TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Well they haven't posted any teasers about Thursdays "big" announcement like great america or fiesta texas. so I'm guessing its not that big of deal? Or...? It so big of a deal they want it to be an absolute surprise without hints...?

Now you've got my head spinning.

Yeah I'm a bit confused here too. The link what was posted with the article makes it sound outstanding but with them not posting teasers and promoting August 29th like great America and fiesta texas makes me wonder...

After doing a lot of thinking and after reading that article which quoted "Dale Kaetzel, park president, said he would be making an announcement next week about a major capital investment in the park that will transform Six Flags Over Georgia, “taking it to places it’s never been.” And with the statement on Facebook saying wondering why we're posting so many southern star photos, stay tuned for a big surprise, and than thinking about the ride surveys given about the african themed attraction and waterpark. If you put all these together I'd say we could see a brand new mid sized coaster a small skull island expansion and maybe a new concert venue with a small expansion to the park Itself. Yeah I know I said a lot but this is what I could come up with.

The thing is why would Six Flags compete with themselves by adding another water park to SFOG? According to the 2012 attendance report, SFWW is the 12th most attended water park in the U.S. Why would Six Flags try to build a new water park if the existing one is already bringing in the numbers? I'm sorry, but none of this is making sense. I can see an expansion to Skull Island, but an entirely new water park? Absolutely not.

Six Flags White Water is not outright owned by Six Flags corporate, it is owned by the same limted partnership group that owns Six Flags Over Georgia. So SF corporate cannot just decide to close White Water unless that is what the limited partership group wants to do.

Yea what a great idea. Lets tear an airport down just to build a 400ft coaster. will NEVER happen. That airport is for small planes that people use so they can prioritize the larger aircrafts for Hartsfield.

Yea what a great idea. Lets tear an airport down just to build a 400ft coaster. will NEVER happen. That airport is for small planes that people use so they can prioritize the larger aircrafts for Hartsfield.

not exactly a 400 ft coaster but maybe a intamin giga

not exactly a 400 ft coaster but maybe a intamin giga

Tell you what - you can go to the airport and plead for them to go out of business so you can have your super-huge coaster, and I'll sit back with a tub of lightly-buttered popcorn (need to be healthy, y'know) and some banana-flavored fruit chews and watch.

To put it less bluntly - I don't think that it's going to happen. Apparently Goliath is a kick-butt coaster anyway.