TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

World’s First DC Super Friends Kids’ Area to Headline Major Park Renovation for 2016 Season

12 Rides and Attractions within Two New Themed Areas at Six Flags Over Georgia

AUSTELL, Ga. — September 3, 2015 — Thrilling family fun is in the works, as Six Flags Over Georgia today announced the all-new DC SUPER FRIENDS themed area and the all-new Bugs Bunny Boomtown for the 2016 season. The two new areas will feature 12 rides and attractions, in what will become the perfect family destination spot within the Thrill Capital of the South.

“These two new sections of the park will offer families hours and hours of fun with attractions mom, dad and the kids can experience together,” said Park President Dale Kaetzel. “This latest expansion continues our multi-year plan to provide thrills for guests of all ages and includes the addition of Hurricane Harbor in 2014, two new devious rides in Gotham City in 2015 and other additions planned for the future.”

The original Dolphin Show area, which has remained at the park since the 1990’s, will be transformed into the epicenter for the all-new DC Super Friends kids’ area and will feature 5 new attractions, including:

· Superman Tower of Power, which releases the dare devil in the bravest of souls throughout this 65-foot tall bouncing thrill ride;

· The Batcopters, an opportunity to help save the City of Gotham by flying high in the sky;

· Wonder Woman Flight School, where pilots can take flight and control their own invisible jet;

· Harley Quinn Mirror Maze, filled with disproportioned mirrors and devious stares; and

· The Joker Funhouse Coaster, the ultimate family thrill ride to show no fear and conquer the Super-Villain through 900 feet of track at 30 miles per hour.

The park’s current children’s area, Bugs Bunny World, will be re-themed to Bugs Bunny Boomtown and feature seven attractions, including:

· Daffy Ducks Bucket Blasters, a wild and crazy family water battle;

· Speedy Gonzales Speed Boats, where guests will be screaming “Andale Andale” on six speed boats;

· Bugs Bunny High Sea Adventure, a chance to fly through the air on a junior sea-worthy quest;

· Yosemite Sam’s Wacky Wagons, an old western spin on a junior ferris wheel perfect for junior cowpokes;

· Looney Tunes Adventure Camp, an interactive playground with Bugs Bunny and all the Looney Tunes characters;

· Acme Trucking Company, a monster truck driving voyage to help Wile E. Coyote try to capture the Road Runner; and

· Tweety’s Tweehouse, a 20-foot up and down journey into the little chirping bird’s nest.

Bugs Bunny Boomtown is scheduled to open for the 2016 season in early spring and the DC Super Friends themed area is scheduled to open Memorial Day weekend.

For more information about upcoming 2016 Six Flags rides and attractions, including a video highlighting the new rides, visit http://www.sixflags.com/2016news.

Six Flags White Water!

It is off to the races to see who is the fastest in the family, as Six Flags White Water adds the new 60-foot tall exhilarating Wahoo Racer water slide. The multi-lane mat racing slide complex is the largest slide of its kind in the world at the South’s Most Thrilling Water Park. Riders will experience the thrill of racing against their friends and family members reaching speeds of up to 40 feet per second on six aero-dynamic designed water toboggans.

2016NewCapital_OneSheet1.thumb.jpg.717ccd67a36234bfa83889c70d1f75c4.jpg

2136331270_SFOG_AerialView_DCSuperFriends_Rendering(WithLegals).thumb.jpg.ae15648cc02d87dc806d775b182533da.jpg

386031537_SFOG_AerialView_DCSuperFriends_Renderings(WithLegals).thumb.jpg.e5195df737b9d701ba218fb3dc451745.jpg

1971783406_SFOG_BugsBunnyBoomtownAerial_Rendering(withLegals).thumb.jpg.5b6d36871104113790cfb947f19bfcf3.jpg

233312488_SFOG_DaffyDuckBucketBlasters_Rendering(WithLegals).thumb.jpg.75a211a15491ed8930da788fbea89290.jpg

562696799_SFOG_SupermanTowerofPower_Rendering(WithLegals).thumb.jpg.bfd1403b75ef0c187635b3a3cea9cb14.jpg

1532708130_SFOG_WonderWomanFlightSchool_Rendering(WithLegals).thumb.jpg.a6a29bba71961c303f569fa51624363a.jpg

Edited by robbalvey

Intense and Snake-Like Mega Water Slide Complex to Debut in 2016

426692217_ScreenShot2015-09-03at06_44_57.png.d05a360fb835b6b465380d147de3b951.png

Pits Six Riders Against Each Other and Stands Nearly 60-Feet Tall at Six Flags White Water

MARIETTA, Ga. — September 3, 2015 — Recently named one of the Top 10 Amusement and Water Parks in the country, Six Flags White Water is off to the races in 2016 with the addition of the all-new Wahoo Racer. The thrilling multi-lane water slide complex will be the largest in the world and add to the park’s impressive line-up of more than 50 slides and attractions at the South’s Most Thrilling Water Park.

“This new massive water slide complex will provide our guests the chance to challenge friends and family members for the ultimate crown of Wahoo Racer champion,” said Six Flags Atlanta Properties Park President Dale Kaetzel. “Our new slide complex continues our commitment of providing Six Flags White Water guests with the best water park in the Southeast.”

The two-tiered mat slider will send racers through an intense, snake-like stretch of multi-colored tubes and then into track-like style sprinting lanes and will feature:

A tower standing nearly 60-feet and easily visible from Interstate 75 where the park is located;

Speeds of up to 40 feet per second; and

Six aero-dynamic designed water toboggans for the ultimate competing thrill.

Six Flags White Water and Wahoo Racer will open for the 2016 season in mid-May. For more information about Wahoo Racer, the recently added 100-foot tall Dive Bomber and other exciting attractions at White Water, visit sixflags.com/whitewater.

- See more at: https://www.sixflags.com/whitewater/attractions/new-2016/news-release#sthash.e2J4nKl7.dpuf

new-2016_sfww_7.thumb.jpg.602685d0efcc814569416fff24053fb2.jpg

^^Thats just... Weird. I just don't get why it's necessary.

If it's legit though it's also really weird. Two new areas? An Aqua Twist played off as a kiddie ride? What's with the drop tower too large for young kids but too small for adults?

Stop complaining.

I think sometimes people like to call out complainers as often as they can.

I'm not complaining. I said it's a strange addition because it is unusual--when was the last time a SF park announced two new kiddie areas with rides like these? I just don't fully understand the reasoning behind it, and I was in no way complaining.

I also believe the reasoning behind it is Dollywood has a lot of family areas and flats.. So does Carowinds.. I'm sure these are SFOG major competitors in the area.. I love six flags over ga for their coasters but have always felt there is nothing for people in between kiddy rides and coasters age..

This should fix that!! Yeah, I to wish they would have gotten more for us thrill seekers but this is really needed for this park

Definitely a great addition that actually makes me want to go back to SFOG again just to try those Flying Eagles and and S&S Tower. Considering that this is another part of the multi year expansion planned, I'm excited to see the expansions continue and hopefully cumulate in a new coaster within the next couple of years.

World’s First DC Super Friends Kids’ Area to Headline Major Park Renovation for 2016 Season

12 Rides and Attractions within Two New Themed Areas at Six Flags Over Georgia

The park’s current children’s area, Bugs Bunny World, will be re-themed to Bugs Bunny Boomtown and feature seven attractions, including:

· Daffy Ducks Bucket Blasters, a wild and crazy family water battle;

sfog_daffyduckbucketblasters_rendering__with_legals_.jpg

For some reason noticed the bald-dude with the No. 14 Pete Rose jersey standing besides his son with blonde cornrows before I noticed Daffy Ducks Bucket Blasters. Is this the same model as the Mack Splash Battle that SFDK got?

Looks like an AWESOME upgrade to Bugs Bunny World! I admit that there's a tiny bit of bittersweet nostalgia for me seeing the original Bugs Bunny World go away as it has been largely unchanged since I was a small kid in the early 90s. However, the amount of family rides being added here is something this park needed so badly!! I'm excited!

Gonna assume it's the same ride that's at SFDK, and let me tell you, that's easily my favorite water ride. 1) You actually get soaked, every single time. 2) Its just plain fun. I can't ride without laughing hysterically the majority of the time

Apparently, they're also going to move Superman next to Cyclone. Teehee

And flatten out the park while adding a lot of trees near Superman. Haha

I thought both of these things while watching the video!

Hopefully that just speaks for the inaccuracies of the video because the whole expansion, while great, looks like a generic Cedar Fair job. Hopefully it's more charming in real life (which it will be with hills, more plants, hopefully variations in fence types, small details, etc.)

While I am sad to see the Spanish section of the park go (I am still a fan of keeping the old while building new as well, and I think SFOG has room for it's original theme and new themes), this expansion overall is more than I would've ever imagined!

Pros:

- Overall a really big expansion with 2 excellent themed areas!

- I like that the rides range from kiddie rides to intermediate rides (That drop tower and those flyers are things I am excited to ride!)

- While Canyon Blaster's new name is silly (considering we just added The Joker Chaos Coaster) and I feel like the original theme was perfect and could've easily marked the entry to Looney Tunes Boomtown, the funhouse theme could be really exciting with the queue, the amount of structure they are working with, and that garage tunnel mid-course of the coaster.

Cons:

- Nothing new in terms of thrills or to make Hurricane Harbor the capacity it really needs to be

- It's sad to see the Spanish theme die

- Canyon Blaster was already one of the best themed rides in the park, it utilized the Spanish fort for basically what it was, and made a great back entry to Bugs Bunny World (I think the ride could've stayed the same and marked the entrance to Looney Tunes Boomtown perfectly, leaving more room to invest). However, the retheme will give it attention as a "new" coaster.

Overall this is a pretty great expansion and a park that had barely any flats and a mostly dated kid's area now has tons of flats and kid's areas expanding from near the front of the park to nearly the back! (if you include Carousel Hill, which I absolutely would!)

SFOG, already probably the nicest park in the chain, has become so much nicer with Hurricane Harbor, by far the best Gotham City, many flats, and now great areas for kids. Hopefully this means a new coaster is on the horizon too, since we are caught up in pretty much every other department.