TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

I really hope whatever next coaster Georgia has in it's future is either unique and family friendly, or truly world class forceful beast. Their lineup is filled to the brim with solid rides, and something from Intamin could really give them some great national-level buzz.

I was thinking that BC this summer their big concerts have been in the picnic area which isnt ideal for that.

They do need a concert arena if they want to continue having bigger acts

They had a great amphitheater. Then they tore it out and put a waterpark there. Something tells me that won't be it.

I also don't see an El Loco since they have a Eurofighter.

The park really could use a launched coaster. I really wish they could have found a way to keep the Viper when they put Superman in (maybe just have moved it somewhere else instead of send it to KK to run for a few years and then get turned into scrap metal).

Can't you guys see how much planning they're putting in. Just look at those hand gestures. It has gotta be something big!

I wished someone would make an El Loco themed to a haunted house. The initial climb would be ascending the stairs to either top floor or roof, only to curve back around and dive into warped hallways and through bloody kitchen, cellar, etc. It'd sure make up for that walk-through haunted attraction they had many moons ago.

Honestly, I'd take Batman backwards, I mean we've been pretty fortunate with the only chain wide Euro Fighter, A sky screamer, and a water park. I know people aren't to fond of wing riders in general, but tear out Ninja and put one over the water, and I think it would be amazing.

I think the odds are low for a removal of ninja. But they do have loads of property near the employee lot.

I'm sure Ninja isn't going no where, it was more wishful thinking then anything. I just don't understand how something so beautiful to look at, can be so painful to ride.

I just noticed in the first teaser video they are doing big circles with their fingers over the paper, and their second teaser video was just released on Facebook saying that the ride will be 70 feet tall and straight down. Therefore, i'm going with Aqualoops.

Where does it say 70 feet tall and straight down? Is it audio (I'm at work so I played the video without sound)?

If that's the case, I completely agree! If it is a Hurricane Harbor addition though, I am hoping it will be more than just a set of Aqualoops. I would like to see an expansion with more than 1 think. A lazy river would be great.

If the blueprints were real, they seemed like blueprints of a building structure of some kind. Maybe they were looking at blueprints of an existing structure in the park, and the circular hand motions were just referring to the area of construction. Just speculating here and probably over thinking it, but your guess is a good one!

^I imagine Batman will get the backwards treatment for at least part of next year. If the rumors of SFFT getting it later this year pan out it will only leave SFOG, SFStL, and SFGAdv as the three US parks to now have it yet.

The clues SFGAdv has put out via their twitter/instagram all but confirm we are getting it next year.

Does anyone think there is a way that at some point in expanding Hurricane Harbor they would be able to make a separate entrance for it from the west parking lot? It is such a hassle to walk from the east parking lot, get through the gates, and walk the entire park to get to Hurricane Harbor. I wish they would do this at some point if Hurricane Harbor is expanded but while it isn't that far between the lot and Hurricane Harbor, all of their backstage facilities and offices are between the two.

I like the Aqualoop idea. Wikipedia lists them as about 56ft tall, so I suppose the height range is in the ballpark. I would hope if this was a Hurricane Harbor expansion that it would be more than just a slide or two though. A solid lazy river would be really nice.

"The view of Six Flags over Georgia is pretty chaotic, especially when you're 70 feet above the ground and looking straight down."

That's the audio from the teaser clip. They are standing on a cherry-picker on the midway right between acrophobia and the mine train.

There are actually some Euro-Fighters at that exact height, as well as an Intamin half-pipe at MOA. The El Loco coasters are all taller than that, so I'm kind of thinking this isn't a coaster.

^I'm thinking it isn't a coaster either since we already have a taller Euro-Fighter, and 70 feet is just an odd coaster height. The "straight down" statement makes me think it is an Aqualoop set or some kind of flat ride.

I just really hope if this is a Hurricane Harbor expansion it has at least 3 notable additions. The last thing I want to see SFOG do is start doing small additions to the water park and nothing to the dry park. Hurricane Harbor is kind of a blessing and a curse in that regard.

If it isn't for Hurricane Harbor, any guesses on what it could be? Does that location between Acrophobia and the mine train mean anything? It seems like a place without much room for new additions.

I don't think there is enough room, but a S&S ScreamingSwing I think could fit the label of 70 feet straight down.

I don't think so either, unless they used that big grassy hill with the huge old tree on it.. across from the Angus G. Wynne memorial, which would be pretty sad since that tree is probably over 100 years old and gorgeous.

I just looked at the spot on Google Earth and the ride would probably fit in the spot they are on in the video, but it would be tight and that's without taking space for the queue into account. Still a possibility though...

Teaser video link for those who need it:

It's obviously a flat ride, unless they want to be insane and add a dive machine with a tunnel (obviously not gonna happen).

Screamin Swing fits the bill perfectly, and honestly, those look insane, and i've never ridden one before, so if that's it, i'll be happy.