TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

^Glad you had a great time even with the rain. Yes, the park often closes due to low attendance and blames the weather, when the weather isn't even that bad. That really put a damper on my birthday one year when we went to the park on a Friday in October just to have them close 2 hours after opening.

I was at the park from around 9:30 to closing on Season Passholder Appreciation Night. Sadly couldn't come earlier but it wasn't too busy so I'll take it!

Sunday was really dead!! And they had all trains running on the coasters.. Trains where leaving with two or three riders only haha.. at least until 3:00 they where..

I left at 3:00 (I was there three hours Sunday) and there had to be less than 200 cars in the lot.. I'm surprised they didn't close Sunday an they may have!

I was able to ride superman several times.. They had to lock me in manually so I said "just leave me locked in until someone comes" they did that

I really love how SFOG lets u hop back on if there are open seats. Dollywood is so uncool about that and ALWAYS makes you walk back around.. SFOG has never made me get back in line and has even allowed me to hop in any empty seat on the coaster..

Yeah all their decorations where much bloodier than years pass! The popcorn machine is just the tip of the iceberg ha-ha

^Glad you had a great time even with the rain. Yes, the park often closes due to low attendance and blames the weather, when the weather isn't even that bad. That really put a damper on my birthday one year when we went to the park on a Friday in October just to have them close 2 hours after opening.

I was at the park from around 9:30 to closing on Season Passholder Appreciation Night. Sadly couldn't come earlier but it wasn't too busy so I'll take it!

Sunday was really dead!! And they had all trains running on the coasters.. Trains where leaving with two or three riders only haha.. at least until 3:00 they where..

I left at 3:00 (I was there three hours Sunday) and there had to be less than 200 cars in the lot.. I'm surprised they didn't close Sunday an they may have!

I was able to ride superman several times.. They had to lock me in manually so I said "just leave me locked in until someone comes" they did that

I really love how SFOG lets u hop back on if there are open seats. Dollywood is so uncool about that and ALWAYS makes you walk back around.. SFOG has never made me get back in line and has even allowed me to hop in any empty seat on the coaster..

Yeah all their decorations where much bloodier than years pass! The popcorn machine is just the tip of the iceberg ha-ha

That popcorn machine really is great! When I visited a few scare actors did a great job and I do like that they upped the decorations this year.

Yes, I was just at Dollywood the weekend before last and it was raining so the park was dead, but as always they didn't allow re-rides. They actually tell you to run around and I have been run into and pushed many times due to that. It is extremely unsafe and they would be much better off letting people re-ride in any open seats. Even at their ACE event last year, the train during ERT on Thunderhead was half empty and they were making enthusiasts go around. It just makes no sense. We should start writing to the park about it, maybe it will get through to them.

I do love how SFOG is so cool about it, letting you re-ride anywhere you want, re-enter open rows in the queue, encouraging people at the exit to jump back in, etc. It just makes everyone so happy.

It sounds like Sunday was a great day to go! I wish I was there.

Yes, seeing kids jump back on a train or seeing the ride OPs say "wanna ride again" always brings a smile to anyone's face that is around! It really is good customer Service.. I always enjoy seeing how many times in a row I can ride a coaster, especially at six flags.

• 3 weeks later...

This thread has been terribly slow!

I was at the park last night and it was a lot of fun. Not too crowded. They have special hours for the dining pass and they weren't scanning it or even asking to see the pass, so it was all you can eat free food for us.

They sell hard liquor now. Vodka at a premium price!

The old Kartoon Kandy Kitchen which I believe was now called "U Name It" to the left of the Bugs Bunny World entrance has been removed.

I didn't do the haunt attractions but the normal scare actors were pretty good and the park has most of the HITP lights up. They were testing some of them it seems.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to my first six flags park this November (28th) and it'll be this park. I bought a six flags membership for 12 months that I will be using. I had a few questions about my trip and I'm hoping someone here can help me.

1. I know it will be Holiday in the Park and some coasters do not open. Does anyone know which ones I'll be missing out on?

2. How are the crowds after thanksgiving? Should I allot two days for the park? I'm coming from about 7 hours away so I wanna make sure I get plenty of rides in.

3. Any general tips you guys have for my trip so I can get the most out of my visit?

Thanks for any information given!

^I'll try to provide some insight. I hope you enjoy the park. I was really impressed with Holiday In The Park last year.

The park events page goes into detail about what to expect during HITP so I really suggest you check that out. I spoke with Dale (park president) earlier this year and he claimed the entire park will be open, but so far they have only announced some new additions, and some rides at this time look like they will still be closed.

1. Every ride in the park should be open except for The Great American Scream Machine, Canyon Blaster, Ninja, and Sky Screamer (I may be forgetting a few, and of course water rides will be closed). The rest of the park should be open, including all of Gotham City this year. Superman isn't included in the list of rides operating but it was added to the line up last year so I assume it will be included this year as well. The park claimed last year that they do not run rides under 50 degrees (crazy!) but last year every coaster in the park remained open even when the temperature dropped into the high 30s.

2. Last year the park was open 4pm-10pm until Christmas, and then 2pm-8pm after Christmas. This year it will be 4pm-10pm before Christmas and 2pm-10pm after, so I would suggest going after Christmas. The last weekend of operation after New Years was awesome last year. No lines. Since the park is open until 10pm those days now, that gives plenty of time to enjoy the lights which are impressive. Night rides are great too.

3. If you arrive at opening go straight to Dare Devil Dive. The line almost always exceeds 45 minutes even on slow days. I would also suggest hitting the attractions in Gotham City right after that because they occasionally get long lines and Mindbender often runs one train. Hopefully the park won't be too busy when you go and you won't have to worry about it.

I'm still hoping to make it down to Holiday in the park this year! If I go it'll be the Monday after Christmas (if they are open).. I am heading to Disney for new years on Tuesday.. It would be nice to knock 4 hours out of the Disney drive by going to GA for HITP.. The downside is BC of Disney, I can't afford a trip to GA just for HITP so I hope I can fit it into my Disney trip!

Leave HITP around 10 drive another hour or so towards Disney and then spend the night.. If I do that I would only have about 4 hours to drive on Tuesday morning. I'd love that!

^The hours for HITP are on SFOG's website and I think if you plan it right you will be fine. The days/hours are great this year. Even better than last year. They are doing 10pm closing every day of the event instead of dropping it to 8pm after Christmas. So many good slower days to go to the park in that schedule!

• 2 weeks later...

^I will try to! I have a full trip report from last year but I never posted it

I was thoroughly impressed last year, even after having just been at Dollywood's Smoky Mountain Christmas. I was shocked how well Six Flags pulled the event off. I really had no complaints and was just impressed for the most part. It should just be better this year with almost the entire park open.

Went to holiday in the park last night from 5-10. I was pretty impressed wit all the decorations and the atmosphere was nice. It was packed though, we got there at 5( an hour after it opened) and the lines to get in the park were pretty long. I saw dale kaetzel outside the front entrance gate talking to people, which was cool. Later that night, my friends and I walked to the back of the park only to find that the cotton states area and superman were closed. I was kinda bummed but Im just glad the park stays open this late in the year. I had a great time and hopefully I'll go again before the seasons over. And by the way, I picked up a cinnamon pretzel( gotta love that dining pass) and it was actually really good.

• 5 weeks later...

Went to the Park today. I got to the park at 1:30 and got on Cyclone and Scorcher before rope drop.

In chronological order i did

DDD

BTR(Front row)

MB

Joker

Acro

Goliath

Monster Mansion

Joker

Scorcher (Front row)

I left at 7 and the park was pretty crowded. All rides had 45+ min waits. There was 1 train ops on BTR,MB,Cyclone all day long. Scorcher started with 1 train but they added another one later in the day. Overall it was a good day at the park.

^

I'm surprised it was that crowded. I've seen decently light crowds the days I have gone and would think Tuesday after Christmas would be the ideal day to go!

I'm probably heading there tomorrow night. I am hoping it won't be too busy and people will head out to do other New Year's Eve festivities. I wanted to go Sunday but I will be on a ski trip (which is fine by me!)

• 2 weeks later...
So, could SFOG get another HH expansion for 2017? I'm really hoping so as it still needs quite a bit more.

HH has 3 total expansions that were (Separated every other year) planned for it so 2017 should be the next expansion for it. Was supposed to be 2016 but they opted for the BBBT retheme. I have 3 kids so I'm excited to see it.