TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Has anyone been to White Water lately? I am wondering if Dive Bomber replaced Cliffhanger. Also, I saw that Dragon's Tail was not listed on their website.

Dive Bomber "replaced" Cliffhanger - essentially they had to extend the wooden platform at the top of the tower so the drop capsule would fit in with the existing Cliffhanger slide.

Dragon's Tail is still there as well - no other major changes in the park other than the drop capsule this season.

I went to White Water Sunday...And boy was it crowded! I rode Dive Bomber but not before a 300 lb. guy got stuck in it for 30 minutes. It took all of Six Flags White Water's kings horses and all the kings men to put Dive Bomber back together again. I've heard it's done it quite often so far. I don't know, it seemed to work fine when I got in it. However, I don't like it as much as Cliffhanger. The lines get longer because it's such a slow process to load a person and drop them. On Cliffhanger, it was just easy and the line moved a lot quicker. But whatever, it was still fun. And Dragon's Tail is still running great...Still the best slide in the park imo. I have to say, I was totally wrong when I said SFOG didn't need a waterpark inside of it. Because both times I've been to White Water and Hurricane Harbor in SFOG, they've both been intensely crowded. Atlanta can definitely support two big water parks. That was a good call by Six Flags.

Took a few pics...

20150524_154317.thumb.jpg.85a9b3890c6e2c0a6002fa7e411cd19d.jpg

Yay! It's time to ride some waterslides!

20150524_152532.thumb.jpg.b1b12379c2ede649a519d3129d70d903.jpg

Where to first??

20150524_153046.thumb.jpg.c9414b0abf32f70ce956b829ded0dbb0.jpg

I see Dive Bomber...Way up there!

20150524_152614.thumb.jpg.f013b20a7105f94fcfcc1deecd229297.jpg

Boy, is this place crowded today!

20150524_152520.thumb.jpg.1b75036cc1ebf22f08ff7948fd95a7ac.jpg

Whoever said Atlanta couldn't support two big Six Flags waterparks...You were dead wrong!

20150524_152740.thumb.jpg.242b18e276ecd6686b1d5c9e917bcfb3.jpg

Man, this place sure is pretty...

20150524_154156.thumb.jpg.e0a5fde6bf4a48426486fe4272bd895f.jpg

Hey look! It's Ridgeline Racer! I wonder if it's open? What?? American Adventures shut down??? Screw this place, I'm going home!

Hi! My Home Park is Six Flags St Louis. I'll be visiting SFOG in 2 weeks. Six Flags St Louis has a special entry gate for Discover Card holders only (it's the Orange Carpet treatment) which allows you to bypass those with daily tickets or passholders without a Discover Card. Does SFOG have one of these entrances?

Thanks in Advance!

Hi! My Home Park is Six Flags St Louis. I'll be visiting SFOG in 2 weeks. Six Flags St Louis has a special entry gate for Discover Card holders only (it's the Orange Carpet treatment) which allows you to bypass those with daily tickets or passholders without a Discover Card. Does SFOG have one of these entrances?

Thanks in Advance!

Yes, they do.

Edited by FSUFanChris

I missed that they replaced the Banzai Pipeline at Whitewater with a CannonBowl slide, but that is a GREAT call. Six Flags is killing it recently for me. So many good decisions in attractions. Especially adding two well-fitting flats into Gotham city at SFOG. Flat rides were very slim-pickings at the park between the year 1999 and until recently.

Thanks in Advance!

Yes they do have the discover card entrance.. Sometimes it saves a lot of time and at other times it's just as backed up because they aren't checking discover cards and everyone is lined up in the line.

Heck now that I think about it, they have never once asked for my discover card.. Guess they are running on a scouts honor system lol

But it has saved me time on most visits so I can't complain

So I went to Six Flags Over Georgia a few days ago. And obviously I rode roller coasters there. Among the gems such as Goliath, Georgia Scorcher, Mindbender, and Dare Devil Dive, we have Ninja (http://rcdb.com/40.htm) a Vekoma MK-1200. Rider reports told me that this was one of the roughest looping coasters in the United Sates. Someone even told me that "Ninja" was in fact an acronym for "Neck Injury." As a fairground veteran who has survived the sole example of the Pinfari RC-48 numerous times without breaking a bone, I rode it anyway.

And I actually had quite a bit of fun riding it.

It was bumpy, but as long as you sat back and held on, you would be fine. Three of the five inversions on this ride are unique to a looping coaster in the United States, and the butterfly inversion is one of the best I've experienced. The Arrow trains on the ride seem to have been fully restored, and felt like they were brand new (they came from SFGA, I think). I sat in the front both times on my back-to-back rides, and did not bang my head once. The ride op jokingly noted that I was the only enthusiastic rider in the short queue line that day.

This is coming from a die-hard B&M fan. My ride experience on Ninja was really good. Was yours any different? Was it a hit or a miss for you? How do the other Vekoma MK-1200s stack up?

When I visited the park in 2003, I did not think Ninja was bad at all. I even rode it several times that day. Now on the other hand, I did not like GASM at all and I only rode it once.

Has Cyclone been re-tracked recently or is it so bad that it makes no difference? As for White Water, judging by those pictures, I doubt the park will ever close. No matter how big the one at the SFOG becomes.

As was mentioned by dstephe9, Cyclone received some RMC topper track to the first couple of drops over the last few years. Those sections are still marvelous. It's the rest of the ride that beats you, though in my experience ride quality can be highly dependent on seating location.

So I went to Six Flags Over Georgia a few days ago. And obviously I rode roller coasters there. Among the gems such as Goliath, Georgia Scorcher, Mindbender, and Dare Devil Dive, we have Ninja (http://rcdb.com/40.htm) a Vekoma MK-1200. Rider reports told me that this was one of the roughest looping coasters in the United Sates. Someone even told me that "Ninja" was in fact an acronym for "Neck Injury." As a fairground veteran who has survived the sole example of the Pinfari RC-48 numerous times without breaking a bone, I rode it anyway.

And I actually had quite a bit of fun riding it.

It was bumpy, but as long as you sat back and held on, you would be fine. Three of the five inversions on this ride are unique to a looping coaster in the United States, and the butterfly inversion is one of the best I've experienced. The Arrow trains on the ride seem to have been fully restored, and felt like they were brand new (they came from SFGA, I think). I sat in the front both times on my back-to-back rides, and did not bang my head once. The ride op jokingly noted that I was the only enthusiastic rider in the short queue line that day.

This is coming from a die-hard B&M fan. My ride experience on Ninja was really good. Was yours any different? Was it a hit or a miss for you? How do the other Vekoma MK-1200s stack up?

I have to say that I don't believe I've ever heard such a positive opinion of Ninja, but I agree that it is pretty rideable with smart riding posture. I really wish there were more examples of the butterfly loop. I would love to see B&M or Premier take a stab at that inversion in a smooth multilooper.

The butterfly element looks like it pull a lot of laterals. Does it?

It does not pull very high laterals from my experience, but it is very disorienting in a good way! You basically change direction four times. If you have been on Tennessee Tornado, its very similar to that vertical loop in my opinion, just with two loops instead of one.

My personal opinion of Ninja is that it is a great, unique and intense multi-looper that will hopefully live on for a long time. The refurbished Arrow trains have made the ride considerably smoother and they look great. It has a few kinks in the track, and it may provide headbanging to shorter guests, but I never have a problem with it and it's smoother than almost any Arrow or Vekoma looper I've ever been on.

The butterfly element looks like it pull a lot of laterals. Does it?

It's actually more vertical gs than lateral. I haven't been on the butterfly on ninja, but I've been on the one on Tennessee tornado at Dollywood and the secion between the two inversions of the butterfly was one of the most forceful spots on a coaster I've ever been on.

I'm coming to visit SFOG from my home park of SFSTL. I was wondering if the park has "preferred parking" which is a parking lot closer to the entrance gate for a small additional fee.

Thanks in advance!!!

I'm coming to visit SFOG from my home park of SFSTL. I was wondering if the park has "preferred parking" which is a parking lot closer to the entrance gate for a small additional fee.

Thanks in advance!!!

Yes It Does. I believe all Six Flags do.

Regular: $20

Preferred: $25