TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Lame, I'm going to be there this weekend hopefully but that's cool!!! I usually visit several times during the summer and definitely Fright Fest if not

Looking forward to see if blue hawk rides better now lol

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

adding some of the garbage that other Six Flags parks have been seeing lately.

RMC's, S&S free spins, star flyers, giant frisbees, JL dark rides, next-gen Enterprises, etc are garbage?

I've heard that S&S Free Spins are worse/more intense than Green Lantern at SFMM, So I would consider it Garbage

Overall, I'm shocked that Six Flags is improving 2 of their bad coasters in 1 year. SFMM's Revolution and SFOG's Ninja

So wait, you haven't actually ridden a S&S Free Spin but have already formed an opinion that they are garbage? If anything is a POS it's that shitty Zac Spin. There's a reason no one has built another one since GL.

I was just saying what I've heard. I don't always agree with opinions. I like Mummy more than Gringotts

Well the thing is, they are making an investment into a bad coaster because people don't ride it (it hardly ever has a line), if they don't get it right and make for a better ride they are just flushing that money down the toilet.. yeah it might not works but I'm sure the investment is in hopes of a better ride.. if done correctly I'm sure it can happen..Money is Money! Unless this is just a band aid for a few seasons but I doubt it

I'm curious why everyone thinks new trains will make a better ride, when GASM closed and Ninka received one of its trains, it rode better for like half a season, then it was back to garbage, I say burn it down and put anything in it's place.

It received two trains and to this day runs notably smoother than it did with the Vekoma trains. I've never found it very rough because my height puts me above the shoulder restraints, but there was still a relatively significant difference between the Vekoma trains and the Arrow trains that replaced them. I'm sure with the new restraints and track work the ride will be acceptably smooth, and the layout is really solid too so there is no reason to get rid of it. It's actually one of my favorite coasters but I can understand how the roughness ruins it for some people. Luckily that's being addressed and invested into fairly aggressively.

I'm curious why everyone thinks new trains will make a better ride, when GASM closed and Ninka received one of its trains, it rode better for like half a season, then it was back to garbage, I say burn it down and put anything in it's place.

It received two trains and to this day runs notably smoother than it did with the Vekoma trains. I've never found it very rough because my height puts me above the shoulder restraints, but there was still a relatively significant difference between the Vekoma trains and the Arrow trains that replaced them. I'm sure with the new restraints and track work the ride will be acceptably smooth, and the layout is really solid too so there is no reason to get rid of it. It's actually one of my favorite coasters but I can understand how the roughness ruins it for some people. Luckily that's being addressed and invested into fairly aggressively.

I'm glad some people are more optimistic, I just feel no amount of work will ever make Ninja acceptably smooth. Another thing that bugs me about the whole reprinting thing is Ninja looked fine the way it was, as crappy of a ride as it was, it was visually fine, they should have spent the time and money on repainting Scotcher, Goliath or Superman.

I'm glad some people are more optimistic, I just feel no amount of work will ever make Ninja acceptably smooth. Another thing that bugs me about the whole reprinting thing is Ninja looked fine the way it was, as crappy of a ride as it was, it was visually fine, they should have spent the time and money on repainting Scotcher, Goliath or Superman.

I completely agree with that. I understand the intent is to rebrand it and market it but I think it is backfiring for them. On Facebook, the GP is so distracted by the name and color change that they think that is all the park is doing. It is taking away from the emphasis on the new restraints and track work which is what really matters since that's what people dislike about it. It's also sad to take a decently themed ride, and turn it into something generic while wasting the perfectly good themed aspects and trying to convert the look into something else. Plus a large number of their Facebook fans commenting seem fairly passionate about the name Ninja.

Scorcher needs a paint job so much at the moment. The last repaint was obviously poor paint/work and on a budget because it fell apart after one season. They need the same paint used on X2 at SFMM because that job still looks great years later. Superman too but at least it is just faded as opposed to cracked, pealing, and rusted throughout. I think Goliath looks fine though. Faded a good bit, but it looks fine still.

I completely agree with that. I understand the intent is to rebrand it and market it but I think it is backfiring for them. On Facebook, the GP is so distracted by the name and color change that they think that is all the park is doing. It is taking away from the emphasis on the new restraints and track work which is what really matters since that's what people dislike about it. It's also sad to take a decently themed ride, and turn it into something generic while wasting the perfectly good themed aspects and trying to convert the look into something else. Plus a large number of their Facebook fans commenting seem fairly passionate about the name Ninja.

Scorcher needs a paint job so much at the moment. The last repaint was obviously poor paint/work and on a budget because it fell apart after one season. They need the same paint used on X2 at SFMM because that job still looks great years later. Superman too but at least it is just faded as opposed to cracked, pealing, and rusted throughout. I think Goliath looks fine though. Faded a good bit, but it looks fine still.

SFOG is such a beautiful park, but walking to the front gates and passing by Scorcher might give people that have never visited a negative first impression in regards to upkeep because you're right, it's awful looking, the inversions are caked in grease or oil and the paint is chipped everywhere, and it's sad because if you look at pictures from the past Scorcher is a beautiful looking piece of machinery.

I personally like Ninja and anything that makes it more comfortable is a great thing IMO hopefully it works out and pays off for them..

Yeah a lot of GP might not realize the changes being made but word of mouth helps a lot.. when people say "wow that's much better" others will want to try it out.. I'm excited for it

So, at my Six Flags home park (Six Flags Over Georgia), Ninja will be renamed "Blue Hawk". That sounds so amazing!

Okay, so what are my thoughts on the new paint job and the name? The name is SO FREAKIN' AWESOME! Thank you, general public! The paint job also looks very nice! However, I like Riddler's Revenge's paint job better.

Do you like this change?

Hello.

For all you people who want to share your opinion on Blue Hawk, please go to my thread "What are your thoughts on Blue Hawk?". Otherwise, post here.

1GJN7.gif

Hello.

For all you people who want to share your opinion on Blue Hawk, please go to my thread "What are your thoughts on Blue Hawk?". Otherwise, post here.

1GJN7.gif

That's why this thread exists...you know, to share your thoughts on all things SFOG. I wasn't aware Blue Ninjar SteelHawk 122 was deserving of it's own thread.

Disappointed in the new name and rebranding and loss of perfectly good themeing but excited for the new restraints and track work. I've always loved Ninja and never found it very rough but this should only make it better for those who claim it's so painful.

SFOG is such a beautiful park, but walking to the front gates and passing by Scorcher might give people that have never visited a negative first impression in regards to upkeep because you're right, it's awful looking, the inversions are caked in grease or oil and the paint is chipped everywhere, and it's sad because if you look at pictures from the past Scorcher is a beautiful looking piece of machinery.

Agreed. It used to be gorgeous. When they painted it they also got yellow paint all over the ground and rocks. The rocks are actually more well painted than the ride at this point.

I really can not believe they've chosen "blue hawk". What a stupid name. The name certainly doesn't make or break a ride, but just saying, "hey, let's go ride BLUE HAWK next" makes me feel like an idiot.

We've almost made it to, "Rolly McCoast Face" at this point.

Maybe that's an accomplishment. I don't even know.