TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

I think six flags will close white water. It just doesn't make sense to have two waterparks that close to each other. Also is there any word about wheather or not this new waterpark will be included with park admission?

I think six flags will close white water. It just doesn't make sense to have two waterparks that close to each other. Also is there any word about wheather or not this new waterpark will be included with park admission?

It is included with admission.

...Also, as someone who has been on Mind Bender MANY times, it has an MCBR as much as it has a 3rd inversion (which is to say, not at all)

THIS.

I've been wondering as long as Mindbender has been open where that third loop is hidden. Ridden it hundreds of times and I still haven't found it.

If it's a coaster, it better have a MCBR and be longer than 3500 ft. The park needs some capacity

DDD has a MCBR but it still has kind of low capacity. It would be nice if they would unload the car that's in the station behind the car being loaded simultaneously; that would greatly imncrease capacity.

I am from Knoxville so I am far from Atlanta but this announcement really excites me! So far I have been to six flags more than Dollywood this year so an in park water park will be great and makes me look forward to coming next year. I have been to six flags 20 or 30 times, and WW only once. This announcement is great for people like me. I always stay in one of the hotels right beside six flags so that I can avoid traffic so this water park announcement will only extend my stays in atlanta

Instead of one night now (My normal unless frightfest or something is going on) I will probably stay two nights. This way I can fit in both the park and water park.

Maybe that is what six flags is going for. I know the original idea for six flags was to be a "local park" geared for locals, located right in your city. I am sure this water park will bring more outside guest and will cause them to stay longer.

WW is just a major pain for a lot of us out of towners to get to with all that traffic

I think six flags will close white water. It just doesn't make sense to have two waterparks that close to each other.

*Faceplam

No, no no. Read the thread. A metro area that large can easily sustain two waterparks. It is not out of the question though that Six Flags sells off the White Water property.

Six Flags White Water is not outright owned by Six Flags corporate, it is owned by the same limted partnership group that owns Six Flags Over Georgia. So SF corporate cannot just decide to close White Water unless that is what the limited partership group wants to do.

I am just going to repost this here for some of our members that keep saying that Six Flags will close White Water.

Whats up with people wanting a coaster with a "MCBR"? Is it something im missing here? Do they now insinuate a coaster of quality? I think SFoG has a good coaster line up. If i were a local I would be screaming "more flat rides" before screaming for a "MCBR" coaster...

Whats up with people wanting a coaster with a "MCBR"? Is it something im missing here? Do they now insinuate a coaster of quality? I think SFoG has a good coaster line up. If i were a local I would be screaming "more flat rides" before screaming for a "MCBR" coaster...

Quality is a matter of opinion. I do think that some are of the opinion, present company included, that SFoG is missing a coaster of length. I'm a coaster lover but not nearly the junkie that some on this board are; I can't rattle off the length in feet of all my favorite coasters but in comparison to the coasters out of town that I enjoy riding it seems that the coasters at SFoG are much shorter than others locally that get more pub and press. Is this a case of perceived grass being greener? Perhaps...I'll admit that.

Multi-year multi-phase means no coasters until the harbor is finished.

No, it doesn't mean that at all!

What is happening to this thread!?!? All of these SFOG fanboys are getting worse than the SFMM and CP ones!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by SharkTums

What is happening to this thread!?!? All of these SFOG fanboys are getting worse than the SFMM and CP ones!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elissa, I'm convinced that since you and Robb give people an outlet on theme parks, coasters, etc., everyone automatically thinks they are instant experts. I get annoyed with it pretty easily, so I can't imagine how you and Robb deal with it.

And I am posting this claiming fully that I am a theme park enthusiast but do not in any way consider myself an expert.

Check out this link:

SFOG Season Pass Pricing

You'll notice that upgrading to a combo Season Pass (SFOG and SFWW) is a mere $5 dollars.

SFOG isn't counting on a huge profit from combo season passes. But, if you live in Atlanta, why wouldn't you get upgrade to go to a great water park?

SFWW is a full-day waterpark - the new Hurricane Harbor will be a few hours extra at SFOG at most - this will just keep people in the park longer (and more money from food, rentals, merch, etc).

For a guy who has family that lives in Atlanta and has been to both parks plenty of times, I'd have to say that the city can successfully sustain two water parks. One water park will always be better than the other, in my opinion, and for many nit-picky reasons including one being able to sustain more people than the other (and provide more shade). I think they'll both be fine for quite a while.

I think this addition is great. With the intense heat the south gets, it will be nice to be able to spend part of the day in the wave pool and cool off. I already thought Skull Island was a great idea, and this only expounds upon that. One of the best additions of 2014 in my opinion.

Finally a reason to go visit the park again!! I haven't been to WW in years.

But seriously... Sell WW? No. They would have been better off selling WW before announcing a new park. It's worth less now that there is more competition. Change the parks strategy? Sure. But no way they sell it off immediately.

In Houston, We had SF AstroWorld and WaterWorld and then for a while there was Six Flags SplashTown in North Houston. Well we all know what happened to SFAW and SFWW, and then Six Flags SplashTown was sold to PARC in 2007. Even then Houston was able to sustain 2 Six Flags Water Parks with a metro population of 5+ million.

San Antonio on the other hand has White Water Bay at SFFT, Aquatica at Sea World, and SplashTown in downtown SA. San Antonio Metro population is about 2.2 million and has 3 water parks and they're all just fine.

The Georgia parks are what, 20 miles away from each other????? White Water Bay and Aquatica in San Antonio are about 10 miles apart.

If there wasn't a market for it and cost effective for them they wouldn't do it. Six Flags just didn't decide over a month or 2 that they were going to add a water park to SFoG.....these plans are probably a few years in the making.

San Antonio on the other hand has White Water Bay at SFFT, Aquatica at Sea World, and SplashTown in downtown SA. San Antonio Metro population is about 2.2 million and has 3 water parks and they're all just fine.

Not to mention the park right outside of San Antonio which many consider one of the best water parks in the world. So 4 water parks that are doing just fine in one city. You can't say tourism helps it because I know Atlanta gets a lot of tourism. I think both water parks from Six Flags will be fine. I remember once talking to an upper management member of a park who said water parks are very profitable. Six Flags as we know is all about profit. I keep reading that some will no longer go for the combo pass but that doesn't mean you won't stay longer and spend more money at Over Georgia because now you have reason to.

It is included with admission.

It's going to be included.

In all honesty, as someone who is just not into the water park thing at all, I personally thought this was disappointing. However, I do understand their rationale for this, and it is good for the park. They likely plan to use the old Axis Arena as their concert venue now, which is good, as it was not being used from what I could tell. I really hope that 2015 or 2016 will bring a new coaster.

I understand what people are saying about atlanta being able to support two waterparks. But, can someone please explain how thin would benefit SIX FLAGS. I know if It was a hot summer day and I was at six flags over georgia I would say, "going to white water tomorrow sounds refreshing", but if there is a free waterpark at the park I would have no need to go. This is the main thing I don't understand. Im not meaning to be that one annoying person on the thread, im just asking a question. And also, why would you go to white water when you can go to six flags over georgia and ride rollercoasters and enjoy a small waterpark?