TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

I actually think this is a great idea for the park.SFOG already has an amazing line up we have the chain's only eurofighter, one of the most well regarded B&M Stand Up, Ditto for the Hyper, MINDBENDER, Batman, while a clone still hauls ass, A flyer, A beautifully placed out & back, The water park is decent for it being so new, and while I thin we already have a decent kids area, the remodel plus new rides will be a hit I think.

I actually think this is a great idea for the park.SFOG already has an amazing line up we have the chain's only eurofighter, one of the most well regarded B&M Stand Up, Ditto for the Hyper, MINDBENDER, Batman, while a clone still hauls ass, A flyer, A beautifully placed out & back, The water park is decent for it being so new, and while I thin we already have a decent kids area, the remodel plus new rides will be a hit I think.

- Canyon Blaster was already one of the best themed rides in the park, it utilized the Spanish fort for basically what it was, and made a great back entry to Bugs Bunny World (I think the ride could've stayed the same and marked the entrance to Looney Tunes Boomtown perfectly, leaving more room to invest). However, the retheme will give it attention as a "new" coaster.

I'm guessing the Harley Quinn Mirror Maze is going in the building as well, which is probably why they are switching the theme. It is funny they had Fearless Freep's Dare Devil Dive when they build Dare Devil Dive and now they will apparently have The Joker Chaos Coaster and The Joker Funhouse Coaster

- Canyon Blaster was already one of the best themed rides in the park, it utilized the Spanish fort for basically what it was, and made a great back entry to Bugs Bunny World (I think the ride could've stayed the same and marked the entrance to Looney Tunes Boomtown perfectly, leaving more room to invest). However, the retheme will give it attention as a "new" coaster.

I'm guessing the Harley Quinn Mirror Maze is going in the building as well, which is probably why they are switching the theme. It is funny they had Fearless Freep's Dare Devil Dive when they build Dare Devil Dive and now they will apparently have The Joker Chaos Coaster and The Joker Funhouse Coaster

I don't hate the name, but it is kind of funny and I hope they don't beat a dead horse with Joker themed rides throughout the chain (as much as I love the character).

The only reason I'm not totally annoyed by the retheme of Canyon Blaster is because the fun house aspect really adds a lot of potential. Also, I am sure the re-branding will work in the park's favor which is always a good thing. More ROI.

I really like what they are doing with SFOG over the last couple years. Right now this park and SFFT are my 2 favorites in the chain.

I can't wait to get out to Fiesta Texas because I love SFOG and have been slightly disappointed by every other park in the chain I've been to by comparison.

I really like what they are doing with SFOG over the last couple years. Right now this park and SFFT are my 2 favorites in the chain.

I can't wait to get out to Fiesta Texas because I love SFOG and have been slightly disappointed by every other park in the chain I've been to by comparison.

Which other ones have you been to?? I've been to SFMM, SFSTL, SFGAM and I agree, they definitely don't have the charm that Georgia has, although they all do have pretty good collections of coasters.

Which other ones have you been to?? I've been to SFMM, SFSTL, SFGAM and I agree, they definitely don't have the charm that Georgia has, although they all do have pretty good collections of coasters.

I have been to SFStL, SFA, SFGAdv, SFOT, SFDK, and SFKK during its Six Flags days.

I could go into detail about each one, but basically they are all nice parks that just need work in certain areas. I'm just glad SFOG is my home park because it is the only one I wouldn't get bored with (well SFOT and SFGAdv would be decent).

I'm definitely interested in getting to SFMM and SFGAM soon since they are 2 of the biggest parks in the chain.

So, could SFOG get another HH expansion for 2017? I'm really hoping so as it still needs quite a bit more.

Certainly possible. I think most would agree that a HH expansion is needed in the near term future, and it’s always packed when I’m at the park. It will also be the park’s 50th anniversary, so I can only imagine we’ll see a fairly large addition.

I’d love to see a Premier launcher added to the back of the park where Deja Vu used to be. Though I would be surprised if our next coaster isn’t a 4D free spin or RMC rework of Cyclone rather than something from Premier. Either way, with the addition of HH a lot of fresh life has been added to the back half of the park, and it would be nice to have more capacity back there to handle those crowds.

SFOG is one of my fav Six Flags. After living in GA for years and having a pass to SFOG, it's really nice to see this park grow and thrive for the future! Looks like 2016 will be a great year for them. I see a road trip in my future!

Yea, I'm hoping RMC comes in and does some work on Cyclone. I actually enjoy Cyclone now, but only in the magic row. But if RMC was to come in, I'm pretty confident they can turn it into a top 10 coaster for the first time!

FIXED

I love Cyclone! The ejector air is amazing and it really is an intense ride. I really hope it doesn't get the RMC reprofile although I would love it if they finished the topper track. The section with topper track is amazing.

I would like to see a custom RMC built or really just any custom coaster. I assume they will use the area where Déjà Vú used to be.

My prediction is that Cyclone will receive an RMC I-Box conversion some time in the future, and a few seasons after that SFOG will get the S&S 4D either where Deja Vu used to be, or as a replacement for The Ninja.

Wasn't Deja Vu's location where they have Whistlestop Park now?

Yes, and correct me if I am wrong but the old Thomas Train has not operated since Thomas Town, there are no other rides there, and the playground is being moved to Looney Tunes Boomtown.

Earlier this year the park president said that area would stay as it is because the park needed more for parents with small children and it was a haven of sorts. With these 2 new kids areas, tons of rides, and moving the playground, there is nothing left at Whistlestop Park and that area is essentially going to be a vacant lot right beside a vacant part of the parking lot, so the expansion possibilities are pretty endless!

Keep in mind that area also floods, so I don't think we will see something like Justice League there.

I hate the line cutters! Luckily if it gets bad they start passing out tickets for rides and I guess check the numbers to make sure you didn't pass anyone lol

Not sure if it actually helps or not bc I have never had anyone check my ticket at the end when I get on the ride, but I guess it might work

Edited by dstephe9

I will be visiting SFOG for the first time ever on Saturday. Any advice for a first time visitor?

I hate to seem lazy (I am busy at work) but I've provided a few lengthy suggestions for first time visitors in this thread before, maybe some 10 pages back. If you can find it, I promise it will help you immensely with making the most out of your day. If you do the park right you can easily double the success and enjoyment of a day at the park!