TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

A flat ride expansion to Gotham is exactly what I think was needed. I imagine the rides will go where the stadium for the former Batman show is. It would be a definite improvement to an area lacking for so many years.

Yeah, aside from it being marketed very wrong (although I am probably wrong in saying this as the words "roller coaster" will definintly attract tons of GP) I think Joker's Chaos and Harley Quin Spinsanity are a good investment. More flat rides in a park with 11 coasters is no loss by any means. Now all I want to know is where they are in the area.

A flat ride expansion to Gotham is exactly what I think was needed. I imagine the rides will go where the stadium for the former Batman show is. It would be a definite improvement to an area lacking for so many years.

That stadium is a HUGE area for a Tilt a Whirl and Mega Fireball. Surely it is someplace else.

That press release is really bothering me. In one place it says "you and 23 other riders", in another place it says the ride holds 20 riders, and finally it says the ride has 7 cars (which would mean it holds 28 riders.) Not a big deal at all but it is killing the perfectionist in me...

More flat rides are needed at SFoG so it's not a bad addition.

I still would like to see them get a giant ferris wheel. Something along the lines of what SFSL has.

Them marketing Joker's Chaos as a roller coaster isn't right but it's what they do.

They held onto the Mind Bender as being the world's first triple loop coaster for the longest time (they may still call it that). That one non-loop when you first enter the second section is the "second loop". So dumb.

I think it's a pretty fitting addition to the park that would help more than it would hurt. Now there'll be enough classic flats to consider Gotham as having more of a carnival atmosphere, which I think would be pretty cool!

I honestly wonder if making all of the announcements for the entire Six Flags chain is really the best idea. For those parks who get less, the local folks are going to come across as majorly ticked even if they get something the park really needs. Maybe start small and build up to the big announcements or just let the local PR folks determine the best time to make an announcement based on their local market.

Makes me wonder....why on earth did they get rid of Wheelie and then two years later put in another looping (and in my opinion less exciting) flat ride? I mean...these things are a dime a dozen at almost every carnival and fair in the nation. They could come up with something new. Oh well. And the coaster part? lmao! Way to go six flags! Carowinds here I come!

I honestly wonder if making all of the announcements for the entire Six Flags chain is really the best idea. For those parks who get less, the local folks are going to come across as majorly ticked even if they get something the park really needs. Maybe start small and build up to the big announcements or just let the local PR folks determine the best time to make an announcement based on their local market.

I actually like it, I wish Cedar Fair would do this.

Makes me wonder....why on earth did they get rid of Wheelie and then two years later put in another looping (and in my opinion less exciting) flat ride? I mean...these things are a dime a dozen at almost every carnival and fair in the nation. They could come up with something new. Oh well. And the coaster part? lmao! Way to go six flags! Carowinds here I come!

Wheelie was over 30 years old and I'm sure had maintenance issues. This is an entirely new ride with little maintenance costs.

I was checking out SFOG's FB page and noticed something interesting: it seems like over half of the loudest complainers have rollercoasters/rides in their profile pics, and they post repeatedly about their disappointment...

Also noticing a disturbing trend of "the other park nearby is getting something bigger, therefore this sucks".

I mean, I'm not blown away by these things either, but they are what they are: a semi-decent little flat ride. I just hate how the internet and greater exposure to the industry at large is making every announcement into a huge complaint fest.

Wheelie was over 30 years old and I'm sure had maintenance issues. This is an entirely new ride with little maintenance costs.

Most if not all Enterprises nowadays have issues, especially with the drive systems. The main issue is that HUSS won't make parts for models that they do not make anymore. Super Loops don't have the best mechanical history, but this should definitely be a major improvement.

IIRC, part of the reason Wheelie was removed was that was the only location in the park they could build Sky Screamer at that height and get permission for it with the nearby airport.

^Also with HUSS they don't keep parts in stock and only manufacture them as they receive payment, which can cause weeks of delays with getting a ride fixed.

Sorry I'm not trying to complain. Yes I'm glad that they are getting more flats. I've just never been a fan of super loops after my last experience with one at the Tennessee Valley Fair a while back. Happily riding and my seatbelt came undone and your arms are so cramped I couldn't reach it to snap it back in. The harness was very loose so I was hanging on for dear life. Granted it was a carnival....but still. Bad memories.

That would explain why Kentucky Kingdom's Enterprise has been SBNO this entire year. I feel it'll hit the graveyard for something better by next year. But even worse, wasn't the Enterprise previously at Over Georgia a Schwarzkoph model?

I was checking out SFOG's FB page and noticed something interesting: it seems like over half of the loudest complainers have rollercoasters/rides in their profile pics, and they post repeatedly about their disappointment...

Also noticing a disturbing trend of "the other park nearby is getting something bigger, therefore this sucks".

I mean, I'm not blown away by these things either, but they are what they are: a semi-decent little flat ride. I just hate how the internet and greater exposure to the industry at large is making every announcement into a huge complaint fest.

I agree. These rides don't look like the best ever, but they still seem thrilling and fun, and hopefully I can ride them one of these days. These people should at least be glad that they're getting this and not some other lame attraction.

I'm just wondering how they plan on competing in the local area with Carowinds getting the largest giga in the world and Dollywood opening Dreammore Resort and them another $20+ million ride in 2016. Hopefully they are saving for something truly epic....then again, we'll probably see a Crazy Cyclone remake of Georgia Cyclone. Not saying that would be a bad thing.

I'm just wondering how they plan on competing in the local area with Carowinds getting the largest giga in the world and Dollywood opening Dreammore Resort and them another $20+ million ride in 2016. Hopefully they are saving for something truly epic....then again, we'll probably see a Crazy Cyclone remake of Georgia Cyclone. Not saying that would be a bad thing.

Or SFOG will just get the second Wicked Cyclone

Sorry I'm not trying to complain. Yes I'm glad that they are getting more flats. I've just never been a fan of super loops after my last experience with one at the Tennessee Valley Fair a while back. Happily riding and my seatbelt came undone and your arms are so cramped I couldn't reach it to snap it back in. The harness was very loose so I was hanging on for dear life. Granted it was a carnival....but still. Bad memories.

Oh there's still room for criticism for sure. I'm sure the park-model versions from Larson will be better though.

Easy, they'll take the cheap route like they always do: charge huge fees for parking, in-park advertising barfed all over the place, charge for lockers and other little things that are normally free or really cheap, have slow operations which create huge lines and then have huge prices for Fast Passes, fill every corner of the park with rip-off games... need I go on? Same old song and dance that led them into bankruptcy last time.

I honestly beleive that we will be seeing an iron horse treatment done to our georgia cyclone next year or addleast some type of new roller coaster. But i just have this feeling that we will see a wicked georgia cyclone or iron georgia cyclone in 2016. Anyone else think so?

I honestly beleive that we will be seeing an iron horse treatment done to our georgia cyclone next year or addleast some type of new roller coaster. But i just have this feeling that we will see a wicked georgia cyclone or iron georgia cyclone in 2016. Anyone else think so?

Probably not considering it just got retracked this year.