken fingers. That's how crowded it was...

Thanks coasterqueue.com is awesome, straight to favorites!

Sounds like a coaster to me did any of the other parks that got justice league rides use this type of language in their teasers? When I see something big is coming I don't think of a ride in a box maybe that's just me

Six Flags entire ad campaign is based around the word "Big".

At first I chuckled but after thinking for a few seconds I realized this is entirely true.

It totally is, I wasn't being funny. Go BIG! Go Six Flags!

And I'm just gonna put this here to fan the flames - but what if SFOG is getting the larger S&S freespin model that GreatAdv was rumored to get? Hmmmmm...

I don't see why they would put it in Over Georgia, but not in Great Adventure. That just seems a bit backwards to me. But, this is Six Flags we are talking about.

They are contractually obligated to invest money into SFOG and SFOT. SFGAdv, not so much.

How so? Curious.

This information is available on their earning releases on their investor website. it is actually listed as a risk for investors. Those two parks are "partner parks" and have a contract that stipulates they invest 6% of revenue into capital, over a set period. It does not say what the set period is.

http://investors.sixflags.com/financial-information/annual-reports

Edited by Six Flags Haiti

This information is available on their earning releases on their investor website. Those two parks are "partner parks" and have a contract that stipulates they invest 6% of revenue into capital, over a set period. It does not say what the set period is.

Oh, that's interesting, I never knew that. Thanks for the info!

Hey guys, I'm headed out to Over Georgia for the first time in a couple weeks and I'd like to know a few things from the locals or frequent visitors. Just things like Rides that someone focused on coasters may overlook or good places to eat, the hidden gems of the park so to speak. It's worth noting that I am getting a Platinum Flash Pass.

Thanks,

Kite.

For non coasters, Monster Mansion and Acrophobia are must rides as well as Thunder River if you're into water rides. If you love old classic rides, the carousel is also a great attraction. I'll say it before coasterbill, ride the sky ride to avoid walking the hilly terrain as much as possible.

For non coasters, Monster Mansion and Acrophobia are must rides as well as Thunder River if you're into water rides. If you love old classic rides, the carousel is also a great attraction. I'll say it before coasterbill, ride the sky ride to avoid walking the hilly terrain as much as possible.

The terrain when entering the Gotham City is especially hilly.

Edited by liamre4

SFOG and SFOT are also independently owned, although they are operated by Six Flags Co. they are not owned by them.

...So you mean they aren't 100% Six Flags parks?

Nope. They're just managed by the company. Six Flags itself only owns about a third of SFOG, I believe.

SFOG and SFOT are also independently owned, although they are operated by Six Flags Co. they are not owned by them.

...So you mean they aren't 100% Six Flags parks?

Nope. They're just managed by the company. Six Flags itself only owns about a third of SFOG, I believe.

Oh.....So THAT'S why the park's areas are themed to countries.

The rafts have been getting stuck on thunder river a lot this year.. few weeks ago maintenance was just pushing them onto the belt lol. They where getting stuck in both sides

And the metal object wasn't a bolt from the car.. probably a coin in someone elses pocket.. Goliath will suck things right out of pockets.. I have seen phones fly out

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Took another lap today.

Based on where the tree-removal and dirt-moving is happening, it looks more and more like a S&S 4D Freespin. I checked the corresponding plot size with SFGAdv, and it's about the same.

Looks to me like it will run parallel-ish to the train tracks there, perpendicular-ish to the Superman lift hill.

I'm not convinced yet... just an idea based on what we know and see right now.

The 200' height limit is really a bummer. 50th Anniversary should be the year for a big, BIG addition. FreeSpin is cool, and all, but ya know...

Either way, though, the park is solid. Lot of different ride experiences, and the best year for employees in a LONG time, I can tell ya that. Been a good season so far. Attendance at both SFoG and SFWW have been solid. They gotta be makin a KILLIN in concessions and stuff.

Took another lap today.

Based on where the tree-removal and dirt-moving is happening, it looks more and more like a S&S 4D Freespin. I checked the corresponding plot size with SFGAdv, and it's about the same.

Looks to me like it will run parallel-ish to the train tracks there, perpendicular-ish to the Superman lift hill.

The 200' height limit is really a bummer. 50th Anniversary should be the year for a big, BIG addition. FreeSpin is cool, and all, but ya know...

Either way, though, the park is solid. Lot of different ride experiences, and the best year for employees in a LONG time, I can tell ya that. Been a good season so far. Attendance at both SFoG and SFWW have been solid. They gotta be makin a KILLIN in concessions and stuff.

While I do agree that it would be cool for SFOG to finally break something over 200ft in the coaster department, height isn't everything. I mean look at Maverick, at Cedar Point standards it's one of the shortest coasters in the park, but most people rank it as Top 2 in the park.

Took another lap today.

While I do agree that it would be cool for SFOG to finally break something over 200ft in the coaster department, height isn't everything. I mean look at Maverick, at Cedar Point standards it's one of the shortest coasters in the park, but most people rank it as Top 2 in the park.

I couldn't agree more with this. A killer RMC like Wildfire would be better than a one-trick-pony.

Doesn't look like that's what we're dealing with, though. :-/