TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Went to the media day today through macc and had a great time. Skyscremer loks intimidating but is really a great ride and not near as bad as it looks. This is going to be a great addition to the park. They did a thing at media day about pigs flying and even had a bunch of people ride dressed as pigs which was kinda cute.

All in all it was a good time and an awesome new ride.

Went to the media day today through macc and had a great time. Skyscremer loks intimidating but is really a great ride and not near as bad as it looks. This is going to be a great addition to the park. They did a thing at media day about pigs flying and even had a bunch of people ride dressed as pigs which was kinda cute.

What could you see from the top of the ride? Practically everything at the park?

What could you see from the top of the ride? Practically everything at the park?

Easily everything in the park as well as the atlanta skyline. Was hard to make out a lot of the distant stuf because of how quickly the ride was spinning. The close stuff like the park looked great though. Really great views.

Wish I could have done this today as well. I am working on getting the nerve up to ride this. I am still shocked I got on Windseeker at Carowinds last month-although I got a last minute reprieve from conquering this irrational fear I have of mega-tall swing rides as it broke down before the ride started.

Hi all. Just wanted to update an answer to a question I asked during spring break about early entry into SFOG with the new Gold Season Pass. They let us in 30 minutes early although, like in previous years, you aren't allows past the train bridges just past the Georgia Scorcher and the Georgia Cyclone and the only ride open during that time is the Cyclone. We got to ride the Cyclone several times with one time being just me and my 2 daughters which created a "I'm super-rich and rented the whole park for myself" type moment. LOL! While I do wish they'd open up more of the park during the 30 minute early entry, I'll take it. As everyone knows, riding the Cyclone first thing can be risky as even with the track repairs (which are great BTW), a wrong landing on the back rest going down one of those later hills can create some serious back pain for the rest of your visit. Glad that didn't happen this time and it was a wonderful 1st visit of many to the park this year.

I found this cool video on the Skyscreamer media day.

Also I got a survey the other day and it asked about what type of characters you like to see the most and what type of themed family ride you would like to see from choices were scooby do, looney tunes, hot wheels, even zombies.

Went to sixflags today and noticed that batman was very smooth and it was extremely quiet! It sounded just like dragon challenge at IOA. Skyscreamer s line was about a 3 hour wait. Smh and the park was extremely crowded. I must say though the new paint in Gotham city is really nice. But all the ride operators were EXTREMELY SLOW! Sixflags really needs to work on that.

^This was posted three posts back:

Hi all. Just wanted to update an answer to a question I asked during spring break about early entry into SFOG with the new Gold Season Pass. They let us in 30 minutes early although, like in previous years, you aren't allows past the train bridges just past the Georgia Scorcher and the Georgia Cyclone and the only ride open during that time is the Cyclone. We got to ride the Cyclone several times with one time being just me and my 2 daughters which created a "I'm super-rich and rented the whole park for myself" type moment.
Edited by ernierocker

Hi all. Just wanted to update an answer to a question I asked during spring break about early entry into SFOG with the new Gold Season Pass. They let us in 30 minutes early although, like in previous years, you aren't allows past the train bridges just past the Georgia Scorcher and the Georgia Cyclone and the only ride open during that time is the Cyclone. We got to ride the Cyclone several times with one time being just me and my 2 daughters which created a "I'm super-rich and rented the whole park for myself" type moment. LOL! While I do wish they'd open up more of the park during the 30 minute early entry, I'll take it. As everyone knows, riding the Cyclone first thing can be risky as even with the track repairs (which are great BTW), a wrong landing on the back rest going down one of those later hills can create some serious back pain for the rest of your visit. Glad that didn't happen this time and it was a wonderful 1st visit of many to the park this year.

That's good to hear. I like it when I'm the only one on a ride.

Went to sixflags today and noticed that batman was very smooth and it was extremely quiet! It sounded just like dragon challenge at IOA. Skyscreamer s line was about a 3 hour wait. Smh and the park was extremely crowded. I must say though the new paint in Gotham city is really nice. But all the ride operators were EXTREMELY SLOW! Sixflags really needs to work on that.

When I visited earlier in the season Batman was smooth, but VERY loud. Louder than I remember from previous seasons.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Mind Bender was closed today. Anyone know what's up?

Went to the park last Wednesday and Mind Bender was closed when the park opened but it did open about an hour or so later. There might be some gremlins in the machinery that are being weeded out. Also the SkyScreamer was excellent. The line at 1pm was less than an hour and the staff did a great job getting people on and off quickly. Also very stable considering how high up it is and how flimsy the chains look. Really enjoyed it and the breeze on a hot day is just what the doctor ordered. The cool thing that I haven't seen anyone mention is that you can sit your stuff (hats, bags, drinks, etc.) at your feet by the swing since when it stops it will end exactly where it began. That is a nice touch! My family is at the park today as well. I am at home since I hurt my back on my job I can't ride any roller coasters anyway until cleared to return to work so I might as well avoid temptation. The Ninja was fully operational and it's usual ornery self and wrecking backs and necks all across the park. Finally saw the iLuminate show and it was a well put together show and a great addition to the park. Also noticed that the Looney Tunes characters seemed to really be out in force greeting the guests. Much more than previous years. My wife just texted me and said that Pepe LePew just sat next to her at Dare Devil Dive and spent a few minutes mimicking her every movement. Things like that are examples of the little things that make a visit to a theme park fun. It's not always coasters and thrills.

If I had a complaint about Six Flags it would be that getting a refill on the yearly souvenir glass is almost impossible until around 11:30am. (The park opens at 10:30 for regular guests and 10am for Gold pass members.) They need to remember that it is already pretty warm in the hot sun in Georgia that early and hydration is an important key to the enjoyment of the park all day in the heat. Most of the concessions didn't even open until 11:30am at least in Gotham City where we were at the time. Not to leave on a bad note...the new for 2013 policy allowing people to purchase a new wristband for their previously purchased 2013 Souvenir cup for $3.99 for all day instead of .99 cents each refill is very nice and a great change. No more messing around trying to get your money out for every refill. Thank you Six Flags Mgmt. for that!

Attending the park again on the 17th and 18th (There is an event on the 17th) but hopefully it won't be too crowded since I am guessing that a lot of the guests will be enjoying the concerts...

Lets just hope the weather turns out fine for that weekend, last time we couldn't fully enjoy the park on our last day because it rained

When does school start in ATL? Aug 7th?

Will it be pretty comfy on those days?

^ Yes, school starts in the Atlanta area on August 7th, also, expect large crowds, just because there's a concert doesn't mean people won't be enjoying the park.

Anyways I went to White Water a few days ago, and I have a mini trip report for you!

It was very crowded, which makes sense considering how this has been the only sunny week in all of summer here. Lines for the major rides were 1 hour-2 hours while the smaller, medium sized ones were 45 minutes at the most. The trip was cut short by thunderstorms, as if the thunder gods don't want us to ever have fun. I still got to ride the new hotness, Typhoon Twister, which is my first proslide bowl slide.

Rides Ridden: Typhoon Twister

Cliffhanger

Tidal Wave

Three Slide Body Flume

My review of Typhoon Twister: I may be overrating this slide a little, just because it was my first bowl slide, and I also went down the drop backwards. So onwards, Typhoon Twister is an awesome ride and a great addition to the family of waterslides at White Water. The drop is equally scary and fun (especially going down backwards) and the bowl makes you really feel like you're in a typhoon. I also like the color scheme a lot, really fits into the landscape. But one thing I hate about it is that you have to lug that huge tube up a hill to get to the ride, and also that there isn't a single rider line.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure what they plan on doing for 2014 and have not heard anything concrete. Someone I was talking to a couple of years ago who correctly predicted a new flat in 2013 (SkyScreamer) seemed convinced of a coaster for 2014. Would be great if it turned out to be one.