TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Thanks for the reviews everyone! Can't wait to try it out whenever I decide to head over to the park.

It's too bad the two biggest jerking moments on the ride are still there. Luckily with the new restraints it isn't a huge issue. I have a feeling they didn't do much reprofiling to either of those portions of the track. I do know they did extensive work to the third inversion so it doesn't surprise me that it is smooth. That one used to be possibly the roughest part of the ride.

I've always loved Ninja and would marathon it all the time without a problem but this should only increase the enjoyment of the ride!

I'm pretty sure all they did was throw a new paint job on it. No part of the ride was reprofiled?

Vekoma came in an did track work. They didn't re profile but they did repairs where it was needed.

I was at the park when Vekoma was working on the third inversion and it appeared they were doing welding and changing the shape of the track rails and possibly raising or lowering the rails in relation to the track spine. The areas they worked on were raw steel. They didn't actually move the track spine or supports of course and the layout is exactly the same as before but the work on the rails and whatever you call the part that connects the rails to the spine was noticeable. It sounds like it helped a lot!

Here we go guys! SFOG just uploaded mounted POV and Reverse POV videos of Blue Hawk to their youtube page! It's nice to finally see an official mounted POV of this coaster as I don't think I've ever come across one before. Enjoy!

Would be great to see these trains installed on many of the old Arrow/Vekoma coasters, they really are great! My experience with these trains on the boomerang at Walibi Holland was really positive!

I got the chance to ride it yesterday, and I am in the minority saying that I miss the old vekoma/arrow restraints. They might not be comfortable, but at least they would allow a big guy to ride without issues. I have never had to have an attendant help me get into the old arrow/vekoma restraints, I did yesterday.

Here we go guys! SFOG just uploaded mounted POV and Reverse POV videos of Blue Hawk to their youtube page! It's nice to finally see an official mounted POV of this coaster as I don't think I've ever come across one before. Enjoy!

Cool video. +1 for cheesy corny stock rock music.

A-G-D-A FTW.

I got the chance to ride it yesterday, and I am in the minority saying that I miss the old vekoma/arrow restraints. They might not be comfortable, but at least they would allow a big guy to ride without issues. I have never had to have an attendant help me get into the old arrow/vekoma restraints, I did yesterday.

I just don't understand this. So because you are bigger, they should switch back to the old restraints and trains that were infamously bad? Just hit the gym!

I just don't understand this. So because you are bigger, they should switch back to the old restraints and trains that were infamously bad? Just hit the gym!

I wish it was as easy as just hitting the gym, I have been working on losing weight, and I'm down 50lbs, still a ways to go, but I'm on my way.

It was rides like Tennessee Tornado and other rides I could get on that started my weight loss journey, rides with the older style restraints. I wasn't saying they should switch back, I was just sharing how I felt about the new restraints, and how they felt to a larger rider. Why is my opinion less valuable than anyone elses?

I am planning on taking the family to White Water on Monday and SFoG Tuesday. Is it usually crowded on them days?

SFOG shouldn't be too crowded. It's still early in the season and the lines were short last week. SFWW can be pretty crowded any day during the summer. I would recommend going to Runaway River and Tornado first unless you really wanna go on the new mat racer.

I was able to try the new restraints on Blue Hawk yesterday.

I think this totally takes the ride from being a "might as well skip" to a top 4-5 at the park. It is still the same coaster - and it does jolt a bit in the same spots - but the flexible vests on the new trains allow you to enjoy the rather unique/intense layout without the worry about knocking your head against the headrest.

I rode in the last row and was really happy with the ride I had.

So the options here are

Six Flags Railroad: We all know this isn't going anywhere

Hanson Cars: Maybe

Sky Bucket: I'll lose my sh*t. Seriously....

Log Jamboree: See above

The Riverview Carousel: We all know this isn't going anywhere

Dodge City Bumper Cars: Nobody would care

Thunder River" Doubt it

Dahlonega Mine Train: Plausible I guess

Mini Mine Train: Nobody would care

Great American Scream Machine: RMC?

Mind Bender or Monster Mansion... I'm pretty sure enthusiasts would burn the place to the ground.

Of Note:

-They said "for something coming in 2017". Removing Sky buckets wouldn't make any room at all and would be purely a B.S. cost cutting measure. I would also think this is a tremendously popular Holiday in the Park ride.

- Removing Hanson cars wouldn't free up much room anyway and if they clear that land it would ruin one of the nicest parts of the park.

- Removing a Log Flume in Georgia would be bull*** and it's in an awkward spot so it may not free up much room

- Removing Mine Train would free up a huge plot of land and they just upgraded their family offerings anyway.

- Removing Thunder River would free up a ton of room but it's Georgia so removing water rides would be evil. Plus Six Flags never seems to remove rapids rides.

Edited by coasterbill

Ahhhhh let the speculation begin.

But seriously.... as long as it's not the flume or mindbender I'll be happy although shutting down GASM for an RMC conversion would kinda disappoint me because I've never ridden it but I am making my first ever trip to the park later in the summer.

Edited by bluestreak

I mean, let's put the pitchforks down for a minute.

I grew up in mindbender and have been loving it for our over 20 years, but every coaster has a shelf life. AND if they were to put some new terrain bad ass coaster in its place I wouldn't be upset.

Of course; I still miss viper, but I'm only bitter because they replaced it with the worst coaster at the park (superman)