TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

I'm not opposed to something like this if they put it on rides that don't really have much to offer, like Dare Devil Dive. I'm much more likely to give it a shot in that case.

My thoughts exactly. It looked to work really well on a small coaster like DDD, but I probably wouldn't do it on Superman more than a few times. I'm excited to give it a try, but I'll be selective on which coasters I'll use it on.

So I know I'm probably jumping the gun a bit on this one, but how long until we start seeing 3D virtual reality? If such a thing is possible. On a side note, does anyone know if this will be available during HITP, or should I not risk it and come during the summer.

I'm just concerned at how this will affect the already long wait times in line. Dispatch already takes long especially on the bigger coaster and now we'll have to wait for ride ops to check headsets too. I'm also concerned with people who get motion sickness easily. This just maybe be a messy year for the janitorial staff lol

I'm just concerned at how this will affect the already long wait times in line. Dispatch already takes long especially on the bigger coaster and now we'll have to wait for ride ops to check headsets too. I'm also concerned with people who get motion sickness easily. This just maybe be a messy year for the janitorial staff lol

From what I understand, these will be secured and instructions given before u r able to get in line.

At the park now. Here is an update.

New restaurants are not open yet if anyone cares. Food lines are long and park is very busy.

DDD with VR is NOT WORKING OUT at all honestly. If you know the line, at opening the line was down to the bottom of the ramp before the station and it took 2 and a half hours to get on. The entire queue is full now and is probably a 6 hour line. The ride is averaging 60 people per hour. Dispatches are 6 minutes apart. At the end of the ride it took 15 minutes to get off because it takes that long for the 3 cars in front of you to clear. Many headsets were failing. Mine wasn't working properly. The experience itself is very cool although I wish it had headphone audio to make more fulfilling. Still a surprisingly intense and realistic experience.

This just isn't going to work though. It's seasons passes only this weekend on the ride and the line is easily 6 hours.

^I was just there but my phone died. I'll be heading back over in a few hours and should be able to take pictures. Bugs Bunny Boomtown looks good but the entrance area is just kind of a sea of pavement and they took basically every sign of vegetation out. The rides look great though!

DC Super Friends is just a dirt lot still. No construction.

Joker Funhouse Coaster is still 100% Canyon Blaster for the time being.

Ride TNR:DDD this morning. The ride experience was awesome. Really enhances the ride. However we waited in line starting about halfway down the ramp leading into the station. From that point it would typically be about a 20 minute wait. However it took just under 2 hours to get on the ride. Now we are here waiting for my namesake and have noticed they have put the headsets away. They are no longer operating the ride with the VR today it looks like.

^Ninja looks the same still however they are doing fairly extensive track work to the top of the third inversion. They have done some welding. It looks like they may be slightly altering the track in a way that isn't really visible but may smooth out the jolt in the peak of that inversion. They also may just be reinforcing it and not actually altering it. I'm not sure.

At the park now. Here is an update.

New restaurants are not open yet if anyone cares. Food lines are long and park is very busy.

DDD with VR is NOT WORKING OUT at all honestly. If you know the line, at opening the line was down to the bottom of the ramp before the station and it took 2 and a half hours to get on. The entire queue is full now and is probably a 6 hour line. The ride is averaging 60 people per hour. Dispatches are 6 minutes apart. At the end of the ride it took 15 minutes to get off because it takes that long for the 3 cars in front of you to clear. Many headsets were failing. Mine wasn't working properly. The experience itself is very cool although I wish it had headphone audio to make more fulfilling. Still a surprisingly intense and realistic experience.

This just isn't going to work though. It's seasons passes only this weekend on the ride and the line is easily 6 hours.

Possibly using VR on DDD wasn't the right choice. DDD's capcity is already bad to begin with. Welp, at least it will shorten all the other lines lol

Just got back from the park. I was the 8th person in line for DDD this morning, was on the second train, and didn't get off the ride until 10:45. Agree with the poster above, that the experience was cool, but capacity was a nightmare, and a lot of the sets weren't working properly. I also felt like having audio would also enhance the ride experience. When you crash through the building during the midcourse brake run, there was no sound, so it felt a little empty. Also, riding without being able to see (I've only been on DDD once a few years ago) really whips you around. You really have to brace yourself. I kept alternating between shouting 'Wow!' and emitting heavy grunts. Also, you kind of lose all nuance of the layout, since you can't actually see anything. So, it was neat to try, but you could not pay me to wait in that line again.

It was busy today, and operations were slooooowwww across the board. Really bad. DDD, Batman, and Goliath all experienced slight downtime of 'technical difficulties' while I was in line for them, and I heard others say that they left the lines for Superman and Georgia Scorcher because the rides broke down as well. That was all in the first 2.5 hours of the park being open.

Most of the rides were only running 1 train too. Including Goliath, which I got in line for around 12:20 figuring 'welp, everything else is packed and I don't have anything better to do this afternoon' - I didn't get off the ride until after 4. It was hands down the longest I've ever waited for a ride, and probably twice as long as the next longest time. People around me were threatening mutiny. Just miserable operations.

That being said, I had only been to SFOG once a few years ago, but Goliath was running way better than I remember it. Tons of airtime. Great ride.

^Good lord, 4 hours for Goliath??? I mean it's a great ride, but no way would I wait that long for it.

Did you ever get on GA Cyclone? Any track work done for it? I'm honestly fully expecting Six Flags to announce its closure later this year with the amount of woodies in the chain being converted to RMC recently.

^ I didn't bother with it so I'm not sure. Its line looked pretty full and (I'm pretty sure) it was only running one train.

I'm not the type of person to wait 4 hours for anything, but the Goliath line wasn't even *that* long. I guessed it would be a two hour wait because of the one train ops, but it kept having technical difficulties (along with the appalling operations). And I really had my eyes set on riding a good coaster after the off season. Once you put an hour into something, or two, it's hard to give it up.

Edited by coasterer

Operations were awful and with the ride down times, a few rides not being open, and one train ops, the park was running at what felt like half capacity with a large summer Saturday type crowd. The employees were extremely friendly though.

Dare Devil Dive VR just isn't going to work. Had they not stopped VR at 12:30, the line would've been about 6-8 hours based on my calculations. It's just impossible unless they get many more functioning VR sets and have an employee per rider to adjust their set. The ride experience was crazy though! So good! It just really needs headphones built into the strap that goes around your head. With full audio it would be completely immersive. The VR was still ridiculously awesome though and made the ride very intense!