TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

^I think many people agree that this entire concept would've made more sense.

VR definitely is fun on DDD but the capacity is just too awful. They need to stop.

Honestly all VR could stop and I would be ok with it. It's fun, but its going to be so lame at SFNE when I visit and want to re-ride Superman frequently. I'm so glad Over Georgia didn't put it on Goliath or Mind Bender.

Two weekends ago they where having a lot of issues with Thunder River.. The rafts where jamming up and not pulling into the station.. it was like this for several hours, wonder if that was happening again

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Did we really need a second coaster with a fighter jet theme?

Anyways, I was at the park Sunday and the ride looks good but hopefully they do at least a decent half A$$ job with theme because as of right now, the Ninja statues were better than anything I anticipate going in their place.

Still can't wait to ride whenever I head back to the park.

Blue hawk statues?

Or maybe they'll just paint the Ninja statues blue.

#BlueNinja

Are there any other coasters in the US besides Carolina Cobra that have the new Vekoma trains that Blue Ninja got?

Edited by Brent York

Did anyone here attend the grand opening of Ninja (sorry I just can't use the new name) today at noon?

I wish I was there but being an adult and having to work ruins everything. I am curious how it is riding.

We just got off Blue Hawk a few minutes ago. It's definitely a MUCH better ride now. The new Vekoma trains with the vest restraints were pretty comfortable. There's still some shakiness here and there, but it's nothing to worry about. I'm sure others will have different opinions, but I find it a more enjoyable ride now.

Well, for those of you interested in seeing a full POV, full Reverse POV, and general B-Roll footage of Blue Hawk, here's a link I managed to come across just now that has all of that! Just note the the POV videos are in '.wmv' format.

https://sixflags.app.box.com/v/BlueHawkOpen/1/8312804309

Overall it looks like a VAST improvement! Obviously a few of the bumps and jerks are still there, but it looks like a way more enjoyable experience now.

Thanks for sharing.. looks like a much better ride now! Still looks jerky here and there but nothing like it was! No neck banging against the old restraints! Looking forward to riding it personally

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Had my first experience on Blue Hawk (aka Ninja).

First thing you will notice is the nice blue paint job. Grey supports are fine, but the blue shows up great. The Ninja statues are gone and probably dumped in the boneyard. Paint job on the stations was grey, red, white and blue.

The noon opening was for Military troops and their families. I went over to Scream Machine and noticed the line was open about 12:45. The line took about 15 minutes. They were running 1 train like most of the park today. Crowds overall were not bad.

The noise is very minimal. The new wheels to track friction did not create much noise at all. They were placing us in specific rows. I was in Row 9 (14 rows total). They will make everyone take off their glasses including ones with retainer cords. Funny statement on the safety board is for ear jewelry to be removed. That would of been a great rule for Ninja.

The lift hill was still pretty slow like the old one. There is some shaking on the first 2 loops. No head banging, just a shake and jerk. Not awful at all. The 3rd loops was very smooth. Corkscrew was great and ride ended up being 100 times better than the old Vekoma and Arrow trains.

Will ride it every visit now. I am curious if Blue Hawk will get the virtual headsets in the future (2017?).

I just got back from the park a few hours ago. I REALLY like Blue Hawk. I'm going to make it a new ride that I consistently go on each visit. It's lightyears better. No headbanging at all thanks to the new restraints. The seats are deep and comfortable. I only felt 2 note wortht jerks the whole ride. One exciting the second inversion and one exiting the second corkscrew. Other than that there were no moments of oh goodness that was a jolt. Vekoma did this ride proud with the refirb. Blue Hawk is good to go guys. Just my opinion though.

image.thumb.jpeg.94c56a1e67f07cc52505c24093e059c3.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.a5c316389d6e1973251aac8892fb9e8f.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.4c08df6240794785a457482da8b4de51.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.f293f50cc15c60efc95c86213cbdab3d.jpeg

They will make everyone take off their glasses including ones with retainer cords.

Why do you think they added that rule? I've ridden coasters all over the country with my prescription glasses and never had an issue, but on this ride I had to ride blind.

They will make everyone take off their glasses including ones with retainer cords.

Why do you think they added that rule? I've ridden coasters all over the country with my prescription glasses and never had an issue, but on this ride I had to ride blind.

Funny, they handed my prescription glasses BACK to me when I was locked in on Superman

The noise is very minimal. The new wheels to track friction did not create much noise at all. They were placing us in specific rows. I was in Row 9 (14 rows total). They will make everyone take off their glasses including ones with retainer cords. Funny statement on the safety board is for ear jewelry to be removed. That would of been a great rule for Ninja.

If I'm not mistaken, the ear jewelry warning has been in the station for a LONG time - I remember getting off the ride bleeding behind my ear where the head bash was such that it jammed my earring back into my head.

Funny, they handed my prescription glasses BACK to me when I was locked in on Superman

But no glasses on our vekoma!