TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

If they do anything to Monster Mansion this off-season..

I..Will..F*cking...RIOT!

But I feel like the Axis Arena or the Bumper Cars would be a good spot.

Axis Arena PLEASE

I will riot too if they touch Monster Mansion. I am already nervous since they completely removed the MonStore (ride photos, museum and gift shop). I loved that place but it just didn't make money like Jelly Belly (I hate the GP!)

I would like to see the bumper cars stay. Great classic flat ride.

If they did use Axis Arena, our Gotham City, which is already by far the best in the chain, would be even more amazing!

If that is the case I just really don't get Six Flags. The majority of their parks don't have dark rides and of the potential first four installations, they choose two parks (St. Louis and Over Georgia) that do. There are so many other parks that are in need of a dark ride.

I agree, plus I feel like SFOG is due for their next coaster soon and Hurricane Harbor is small. It makes more sense in my mind to focus on those two options first. I'm sure they do their research but that's how I feel based on what knowledge I have and observations I have made.

I usually spend most of the summer in the park. As such I know many of the employees and one person I talk to told me Bugs Bunny world is getting a renovation expansion. He also said they are still planning the Hurricane Harbor expansion. I'm going this weekend so i'll get more details then. To protect his identity, I will not give out his name or position at park. If you've heard different let me heard.

UPDATE: So according to my source since the renovations that were done to monster mansion (formerly monster plantation) were 2.5 million that's safe. but he told me bugs bunny world is being (from January reports) completely demolished and rebuilt to be updated 100% with new rides and the mermaid arena is being torn down as well which since it's beside bunny world means a bigger kids area. He said that was the original plan in January. but isn't sure 100% now. but the arena is def going bye bye.

Edited by CoMeDyDuDe619

Hey everyone!

How are the crowds usually during the day during Fright Fest? I'm driving from Texas to Maryland in October i'd like to stop by the park since I have a season pass with season parking. I do not want to buy a Flash Pass if I do not need to. I'd mainly be going just to ride the coasters. I have heard the operations are terrible in this park.

Thank you

Fright fest, day or night, in my experience is some of the most crowded times of year.. People come for rides during the day and haunted houses at night.. Sunday morning is the only slow time during Fright Fest

Even season pass holder day is very busy! I was surprised when I went on season pass holder day and saw lines just as long as any other day

Operations really aren't bad in this park.. I am there all the time.. They used to be bad but for the past 3 - 4 years, this park has some of the best operations out there!

I mean the rides do get backed up but ride OPs are very friendly and work just about as fast as they can

What slows this park down is when people don't use the tester seats and then end up being to big for a ride or when someone tries to sneak a bag on a ride with mandatory lockers. They then sit there and try to fight the OPs slowing down operations.

I saw a lady try and tie her purse to her leg on Goliath and then fight the ride OPs when they told her she couldn't take it.. Then she started yelling that Disney allows bags and people in line kept saying "Disney coasters are babies compared to this". After all of that she was to big to even ride! The restraints wouldn't come down.. The train timer was at 10 mins meaning it took 10 mins to go!

Fright Fest is always a crazy busy time for the park. From my experience it can easily be as bad or worse than peak summer Saturdays.

Some Friday nights are not as busy, especially if it is chilly. Sunday sometimes isn't too terrible either.

The park operations can be horrendous on some rides but are usually good on most rides. There is always a non-headliner coaster or 2 that have terrible operations. Cyclone and Scorcher come to mind. Overall the operations have vastly improved compared to previous years.

Season Passholder Appreciation Night used to be quiet but last year was ridiculously busy. Years ago when the park did it the first Saturday or November after the park closed for the season it used to be DEAD.

Looking at the new prices for 2016 season passes, I noticed it seems they’ve gone up considerably this year. For example, the regular non-sale price of a 2016 combo gold pass is listed as $184.99. If I’m not mistaken, the same level of 2015 pass was under $150 last year... Similarly, the 2016 single park gold pass is now $134.99 regularly and I believe it was around $115 last year. Unless I’m way off base on my numbers here, those are fairly substantial hikes. Perhaps we’re getting both dry and wet investments this year? Can anyone else recall what last year’s prices were?

The passes are always on special so I wouldn't worry about those prices.. My membership is going up, I received an email about it but the increase is less than $0.25 for both passes together.. That's less than $3/year increase on both passes combined..

Keep in mind, I have had my membership for a while and I have several promotions on it such as free parking (without a gold pass) and some other discount for being a membership founder or something.. But still not much of an increase imo

Could anyone else see a premier rides Skyrocket2 or the Justice League dark ride going where Thomas Town is? That would be awesome. Or maybe an RMC Cyclone?

I can dream....

You have to remember this is a flood area. They would not put a ride like JL in that area. They would have to be careful with a Skyrocket2 in that area too. The electronics would have to be raised or protected

So, it's either going to be JLB4M or a HH expansion for next season. Now that SFGAdv is getting a coaster next year, that just leaves SFOG and SFOT as the only major Six Flags parks to not have received a coaster since 2011. I kinda have to wonder if they're planning on something major for the 50th anniversary in 2017 or just a few shows.

If that is the case I just really don't get Six Flags. The majority of their parks don't have dark rides and of the potential first four installations, they choose two parks (St. Louis and Over Georgia) that do. There are so many other parks that are in need of a dark ride.

JLBFM actually did make sense for SFSTL. Scooby-Doo was at the final stage of its operating life. It was either a major overhaul or a completely new, state of the art ride. Obviously the latter made more sense.

I believe SFOT actually has another dark ride as well, Looney Tunes themed? I could be really wrong though.

This is amazing. One of the best family areas I've seen from Six Flags. Two drop towers, a re-themed family coaster, wagon wheel, aqua twist, flying scooters and more. This looks really fun to be honest, I can see this being a HUGE hit for families with kids >48" .

Edited by JonnyRCT3

^^Thats just... Weird. I just don't get why it's necessary.

If it's legit though it's also really weird. Two new areas? An Aqua Twist played off as a kiddie ride? What's with the drop tower too large for young kids but too small for adults?

Stop complaining.

I think sometimes people like to call out complainers as often as they can.

I'm not complaining. I said it's a strange addition because it is unusual--when was the last time a SF park announced two new kiddie areas with rides like these? I just don't fully understand the reasoning behind it, and I was in no way complaining.