TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

I am looking forward to riding the flyers. I love the ones at Carowinds. I just hope they encourage snapping.

The ride op at Carowinds started making remarks about how high I was going, so I got nervous and stopped snapping. I think he was actually okay with it, though, lol.

Most of the flyers I've ridden weren't really snappable. On the one at Holiday World, I could barely even get the seat to move up and down; it just sort of oscillated in place. I'm hoping that's not the case at SFOG.

Oh man I remember last year at KI's Coasterstock event, the new Larson model they got there was a few people who could snap them really good! Especially when the park closed during the night, and it was one of the ERT deals, one dude snapped them like crazy! I tried but didn't do it unfortunately. I'll try again this year!

Going to the park for the first time on Sunday. How do you think the crowds will be and how long do lines usually run for the B&M's?

Sundays are usually pretty good days to visit. If you can try to get to the park 30 minutes before opening they usually open scorcher and cyclone early. I would expect most rides to be 30 min or less all day. Superman will usually have the longest wait of the B&M's. Also go straight to DDD in the morning if you plan on riding it.

Sunday is a Bring A Friend Free day. It will be crowded. If you get there early you should be able to get on most rides with minimal waits the first couple of hours, but it will start to fill up after Noon or so. I went last year on Mother's day and was able to get on Batman, Mindbender, Goliath, Ninja, Great American Scream Machine, Superman, and Dahlonega Mine Train by about 12:30. The lines started picking up then, and as I was only there to try Batman Backwards I left.

Sunday is a Bring A Friend Free day. It will be crowded. If you get there early you should be able to get on most rides with minimal waits the first couple of hours, but it will start to fill up after Noon or so. I went last year on Mother's day and was able to get on Batman, Mindbender, Goliath, Ninja, Great American Scream Machine, Superman, and Dahlonega Mine Train by about 12:30. The lines started picking up then, and as I was only there to try Batman Backwards I left.

O ya i forgot about BAFF day. The park will be packed. I went last year too and rode a few rides and left by one.

Part 1: I visited on Mother's Day. I got to the park around 12:20 and headed for the park. My mom and aunt weren't able to get in with my pass because Magic Mountain was my home park and the coupons wouldn't work for Over Georgia. I got in line for Goliath around 12:20 and got on around 12:40. I rode in the back row and enjoyed by ride! It is now my favorite hyper coaster, despite its noticeable rattle. I got in line for Georgia Scorcher at 12:45 and ended up riding around 1:10. That ride was much more thrilling then I expected. I rode in row six and I wish I would have ridden it in row seven. It was smooth and enjoyable and became my favorite stand up. It was pretty forceful and had nice unexpected quick transitions. I love that on a ride, and it was cool because you were standing. My whole body pretty much lifted off the floor on the drop. I did however get stopped on the lift for some reason for about five minutes. It was cool just sitting on the lift and I finally can say I've been "stuck" on a ride.

Hi all,

My family and I are planning our first visit to the park this summer and we were wondering if there is anything good or bad about the park we need to know. If any locals or regulars to the park could help us out that would be great!

Edited by bluestreak

Hi all,

My family and I are planning our first visit to the park this summer and we were wondering if there is anything good or bad about the park we need to know. If any locals or regulars to the park could help us out thato would be greag!

I've given fairly extensive advice to a few people over the last 20 pages or so if you have time to dig and find them. I am working now but if I get a chance to find them I'd love to help.

Hi all,

My family and I are planning our first visit to the park this summer and we were wondering if there is anything good or bad about the park we need to know. If any locals or regulars to the park could help us out thato would be greag!

I've given fairly extensive advice to a few people over the last 20 pages or so if you have time to dig and find them. I am working now but if I get a chance to find them I'd love to help.

Lol didn't even think to look back at previous pages... If I have any specific questions I'll direct them to you. Thanks!

Hi all,

Oops double post