TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

I'm just curious when did SFOG get yellow batman trains?? I thought only Great Amerieca, Adventure and Texas had them??

They may have our trains (SFGAdv) while we've got Namtab in the park.

Maybe they refurbished the trains (OTSRs) while the backwards trains were on the ride earlier this year?

I though the only thing that went from park to park with Mantab was the chaisait (sp) I though each parked used the trains they already had.

I don't recall if the restraints were yellow before or not, I'll have to look at their condition when I'm at the park next week.

In other thoughts, between the RMC hiring details that Screamscape reported on about a month ago and the confirmation that Roar at SFDK is closing this year, it doesn't look like this is going to be our year for any kind of Ibox Cyclone transformation. Kind of a shame, but I'm guessing they'll expand the water park instead for 2016. I'm hoping for that over a JLBFM installation anyway.

Hi everyone,

I am hoping to find out which coasters are most accommodating for plus-size riders. I know I need to lose weight, but I won't let my size stop me from taking my 13yo daughter to enjoy SFOG! I just want to know which ones I might be able to ride with her. My best friend (also plus size) and her daughter are joining us so they can ride together where we are not able to fit, but I'd rather know in advance before embarrassment! I am 5'9'' 50-52-54 sitting, 50-48-54 standing. Many rides say riders might have trouble if over 52" due to overhead restraints. So maybe I will be able to ride on those? Which rides have test seats at the front of the line?

Hi everyone,

I am hoping to find out which coasters are most accommodating for plus-size riders. I know I need to lose weight, but I won't let my size stop me from taking my 13yo daughter to enjoy SFOG! I just want to know which ones I might be able to ride with her. My best friend (also plus size) and her daughter are joining us so they can ride together where we are not able to fit, but I'd rather know in advance before embarrassment! I am 5'9'' 50-52-54 sitting, 50-48-54 standing. Many rides say riders might have trouble if over 52" due to overhead restraints. So maybe I will be able to ride on those? Which rides have test seats at the front of the line?

Hi!

I may not be a huge help in this department because I am fairly skinny, but I visit the park frequently so hopefully I can provide some information.

The only rides that come to mind for me that may be an issue are Dahlonega Mine Train (these restraints are standard across every car and are pretty tight even for "big boned" body types), Canyon Blaster (This has a T bar restraint and it is very tight for any adult in my opinion), Ninja (This is only an issue if you have a tall upper body, I am 6'0 and when I ride I have to scrunch down my lower back a bit because the shoulder restraints hit my shoulders) and maybe Cyclone (The seats are very narrow and the lap bar makes it even more of a squeeze).

You will likely not have any issues on the B&Ms (Goliath, Scorcher, Batman or Superman) and I believe these have test seats anyways. As for the other coasters, none come to mind that are tight fits for people, but it really depends on how each person's weight is distributed.

If anyone can provide more information please jump in!

Sfog posted this on Instagram... Wonder what it means

Does this mean we get a Hurricane Harbor expansion next year with an alien themed slide complex? Or are they hinting at using that area during Fight Fest for an alien themed haunt?

I just hope if we are getting a Hurricane Harbor expansion next year that it will be more than one thing. I would like to see a new slide complex as well as a lazy river at least, if not 2 different kinds of slides/complexes.

^Don't they already have 2 bowl slides though? Out of just 3 different kinds of slides in the park? (not including the body slides from what was previously Skull Island)

I feel like they need to branch out and do something very different from what they already have and very different from what White Water offers. A newer style body slide complex seems realistic. I would love to see a water coaster but I don't think that's the plan.

^ I have no clue. Never been to HH and didn't even go back there on my last (second) visit. It also didn't exist on my first visit...

My thinking was just: Alien = UFO = covered bowl body slide (the ones that drop you into the water below).

^That would be cool and makes sense but they already have a bowl on their 4 person raft slide (it has a bowl followed by a wall) and they have a 2 person raft bowl slide. Sorry I am bad with water slide terminology but hopefully that makes sense.

Regardless, this either means we are getting a HH expansion next year or they are doing some kind of alien related haunt in that area during Fright Fest (which they just announced will be adding 12 scare zones/haunts).

It is a nice water park and you should check it out even if just briefly next time you visit, but I would still be sad to see no addition to the dry park.

Hi everyone,

Ok, so having just been to the park, I wanted to give an update in case others are looking for answers. Georgia Scorcher...lacked about an inch to buckle. My friend carries her weight in her lower body and was able to ride. Dare Devil...felt like the restraint was going to crush my ribs and/or pop up any minute when attendant got the thing locked, so I wimped out. Friend also unable to ride. Neither of us fit in the test seat for Superman, but I wish I had my phone with me to video ourselves as we tried for ten minutes to squeeze ourselves into it while the kids went ahead to enjoy. I had no intention of riding because the flying aspect freaks me out, but friend was bummed she could not fit.

I enjoyed Thunder River, Splash Water Falls, and the Monster Mansion, but no roller coasters unless you count the Mine Train We did not have the time or inclination to test anything else, so I cannot attest to the fit of other coasters, but I would guess I need to lose at least forty pounds before I go back if I plan on them.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going to be heading down to Georgia this week and after finally checking the schedule last week and finding out that SFOG is on weekend only operation now, have had to adjust my plans if I want to finally go to the park. I wanted to know if anyone went this weekend or if they have a good idea on how the crowds will be either Saturday or Sunday. If I go Sunday, it will only be for 4-5 hours or so because I need to get to the airport for a 6 pm flight.

And since this sounds like it will be more than just me going, I think Flash Pass is probably out for this visit. Is it worth trying to get on all of the coasters in 4-5 hours on Sunday or should I try to spend Saturday there instead. I have a Season Pass, but I think everyone else would have to buy tickets.

Crowds are always bad on Saturday.. Due to the area (Bible Belt) Sunday morning however will be dead.. It will remain dead and a lot of rides being a walk-on until about 2 or 3..

At least that's how I see it every time I go! I travel to six flags about once every other month (I live three hours away)

I always head up on Friday, get a room.. Visit park on Saturday (normally I flashpass Saturday). And then i go again on Sunday. Normally on Sunday I have been on all rides multiple times by the time I leave to head back home around 2ish. I purchase no flash pass on Sunday.. One Sunday I rode superman about 10 times and never got off once.. Didn't even change seats..

On a side note, for those who haven't seen, Six Flags has finally released an OFFICIAL Android app (I'm sure iPhone app as well).. Looks like it released a little over a month ago..

So far pretty limited on features BUT it is one of the better designed Theme Park app out there.. One neat feature though, you can load your season pass or membership right into the app and not carry your card.. Works GREAT!! Also it shows what coupons you have left on your pass.. Lastly, it has all parks in one app.. No need to download multiple apps like Cedarfair parks

Hopefully they will add more features like park maps and stuff and wait times (might be hard to do wait times due to the app being for multiple parks) but still a nice app so far

It also has some geeky info that we like here on the forums.. When you click on the rides, it tells who built most of them.. I know GP doesn't care about that but it's neat for us

I completely agree, Sunday is much less busy. I visit the park about 12 times a year (and I used to visit much more than that as much as I hate to admit it!) and Saturday's are almost always slammed but Sunday is always dead for the first few hours and usually isn't very busy the last hour or 2 either.

Word of advise, if you can get to the park early, they usually open the gates 30 minutes early. Georgia Cyclone and Georgia Scorcher are often open during this time. Then at the official park opening time they drop the ropes to the rest of the park.

Even on a Saturday, if they have those 2 operating 30 minutes early, it is possible to snake your way through the park and get every credit as a walk on, even when the park will end up having 2 hour waits later in the day. Honestly since you could spend the whole day there Saturday I was tempted to suggest that, but if the crowds end up being terrible I would really regret suggesting that.

A few more things, ride Dare Devil Dive immediately! It is the only way you will ever get on it. The line is almost always pushing 2 hours, or at least an hour, no matter how dead the park is due to the terrible capacity. Ride in a front or middle row of Great American Scream Machine (middle of the last car has great airtime and isn't rough). Batman and Superman also get long lines frequently. Acrophobia is definitely worth riding if you like drop towers, it is pretty terrifying compared to the normal sit down models. Monster Mansion is a great classic dark ride. Canyon Blaster is a surprisingly fun family coaster. Thunder River is probably the most realistic rapids ride I've experienced. If I think of anything else worthwhile I'll be sure to add to this!

Yeah I forgot to mention, dare devil dive is about the only coaster to get a wait early on Sunday.. Last year I rode it 3 times right when the park opened and then it started backing up very quickly..

So yeah grab it first Sunday then hit the rest.. You shouldn't have any issues

If that is the case I just really don't get Six Flags. The majority of their parks don't have dark rides and of the potential first four installations, they choose two parks (St. Louis and Over Georgia) that do. There are so many other parks that are in need of a dark ride.