TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

I pre-purchased one of the free refill sports bottles. In the past, I have always been able to leave this on the unload platform. In planning this current trip (and of course, after I purchased the non-refundable bottle), I have read that this is specifically prohibited on Goliath, Georgia Scorcher, Georgia Cyclone, and Superman. So, I would need to use one of the ride lockers to hold my bottle during the ride, I think. It's been a few years since I was there, so I am new to these ride lockers. We won't have "non-riders". I tried to email SFOG's customer service to check on this, but all they kept telling me was about $13 and up all day lockers.

Other than the 4 rides listed above, do any other rides prohibit sports bottles in line and left on the unload platform? If so, which ones? For rides where the locker is required, how do the lockers work? Is it $1 per ride? Is there any type of "all-day" ride locker payment (not the big $13 and up lockers)? Do the lockers take credit card?

Thanks.

(also, I now know why I couldn't find any information about this before, because I wasn't searching for "fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo" )

Trying to plan a trip for later this year. Is this calender correct? Does this park really stop daily operation in the beginning of August? :/

https://www.sixflags.com/overgeorgia/plan-your-visit/park-operating-schedule

School down there starts back up mid-August, not early September like it does by us.

Were all of the coasters open for Holiday in the Park last year? Wondering if I should just push it back and go then. Then again airfare for mid-August is not too bad right now.

I pre-purchased one of the free refill sports bottles. In the past, I have always been able to leave this on the unload platform. In planning this current trip (and of course, after I purchased the non-refundable bottle), I have read that this is specifically prohibited on Goliath, Georgia Scorcher, Georgia Cyclone, and Superman. So, I would need to use one of the ride fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo to hold my bottle during the ride, I think. It's been a few years since I was there, so I am new to these ride fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo. We won't have "non-riders". I tried to email SFOG's customer service to check on this, but all they kept telling me was about $13 and up all day fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo.

Other than the 4 rides listed above, do any other rides prohibit sports bottles in line and left on the unload platform? If so, which ones? For rides where the fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo is required, how do the fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo work? Is it $1 per ride? Is there any type of "all-day" ride fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo payment (not the big $13 and up fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo)? Do the fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo take credit card?

Thanks.

(also, I now know why I couldn't find any information about this before, because I wasn't searching for "fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo" )

SFOG prohibits loose articles on the 4 rides you listed but not sport bottles. There are containers on the exit platform that you can put your bottle in for ALL rides.

Were all of the coasters open for Holiday in the Park last year? Wondering if I should just push it back and go then. Then again airfare for mid-August is not too bad right now.

All coasters were open for Holiday in the Park except the Gotham City Coasters and Ninja and Great American Scream Machine. This years HITP is supposed to be bigger then last years so i would expect more coasters to be open.

I pre-purchased one of the free refill sports bottles. In the past, I have always been able to leave this on the unload platform. In planning this current trip (and of course, after I purchased the non-refundable bottle), I have read that this is specifically prohibited on Goliath, Georgia Scorcher, Georgia Cyclone, and Superman. So, I would need to use one of the ride fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo to hold my bottle during the ride, I think. It's been a few years since I was there, so I am new to these ride fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo. We won't have "non-riders". I tried to email SFOG's customer service to check on this, but all they kept telling me was about $13 and up all day fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo.

Other than the 4 rides listed above, do any other rides prohibit sports bottles in line and left on the unload platform? If so, which ones? For rides where the fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo is required, how do the fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo work? Is it $1 per ride? Is there any type of "all-day" ride fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo payment (not the big $13 and up fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo)? Do the fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo take credit card?

Thanks.

SFOG prohibits loose articles on the 4 rides you listed but not sport bottles. There are containers on the exit platform that you can put your bottle in for ALL rides.

Yup this answer is correct.. I always get the bottles.. Now they have a new one that offers free refills all summer long!!

But again, all rides have a place for them without purchasing a locker.. The rides mentioned only have the loose article policy for bags, cameras, and other like items but not bottles

Trying to plan a trip for later this year. Is this calender correct? Does this park really stop daily operation in the beginning of August? :/

https://www.sixflags.com/overgeorgia/plan-your-visit/park-operating-schedule

Unlike a lot of parks, six flags depends on high school students to operate.. I'm sure they would love to be open during the week but as soon as school starts they just can't be.. That's why they stop operations during the week in August and are only open on weekends

Thanks.

Yup this answer is correct.. I always get the bottles.. Now they have a new one that offers free refills all summer long!!

But again, all rides have a place for them without purchasing a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo.. The rides mentioned only have the loose article policy for bags, cameras, and other like items but not bottles

Yeah, that's the bottle I got. It is sounding like the good deal I thought it was now that I won't need to use any "bunnies". We won't have other loose articles (just cargo shorts and the sports bottle).

Thanks coastert and dstephe9.

Seems like Screamscape is thinking we could be in line for another dark ride next year. Any thoughts on that? I was hoping we could have gotten RMC Cyclone or another coaster in general to compete with Fury 325 and Dollywood's RMC.

Any reason why SF has not built anymore Eurofighters or Wing rider coasters?

1. Gerstlauer and SF seem to have a strained relationship since the NTAG incident. I'm sure they'll work together again eventually, though.

2. Wing coasters are typically fairly expensive, and while I like them, RMCs are more marketable, deliver better ride experiences, and are somewhat cheaper. Again, there's no reason SF couldn't purchase another one in the future.

What's the issue? I have contacts but mine are for specific issues. I have the director of merchandizing, ticketing, and a few other emails

I think maybe the Director of Ticketing might work. Here's what happened - my family and I were excited to be visiting the park from St Louis on June the 15th. My fiance's cousin came along with us and paid for a ticket. It was a very hot day so the very first ride we decided to go on was the Log Jamboree. While in line, my 11 year old son suffered heat exhaustion within the first 15 minutes of being in the park and fainted twice (scariest thing I've ever experienced). He was rushed to the first aid building. He was coming off a vacation with his mom (my ex) and apparently was not hydrated sufficiently. We decided not to take any chances with him and decided it be best to get him back to where we were staying. A guest relations person that came to the first aid building promised he'd email comp tickets to my fiance's cousin and she has not received them. I was trying to follow up and see if they could provide those comp tickets they offered. I know usually refunds are not given, but this was an extenuating circumstance and Six Flags personnel offered the comp tickets.

I will say that the staff working the Log Jamboree were awesome as was the security personnel that responded. Guest Relations and Security even provided our group a ride to our vehicles through the back which provided a neat view of Dare Devil Dive.

That sucks about your Son. Im sure that was super Scary.

So the 4th of july is right around the Corner and i should be making me trip to the Park. Any tips that i should know. I will be leaving Hilton Head around 6 or 630 or so. so i can try to get to the park around 10ish. I'm going to get tickets before i go. How will crowed be. I'm willing to get qbot or what ever the line skipping is now, i think im going to go with the middle one if it will even be needed.

That sucks about your Son. Im sure that was super Scary.

So the 4th of july is right around the Corner and i should be making me trip to the Park. Any tips that i should know. I will be leaving Hilton Head around 6 or 630 or so. so i can try to get to the park around 10ish. I'm going to get tickets before i go. How will crowed be. I'm willing to get qbot or what ever the line skipping is now, i think im going to go with the middle one if it will even be needed.

Yeah, it was pretty damn scary. I thought he just slipped the first time so I pulled him up real quick before finding out he had fainted. The second time he fainted, the poor guy started making weird noises (he said he was telling me he didn't feel good, but it wasn't coming out right). I was right there with him so I was able to catch him and sit him down gently. Since the forecasted temperatures for Austell was 102 and higher with the heat indexes, we decided not to take any chances so we didn't go back. We'll be at Silver Dollar City at the end of July, so I'm going to make sure he drinks plenty of water and gatorade. I'm hoping to make a return trip to SFOG in September when the temps are a bit cooler.

Soooo....my tip for your trip in July would be to make sure you drink plenty of water and gatorade or powerade.

While they were tending to my son on the platform of Log Jamboree, there were quite a few calls coming in over the radio of others falling out due to the excessive heat.

Seems like Screamscape is thinking we could be in line for another dark ride next year. Any thoughts on that? I was hoping we could have gotten RMC Cyclone or another coaster in general to compete with Fury 325 and Dollywood's RMC.

I read that as well. Personally, it seems a bit silly to me that we would get a dark ride when we're one of the few Six Flags parks that actually has a high quality dark ride already. That said, JLBFM has been well received and seems to be a top notch ride. Even though I don't prefer to mix my water and theme park experiences usually, I would much rather see them spend the kind of coin it would take to bring in JLBFM on expansions to Hurricane Harbor. Given how little it really is in its current state (a wave pool, three slides, and a kids playstructure), I think near term expansion is warranted. HH has looked packed pretty much every time I've been at the park the last two seasons.

I read that as well. Personally, it seems a bit silly to me that we would get a dark ride when we're one of the few Six Flags parks that actually has a high quality dark ride already. That said, JLBFM has been well received and seems to be a top notch ride. Even though I don't prefer to mix my water and theme park experiences usually, I would much rather see them spend the kind of coin it would take to bring in JLBFM on expansions to Hurricane Harbor. Given how little it really is in its current state (a wave pool, three slides, and a kids playstructure), I think near term expansion is warranted. HH has looked packed pretty much every time I've been at the park the last two seasons.

I would consider the play structure an all ages attraction. The slides on it are more like those you would find on a full size body slide complex. Other than that I totally agree with you though. Our Hurricane Harbor debut is very small compared to the others (which is understandable with the way Six Flags adds new additions to parks now). I feel like the expansion needed to happen this season, because the place is very crowded.

I would love to see them add a lazy river, the ultimate people eating high capacity machine for a water park. They could also use speed body slides and maybe a traditional family raft slide. They also need to find a new way to access Tsunami Surge maybe on the existing path between the wave pool and GASM that is currently being used as road access (although they still need to have access probably). Everyone crowds between the wave pool and louge area and it is just chaos.

Overall our Hurricane Harbor is top notch. A surprisingly great looking water park expansion. Now just expand it more!!!

I wish we could get a new coaster and a HH expansion next year. I'll be happy with either though.