TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

I went to the park today for my first trip there. I was pretty happy with my trip there, I think it's a very nice looking park, and much bigger than I thought it would be.

The longest line all day was the line to get into the park...it took 45 minutes to enter! I figured I would try to ride everything once and call it a day but lines were pretty short. I hit DDD first and it was about a 40 minute wait. Really liked it, it was only my 2nd Gerstlauer but I am a big fan of theirs so far! DDD was my 2nd favorite ride there today and rode it twice.

I went to Mindbender next, it was only a 20 minute wait. This was a really pleasant surprise, the loops had some great force and it was just a lot of fun to ride. 4th favorite ride today.

Batman broke down as soon as I got in line so I headed off to Goliath. The wait was only 15 minutes at most. I rode in the back which gave me a lot of great air time (I'm pretty light so I float easy). The Helix gave me some forces I wasn't expecting which was nice! 3rd favorite ride today and rode it 3 times.

I got lost trying to find Superman and ended up on the Mine Train, it was a walk-on. It was decent, not bad, not great. 10th favorite ride.

I found Superman, only a 20 minute wait. I really to prefer the B&M flyer to Vekoma, Vekoma just hurts and I hate every single minute of it. This was my first Superman clone and was much better than I thought, and a lot more comfortable. 5th favorite ride of the day.

GASM was next and it was pretty smooth for the most part. It really is a pretty ride and I like looking at it over the water. Not as pretty as Mean Streak but a much better ride! 7th favorite ride of the day.

I heard all the horror stories about Ninja so I prepared for the worst. It was a walk-on but I didn't think it was all that bad. I rode in the front and tried to brace myself for the headbanging, it worked for a little but the corkscrews always get me. 9th favorite ride of the day.

I went back to Batman and walked on to it 3 times in a row. This was my first Batman clone and boy did I love every second of it! The intensity just keeps getting better as the ride goes on. Loved it and by far my favorite ride of the day as well as a challenging Raptor for my favorite invert. Rode Batman 4 times.

I hit Georgia Cyclone next and it was rough! I really liked the layout but it was a little too rough for me. 8th favorite today.

Georgia Scorcher is by far the best stand-up I've been on (only other two are Mantis and Vortex at Carowinds). I usually don't like stand-ups but I really enjoyed the Scorcher. 6th favorite ride today.

Overall it was a pretty good experience for my first visit to SFOG and first Six Flags park. Other than the wait to get in to the park and some operators taking time to gossip rather than dispatch trains I really enjoyed it.

^Glad to hear you enjoyed the park! It is definitely one of the best parks in the chain. Of course, I grew up going there, so it will always be special to me. If you didn't catch Monster Mansion on your visit, make sure you hit it next time! It is the park's true hidden gem: one of the quirkiest dark rides around!

I have a feeling the long wait to get in the park was partly because of the new season pass system being a finger-print scanner and all.

I'm finally home.

*Slide pieces waiting for construction in parking lot

*Lines are terrible

*More annoying basketballs

*All coasters open

*Still have not ridden any coasters

*Why run water rides? It's not that hot and humid.

*Lots of school groups mean short lines after 3

*Many people with pants around their ankles

*Topper track? Yes, please!

*Ninja as first coaster of day. God, help me!

*Ninja was being kind today. A little burnt and bruised, but fine otherwise.

*GASM next. Time to see how great it rides with new track

*I didn't feel much of a difference on GASM, but I did feel airtime

*Just waited an hour for DDD due to long wait and break down

*Pretty good coaster. Nothing really to write home about

*Last ride of the day was GA Cyclone in far back seat. Holy airtime, Batman!

*Only four coasters today, but did get the two missing credits I needed.

Stay tuned for more final analysis later.

20140405_134550.thumb.jpg.d030bec477c6dbdf8de0ad129d945ad5.jpg

What kind of crowd should I expect this Sunday, and what kind of route should I try to take? I expect to get there around opening, and I've got basically the entire day. I've already gotten all the credits here (even Ninja ), I'm just looking for the optimal route to hit rides in.

What kind of crowd should I expect this Sunday, and what kind of route should I try to take? I expect to get there around opening, and I've got basically the entire day. I've already gotten all the credits here (even Ninja ), I'm just looking for the optimal route to hit rides in.

You're in the Bible Belt meaning that crowds will be minimal. You should be good at getting all what you want done. I'll also be there on Sunday, but I'll get in early because of the Gold Pass.

Yeah, the Bible Belt makes Sundays a magical time to go to a theme park.

Especially Easter, Easter is probably the best day of the year.

My route has always been Cyclone ( not sure about this one though as you will see below), Goliath, DDD, B:TR, Mindbender, Scorcher, Ninja (in the magical seat of course, which is first row last car) S:UF, GASM, and then do whatever else you wanna do, you could probably fit SkyScreamer in between Scorcher and Ninja if you want to.

It may be that my Spring Break is different from most people's, but my spring break (April 7th to April 14th) has also been a good time to go.

But anyways, I have never (sadly) been on Cyclone before because of all the stories of it being too rough (even when i've been on the original in Coney Island), but after the RMC topper track and all the other renovations i'm thinking about doing it, any tips or magic seats that i've never heard about? How does it compare to the original Coney Island Cyclone?

Yeah, the Bible Belt makes Sundays a magical time to go to a theme park.

Especially Easter, Easter is probably the best day of the year.

My route has always been Cyclone ( not sure about this one though as you will see below), Goliath, DDD, B:TR, Mindbender, Scorcher, Ninja (in the magical seat of course, which is first row last car) S:UF, GASM, and then do whatever else you wanna do, you could probably fit SkyScreamer in between Scorcher and Ninja if you want to.

It may be that my Spring Break is different from most people's, but my spring break (April 7th to April 14th) has also been a good time to go.

But anyways, I have never (sadly) been on Cyclone before because of all the stories of it being too rough (even when i've been on the original in Coney Island), but after the RMC topper track and all the other renovations i'm thinking about doing it, any tips or magic seats that i've never heard about? How does it compare to the original Coney Island Cyclone?

Cyclone isn't that bad. Just avoid the back, I guess, unless you want awesome airtime.

Got a new survey today. Looks like six flags might be toying with two things. Fresh fast food, probably something healthy from all the questions and then a game pass type season pass for games.

First survey I have received since the fingerprint scanner survey from last year and it became reality

Went to the park again, today. Lines were much better from last Saturday.

Random notes:

- Vertical construction on the actual water slides has begun.

- Finally got on Acrophobia. Loved every second of it.

- Mindbender did not open with park. Did open after about 15 minutes.

- Longest wait was 30 minutes for Superman.

- Lap bar on Cyclone went down two notches. Insane ejector airtime heaven.

Coaster Rankings:

1. Goliath

2. Mindbender

3. Dare Devil Dive

4. Batman: the Ride

5. Georgia Scorcher

6. Superman: Ultimate Flight

7. Georgia Cyclone

8. Great American Scream Machine

9. Dahlonega Mine Train

10. Wild E. Coyote Canyon Blaster

11. Ninja

I have all the credits except Canyon Blaster (at least I think that's what the family coaster is) and Ninja, if I remember correctly (my first visit last year was when Ninja had a broken chain.) What should I expect from Ninja? I know that it is a piece of crap. I've been on one ride worse than it (by the Mitch Hawker Poll) - Time Warp, a Volare, which I didn't find that bad. Is Ninja worse than a Volare or better?