TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Six flags over georgia is an hour and a half, and Carowinds is 3 hours from me.

Guess which one I frequent?

Place needs something big

I haven't been to Carowinds since 2012, so I've yet to ride Fury 325, so without taking that into account I think SFOG blows Carowinds out of the water. Goliath, Batman and Scorcher are 10x better rides than Intimidator, Vortex and Afterburn, you have the chains only eurofighter, while a capacity nightmare is a great ride, Mindbender also beats out anything at Carowinds, then you have unique stuff like Monster Mansion which is just fun, also while Windseekers are taller than Skyscreamers, they are also 10x more boring and mundane.

Yeah go ride fury then get back to me

I'm sure Fury is a great ride, but I really don't think one ride can make up for a lackluster lineup, which Carowinds has. IMO the second best ride at Carowinds was Thunder Road, that's how lacking their line up was.

I'm sure Fury is a great ride' date=' but I really don't think one ride can make up for a lackluster lineup, which Carowinds has. .[/quote']

Actually it does. It really makes the park that much more enjoyable. With Carowinds, Fury 325 has reintroduced a lot of people back to the park and they now have a more favaroble view of it. Also, with the addition of Carolina Harbor this year, its like a 1-2 punch. ALSO, with the addition the 5 new flats next year . . . Carowinds will be launched into an even more favorable catagory. I like both parks but I feel right now, Carowinds has more charm and seems to be gravitating towards its roots while SFoG has more value and seems to not care about much else.

I would love to see more done with the original six flags that ruled over the area vs just plopping a DC ride/section here and there.

IMO the second best ride at Carowinds was Thunder Road, that's how lacking their line up was.

And this is a first for me, as I felt more people enjoyed top . . . afterburn a lot more than many coasters in the park.

Thunder Road was an incredibly mediocre coaster. Fury and Afterburn are by far the best coasters in the park. Intimidator is a great supporting ride and I'm one of the few that enjoy Nighthawk, Vortex Cobra and the others too. Fury really rounded out that park nicely and the flat ride package coming next year will help make it even better.

I'm sure Fury is a great ride' date=' but I really don't think one ride can make up for a lackluster lineup, which Carowinds has. .[/quote']

Actually it does. It really makes the park that much more enjoyable. With Carowinds, Fury 325 has reintroduced a lot of people back to the park and they now have a more favaroble view of it. Also, with the addition of Carolina Harbor this year, its like a 1-2 punch. ALSO, with the addition the 5 new flats next year . . . Carowinds will be launched into an even more favorable catagory. I like both parks but I feel right now, Carowinds has more charm and seems to be gravitating towards its roots while SFoG has more value and seems to not care about much else.

I would love to see more done with the original six flags that ruled over the area vs just plopping a DC ride/section here and there.

I'm not big on water parks so Carolina Harbor won't change my view at all. And Afterburn was my favorite ride at Carowinds during my two visits, but it's no BTR and I walked away thinking that even thought it was a decent coaster, if was severely overhyped, and Intrimitador is a complete bore after the firs drop, Carolina Cobra was decent for a boomerang but that's not saying much, CA Cyclone is the most painful and my least favorite coaster in my count, Vortex was just boring, Nighthawk had a great setting, but I'm not a fan of flying coasters in general, and at least the B&M flyers have the pretzel loop to keep it interesting. Also, I'm glad they're getting a new flats collection but that still doesn't change the fact that they have a weak coaster lineup outside of Fury. Again, this is all my opinion, and I'm looking forward to riding Fury one day, but I'm not holding my breath for the rest of the park, it had it's few times to impress me and failed.

Also, I think SFOG has done more than plop a dc ride area here and their. Their new kids area seems like it'll be a big hit, and I'm anxious to see what they're going to do with the removal of the Bumepr Cars.

^ If its a coaster it will very likely be an S&S Free spin. I would be very surprised if its another type of coaster judging from SF the last few seasons. Possibly a ground up RMC woodie, and most likely would be a Goliath clone. I just have a hard time thinking outside the box when it comes to SF new additions.

Didn't someone say there were markings near carosel hill?

Anyways, pretty excited about this. Kinda sucks that we are losing another classic ride but it's replacement should be worthy. I'm hoping we get a flat ride package eventually after this year. Even with the addition of skyscreamer and jokers chaos the park doesn't have too many flats.

But as far as the new ride goes, i think it will be justice league. I'm pretty sure that area where the bumper cars was is not in the area that gets flooded sometimes. If they were to get a new dark ride, this is the ideal place because the occasional flood wouldn't ruin the ride. If they were to get a coaster, it makes more sense to put it where Thomas town/ whistle stop park is because there's more room over there and that area needs some sprucing up. That's just my train of thought though I could be wrong. Either way I'm excited for the new addition.

Hey y'all, long time lurker, first time poster...

I went to the park today (6/19) around 6:30 pm and it was SLAMMED. Never seen it so crowded. Lot was full and saw cars parked in the grass. The tollbooth lady said they were expected 30K+. I turned around and drove home.

Have a few quick questions please:

Was this due to bring a friend day and being fathers day?

Is there a app or something to check crowds? When I went to Magic Mountain last year I remember seeing the ride waits on the SF app but don't see them for SFOG. I live about 50 minutes away so it would be helpful to check before heading out.

My usual strategy is to go Sunday mornings and get there at open. Crowds are low until ~1:00ish. Is this the best time or are weekday mornings better?

Rode Blue Hawk last weekend and was really happy with the referb. My 9 year old is only 52" tall so this is now his "big" ride of choice. I may be explaining this the wrong way but it seems that once the train goes over center (at the top and starting back down) in a inversion the train accelerates a lot faster then the old Ninja trains. I was in the second row and felt it, I'm guessing its even better in the back. Has anyone else noticed this or is it in my head?

Sounds like a coaster to me did any of the other parks that got justice league rides use this type of language in their teasers? When I see something big is coming I don't think of a ride in a box maybe that's just me

Six Flags entire ad campaign is based around the word "Big".

Hey y'all, long time lurker, first time poster...

I went to the park today (6/19) around 6:30 pm and it was SLAMMED. Never seen it so crowded. Lot was full and saw cars parked in the grass. The tollbooth lady said they were expected 30K+. I turned around and drove home.

Have a few quick questions please:

Was this due to bring a friend day and being fathers day?

Is there a app or something to check crowds? When I went to Magic Mountain last year I remember seeing the ride waits on the SF app but don't see them for SFOG. I live about 50 minutes away so it would be helpful to check before heading out.

My usual strategy is to go Sunday mornings and get there at open. Crowds are low until ~1:00ish. Is this the best time or are weekday mornings better?

Rode Blue Hawk last weekend and was really happy with the referb. My 9 year old is only 52" tall so this is now his "big" ride of choice. I may be explaining this the wrong way but it seems that once the train goes over center (at the top and starting back down) in a inversion the train accelerates a lot faster then the old Ninja trains. I was in the second row and felt it, I'm guessing its even better in the back. Has anyone else noticed this or is it in my head?

I was also there yesterday. I got there at opening and the park was basically dead. Walked onto GC, Acrophobia, GASM, and Blue hawk, then after that the park was SLAMMED. I have also never seen it THAT bad. Me and the misses just decided to leave since we only live 45 minutes away. Also I agree with you on Blue Hawk, it feels a LOT faster than Ninja. I have only ever ridden either in the very back seat, so I can't compare it to other seats, but it felt way faster than I remember Ninja being last winter. A much more thrilling and worth ride.

Sounds like a coaster to me did any of the other parks that got justice league rides use this type of language in their teasers? When I see something big is coming I don't think of a ride in a box maybe that's just me

At first I chuckled but after thinking for a few seconds I realized this is entirely true.

At first I chuckled but after thinking for a few seconds I realized this is entirely true.

It totally is, I wasn't being funny. Go BIG! Go Six Flags!

And I'm just gonna put this here to fan the flames - but what if SFOG is getting the larger S&S freespin model that GreatAdv was rumored to get? Hmmmmm...