TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

I couldn't say.. It was moving very slow so I assume just two still.. I timed it and there was over a min wait between trains on the lift... If its not on the flash pass I don't ride it. Two years ago it was on the gold flash pass during fright fest.. That's been the only time I have been on it except for a few times on a Sunday morning before the crowd was big

Ninja was also still down so where the water rides.. Monster Mansion was operating though..

But yeah maybe batman is just not on the Saturday Flash pass or maybe they took it off the gold and regular trying to move more platinum.. Of course I heard people complain in every flash pass line to the flash pass op asking why batman wasn't on it.. They all said idk lol

Either way I ran to batman first and only waited 30 mins so it was bad yet

It's strange to see everyone run toward Gotham City first insead of DDD or Goliath, usually Gotham City is a ghost town on Sunday mornings until about noon or so, Did you like Batman?? Which do you prefer normal, or backwards??

In my opinion, Namtab is the worst gimmick Six Flags has pulled yet. They've taken what was already one of the most intense layouts around and upped the intensity by removing your brain's ability to anticipate what is coming, and it can be incredibly disorienting. Even though I've known the layout by heart for decades I found it hard to properly brace myself for the snappy corkscrews, and it was by far my worst experience on a B&M, ever. Forwards BTR clones are one of my favorite rides, backwards and I'll pass. Kindly run the damned things as B&M designed, please, and expend your efforts on maintenance - not this backwards nonsense.

In my opinion, Namtab is the worst gimmick Six Flags has pulled yet. They've taken what was already one of the most intense layouts around and upped the intensity by removing your brain's ability to anticipate what is coming, and it can be incredibly disorienting. Even though I've known the layout by heart for decades I found it hard to properly brace myself for the snappy corkscrews, and it was by far my worst experience on a B&M, ever. Forwards BTR clones are one of my favorite rides, backwards and I'll pass. Kindly run the damned things as B&M designed, please, and expend your efforts on maintenance - not this backwards nonsense.

I hate to say I agree.. I think its a neat idea in theory, and it does look awesome traveling up the lift backwards, but it's to disorienting to really like IMO.. It's another reason I'm afraid to revisit SFSTL or SFOT, because I've not rode Mr.Freeze since they turned it into reverse blast, and I'm afraid it'll drop out of my top 5.

I hate to say I agree.. I think its a neat idea in theory, and it does look awesome traveling up the lift backwards, but it's to disorienting to really like IMO.. It's another reason I'm afraid to revisit SFSTL or SFOT, because I've not rode Mr.Freeze since they turned it into reverse blast, and I'm afraid it'll drop out of my top 5.

Mr. Freeze is even more incredible backwards.

I couldn't say.. It was moving very slow so I assume just two still.. I timed it and there was over a min wait between trains on the lift... If its not on the flash pass I don't ride it. Two years ago it was on the gold flash pass during fright fest.. That's been the only time I have been on it except for a few times on a Sunday morning before the crowd was big

Ninja was also still down so where the water rides.. Monster Mansion was operating though..

But yeah maybe batman is just not on the Saturday Flash pass or maybe they took it off the gold and regular trying to move more platinum.. Of course I heard people complain in every flash pass line to the flash pass op asking why batman wasn't on it.. They all said idk lol

It's strange to see everyone run toward Gotham City first insead of DDD or Goliath, usually Gotham City is a ghost town on Sunday mornings until about noon or so, Did you like Batman?? Which do you prefer normal, or backwards??

I loved it backwards but was a little letdown by it.. Basically it just made me dizzy lol and after it I canceled my Mind Bender on the flash pass and headed to some easy and relaxing rides like monster mansion haha.. Overall I greatly enjoyed it BUT wouldn't wait in line for it because I was expecting it to be much more intense..

But yeah it works wonders for six flags.. The GP love it because like you said, people FLOCKED to that area of the park. It might be a gimmick but it works GREAT!

I loved it backwards but was a little letdown by it.. Basically it just made me dizzy lol and after it I canceled my Mind Bender on the flash pass and headed to some easy and relaxing rides like monster mansion haha.. Overall I greatly enjoyed it BUT wouldn't wait in line for it because I was expecting it to be much more intense..

But yeah it works wonders for six flags.. The GP love it because like you said, people FLOCKED to that area of the park. It might be a gimmick but it works GREAT!

Lucky! I canceled Goliath and headed to Monster Mansion only to find it was closed lol, I needed something nice and relaxing, so I ended up sitting on a bench for 20 mins while my head got itself back together.. The person I was in line with reserved Superman on their flash pass after Batman, I can only imangine what a pretzel loop would do to a person that just got off of Batman backwards.

Lucky! I canceled Goliath and headed to Monster Mansion only to find it was closed lol, I needed something nice and relaxing, so I ended up sitting on a bench for 20 mins while my head got itself back together.. The person I was in line with reserved Superman on their flash pass after Batman, I can only imangine what a pretzel loop would do to a person that just got off of Batman backwards.

HAHA yeah I agree.. I ride lots of coasters but I just couldn't handle one right after backwards batman.. Monster Mansion did the trick though.. I scheduled Monster Mansion right after I canceled Mind Bender BUT THEN i remembered you saying it was down last week BUT still listed on the pass.. I was glad it was open..

Surprisingly Ninja was also listed as open half the day Saturday.. They finally marked it closed around 3.. No trains anywhere on site of the NInja though so it hadn't been opened.

HAHA yeah I agree.. I ride lots of coasters but I just couldn't handle one right after backwards batman.. Monster Mansion did the trick though.. I scheduled Monster Mansion right after I canceled Mind Bender BUT THEN i remembered you saying it was down last week BUT still listed on the pass.. I was glad it was open..

Surprisingly Ninja was also listed as open half the day Saturday.. They finally marked it closed around 3.. No trains anywhere on site of the NInja though so it hadn't been opened.

If they said Ninja was going to be down for good Id be estastic.. A nice wing rider, or a launced wing rider would be perfect in Ninjas spot, actually a new set of restrooms would be an improvement of Ninja.

Its maintenance shed is underneath the station isn't it? I don't know if it's trains where in there but I believe there is only room for one train under there.. So if that's the case the trains for ninja aren't even on the track

Just curious, anyone know why six flags doesn't try and have their new rides open on opening day? Heck, Dollywood will have a whole coaster built and open by grand opening in March..

Just curious if anyone knows the reasoning (if there is one) why six flags ga waits to have new rides open.. I noticed the same thing when they opened sky screamer

Just curious, anyone know why six flags doesn't try and have their new rides open on opening day? Heck, Dollywood will have a whole coaster built and open by grand opening in March..

Just curious if anyone knows the reasoning (if there is one) why six flags ga waits to have new rides open.. I noticed the same thing when they opened sky screamer

Generally it's a marketing thing. The goal is to open around Memorial Day. So all the people at the park from opening until then see the construction and (hopefully) think "Hey! I wanna come back and ride that when it opens!". Cheap marketing, since it doesn't really cost the park anything. Doesn't mean it works well, but that's the goal. All the Six Flags parks does this.

Easy fix for that is to do what other parks do and put the signs up during the previous year haha.

But yeah I figured it had something to do with that but didn't know if anyone knew any other answers or not..

But I guess it helps ensure two visits the same year for people who travel out early to visit

It is disappointing because operations were honestly pretty good last year. They really had everything together for Fright Fest and Holiday In The Park was pretty good as well. I hope it improves. I expected it to be better than opening day last year since their hiring process seems to have improved but I guess not.

I haven't been to the park since 2011... and now I'm remembering they may have removed a couple flat rides. The Schwarzkopf Enterprise and that indoor scrambler are gone, right? SF Great America being my home park, It's always a good reminder to be grateful for all the classic flat rides we still have. And 2 classic flumes to boot!

I'll be at the event on April 11th (I assume you mean Spring Fling)
Yup, that's the one!

The ERT will be a great time to get night rides on Mind Bender and avoid the usual 1 train operations line.
Big time! Can't wait for that! I'm not sure if I've gotten night rights on MB since the 90s! Woohoo!

I've not rode Mr.Freeze since they turned it into reverse blast, and I'm afraid it'll drop out of my top 5.

Here's the kicker: Mr. Freeze is designed to accommodate forward and backward travel, BTRs are not. What you should be worried about is the fact it's in your top 5 to begin with I actually prefer Freeze backwards, just keep your head back and lean into the transitions, they're much more gradual than Namtab's curves. Also it's super cool looking down 200' plus at the top of the spire when you ride in the back seat.

I actually LOVE Mr. Freeze turned the unoriginal direction. More umph and excitement than before. The super long lines of happy riders never seem to cease.

I have to say that I disagree with all the negativity surrounding namtaB. Were it a permanent change, I would understand the complaint, but I don’t personally find it to be particularly worse in reverse than it is normally. Just a very different experience. While we as enthusiasts (myself included) often tend to see the B:TR clones as nearly perfect for what they are, the GP are completely eating up namtaB. GP excitement/attendance = better ROI for Six Flags = more investment in the future. Like it or not, namtaB is only temporary and it seems to be helping the park’s bottom line, so I see it as a very positive thing overall.

I have an interview on Thursday with the park for a potential job as a ride op! As much as we all hate what Six Flags does, I will never turn down an offer to spend weekends there running the rides I love.

That puts you into the rare position to actually really do something about bad ops. Truthfully, I would really enjoy working as a ride op if I didn’t live on the other side of Atlanta. Let us know if you get the job and best of luck!

I have to say that I disagree with all the negativity surrounding namtaB. Were it a permanent change, I would understand the complaint, but I don’t personally find it to be particularly worse in reverse than it is normally. Just a very different experience. While we as enthusiasts (myself included) often tend to see the B:TR clones as nearly perfect for what they are, the GP are completely eating up namtaB. GP excitement/attendance = better ROI for Six Flags = more investment in the future. Like it or not, namtaB is only temporary and it seems to be helping the park’s bottom line, so I see it as a very positive thing overall.

I get what you're saying, but the self side of me is kinda bummed that Batman has become super popular now, On Sunday mornings I could usually get a good 6-7 rides in with maybe a 5 minute wait at most. Although, with Gotham City getting new attractions I supposed Batman was goingn to get extremly popular again regardless.

I get what you're saying, but the self side of me is kinda bummed that Batman has become super popular now, On Sunday mornings I could usually get a good 6-7 rides in with maybe a 5 minute wait at most. Although, with Gotham City getting new attractions I supposed Batman was goingn to get extremly popular again regardless.

Im sure that is their goal.. Bring in backwards batman to bring attention to the area and new rides, hopefully bringing people back into the park to ride the new rides.. Even though I would rather six flags have their new rides open on opening day, it do see how this is cheap marketing to get people back into the park