TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

I am so jealous of how cool your Batman looks. SFGAm is stuck with Yellow Batman.

I wouldn't trade the Blue batman for anything, but I have to say after visiting SFGAM, The yellow actually looks really good in person I thought, plus your station seemed cooler and better themed with the TV monitors etc.

When I ride any Batman clone, when the train hits the brakes my head is seriously spinning. I can only imagine how much worse it would be if the trains were backwards. Regardless it looks like an awesome experience. Maybe just one I would have to sit out.

When I ride any Batman clone, when the train hits the brakes my head is seriously spinning. I can only imagine how much worse it would be if the trains were backwards. Regardless it looks like an awesome experience. Maybe just one I would have to sit out.

I sit Batman out everytime, no matter the park or what direction it's facing. Just not my cup of tea.

Batmans back up and running. All I can say is WOW!! I rode twice in a row, and I came off feeling like I downed a bottle of cheap tequlia, worm and all.

Gotta love six flags on Sunday!! I am always able to ride rides back to back on Sundays BC the low crowds! Lol

Batmans back up and running. All I can say is WOW!! I rode twice in a row, and I came off feeling like I downed a bottle of cheap tequlia, worm and all.

Gotta love six flags on Sunday!! I am always able to ride rides back to back on Sundays BC the low crowds! Lol

I had a Platinum Pass, Batman was all the way out to the garden fountain, and only one train. I was surprised being the first Sunday in the season how crowded it was, It wasn't like Saturday in July crowded, but I feel like I got my moneys worth with my flash pass. Mindbender, Batman only had one train, Daredevil only had two out of 4 trains going.Operations were a little spotty, sometimes Goliath would dispatch before the second train even hit the brake run, other times it would be a couple of minutes, Scorcher was same old same old, Althought given how short it is, and how dumb the GP is, I'm a little more lenient on how long it takes because no matter how many times the ops tell people to stand up, you have one of two that don't listen.

I think this will be my chance to finally get on a backwards Batman (to be immediately followed by Great Adventure if the train does go up to NJ as rumored). I still can't believe this actually works, so I'm excited to ride and see.

Looking at the park website I don't see anything definite- is Backwards Batman on any FlashPass, just Platinum, or none?

I think this will be my chance to finally get on a backwards Batman (to be immediately followed by Great Adventure if the train does go up to NJ as rumored). I still can't believe this actually works, so I'm excited to ride and see.

Looking at the park website I don't see anything definite- is Backwards Batman on any FlashPass, just Platinum, or none?

it's on all levels of flash pass.. It's until May 10th, also I don't know if it was just because it's opening weekend or not, but the only had one train running, although from the looks of it, the train in the transfer was backwards as well, but it was hard to tell for sure, because I was in the back on the train. It's an intense ride, I've been able to marathon Batman before and not feel the slightest bit dizzy, but after two rides in a row on it backwards, I couldn't do anything with inversions the rest of the day.

I usually go Sunday morning when the park isn't crowded at all..

Wonder if mind bender even has the second train repaired? Last year it was one train all season [emoji26]

I'll be there next weekend probably.. I normally go Saturday and then head back Sunday for an hour or two until it gets crowded after 2 or 3

Can't wait! Might have to get a flash pass for batman though

What was the cost of the flash pass this year? I have a feeling it went up BC I got a survey asking how much I was willing to spend on one.. Hopefully people didn't say like $75 for the regular hahaha!

Wonder if mind bender even has the second train repaired? Last year it was one train all season [emoji26]

I'll be there next weekend probably.. I normally go Saturday and then head back Sunday for an hour or two until it gets crowded after 2 or 3

What was the cost of the flash pass this year? I have a feeling it went up BC I got a survey asking how much I was willing to spend on one.. Hopefully people didn't say like $75 for the regular hahaha!

The second train to Mindbender is still in pieces you can see it going down the first drop. I think the weather might have had something to do with it being so crowded today, it was cloudy and crappy all day yesterday, I went and got my pass processed and stayed an hour before I had to check into my hotel room and I got 5 rides in a row on Goliath, so I'm assuming a lot of people treated today as the real opening day since it was sunny and low 70's. The platinum was $80, you get $5 off with your pass, last summer I got a platinum at Great America for me and my sister and dropped $220, so I'm not sure if they go up during peak season, or if it differs from park to park, Also Ninja & Monster Mansion were both closed, but they remained active on the Flash Pass, while Batman said closed on the flash pass when it went down. I was there about 4 1/2 hours today and this was my ride count

GA Cyclone:2

Scorcher:1 [ I was going to do my reride, but when I was sitting in the brake run, I got a buzz that Batman had reopened after being down all morning, so I flew]

Goliath:8

Daredevil:5

Mindbender:2

Batman:2

Scream Machine:2

I was going to do Superman, but after Batman backwards disoriented me, I decided to leave, so maybe it was a good thing I didn't ride it till later in the day.

For anyone who has been at the park these past couple of days, how's Georgia Cyclone running? Any new trackwork?

I might be a little biased, but it was delivering amazing rides in the front, I didn't notice any knew trackwork on Cyclone, a couple of hills on Scream Machine, looked like they may have had some new wood on them.

The second train to Mindbender is still in pieces you can see it going down the first drop. I think the weather might have had something to do with it being so crowded today, it was cloudy and crappy all day yesterday, I went and got my pass processed and stayed an hour before I had to check into my hotel room and I got 5 rides in a row on Goliath, so I'm assuming a lot of people treated today as the real opening day since it was sunny and low 70's. The platinum was $80, you get $5 off with your pass, last summer I got a platinum at Great America for me and my sister and dropped $220, so I'm not sure if they go up during peak season, or if it differs from park to park, Also Ninja & Monster Mansion were both closed, but they remained active on the Flash Pass, while Batman said closed on the flash pass when it went down. I was there about 4 1/2 hours today and this was my ride count

GA Cyclone:2

Scorcher:1 [ I was going to do my reride, but when I was sitting in the brake run, I got a buzz that Batman had reopened after being down all morning, so I flew]

Goliath:8

Daredevil:5

Mindbender:2

Batman:2

Scream Machine:2

I was going to do Superman, but after Batman backwards disoriented me, I decided to leave, so maybe it was a good thing I didn't ride it till later in the day.

That's a bummer BC mindbender can get a pretty long line with just one train.. I was hoping they would have had it fixed this season.. This makes me believe they really don't have any intentions to actually fix the second train lol

Went to SFOG yesterday for opening weekend. Got there before the park opened and there was already a group riding namtab. When they let the general public in at 10:30am, we headed straight for namtab with the rest of the horde. Got there and it was broke. So whoever was riding it before the park opened got lucky and the rest of us was pissed. It basically was down till around 3pm. When they finally opened it, it seemed like the whole crowd of the park flocked to the ride making the wait over 2 hours long. I don't know if they ever intend on adding another train to the track but with only one train operation, the wait sucks. Being down in the sewers of Gotham with about a thousand sweaty stinky people is the worst. However, after riding the ride, it all seems worth it. Namtab is so much better than Batman. Ohhh the feels. I loved it. B&M just needs to make all their inverts backwards now. It's just better. Also, I must bitch a little about line nazis. When the park designates one of their employees to stand in the front of the line sending 2 - 4 people to each row, it slows down the line in my opinion. Yeah, it may work for parks like Disney or Universal, but that's because those people know what they're doing. But a teenager that's only been working at a theme park for a couple of days has no clue and chains like Six Flags and Cedar Fair don't need that crap. We're grown up people, we know how to stock a row for a coaster. Anyways, moving on.

As for the rest of the park, operations were probably the worst I've seen in a while. I was there back in December and park was great. I won't be to hard on the park though, I understand they only had like 2 months off to get the park back open again. But that being said, I may never go back in March again if this is what I have to look forward to in the future. Having only 2 cars going on Dare Devil Dive, you might as well write off the rest of your day if you get in line. I refused to ride it...The wait is just too ridiculous. Ninja was the only ride I noticed that was down all day..But I'm not shedding any tears over that. With the wait times, I basically rode 6 rides all day. Even the concessions were slow, confusing orders left and right. A lot of teenagers, nice teenagers, but sometimes clueless teenagers. I'm just gonna blame management on that one.

One last thing, if you plan on bringing a bottle of water into the park, don't open it before you go in. They have a new policy that you can't bring in an open bottle of water now. ???. Never a problem in the past. I guess to many people sneaking vodka in...Who knows? Whatever.

Sounds like a bad day, eh? Negative...Still had a blast! I love SFOG even with its faults. It's my home park...I'll love it to the day I die.

For anyone who has been at the park these past couple of days, how's Georgia Cyclone running? Any new trackwork?

I might be a little biased, but it was delivering amazing rides in the front, I didn't notice any knew trackwork on Cyclone, a couple of hills on Scream Machine, looked like they may have had some new wood on them.

I wouldn’t quite say it was running “amazing” but in my two rides on opening day (once in the second row, once in the penultimate row) it was probably on par with last year, which was an certainly an improvement over previous years. In the second row, some of the later drops that didn’t get topper track over the last couple of years were rather painful, but that’s pretty much par for the course for Cyclone. The ride I had in the penultimate row was legitimately great though. Lots of airtime and minimal roughness.

A few other notes from my opening day trip:

-Namtab was fantastic! I’m a big fan of the ride forwards and I have to say it didn’t disappoint backwards either. Very intense in the last row, a bit less so elsewhere and very enjoyable over all. Really appreciated the pass holder ERT the park gave us in the morning. Only around until May 10th, so if you live in the south, now’s your chance to ride.

-From Namtab I spied at least once piece of Joker on site. Doesn’t look like they’ve done much construction yet other than putting up fences.

-The Namtab queue’s fountain was working and the landscaping had been spruced up. I appreciate the small touches.

-Scorcher was not happy at all, probably due to chilly temps in the morning and some residual moisture from the previous night’s rain. In the span of 45 minutes or so in the mid morning I saw maintenance come, reset the ride or adjust something, and go four separate times.

-Cyclone’s queue received some paint. Sadly the ride itself is still sorely in need of a fresh coat, as is Scorcher for that matter.

-On most rides it seems that the attendants now verbally say “check” after checking each restraint. I also noted this at SFOT this past week, so it may be a new chain policy. From an operations standpoint, I like that this policy forces the attendants to focus on the task at hand and hopefully complete it efficiently rather than, say, carrying on a conversation with another attendant.

-I thought operations were average for opening day. Lots of inconsistency, but it’s the beginning of the season and that’s to be expected.

-As has been noted already, Mindbender’s second train is still in pieces. No idea when it will return, but this seems to be a rather long rehab.

-Ninja was the only major ride not open for the day. Neither train was anywhere in sight, so I can only assume the park chose to rehab all the other rides first due to Ninja’s lack of popularity.

-Last but not least, the employees really seemed extra friendly and welcoming. I’ve never felt that SFOG struggles in this area, but I had some very pleasant conversations about the park and how my day was going with ride ops during breakdowns.

Great opening day overall in spite of the weather, looking forward to another season at SFOG.