TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

One of my friends is going to SFOG on Saturday May 4 and I was wondering if anyone here knows if it will be crowed that day and if I should avoid going.

^^ sorry to hear about that, from my one experience at SFOG in the rain, all but GASM and ninja were running for coasters but most of the small flat rides were running and it was raining pretty hard at times.

So because of the season passes, we decided to go on Sat to process them as well as get a feel for the parking, park, and overall timing....everything went very smooth! Goliath was down this weekend, but I am happy to say we got on everything else! on the first day we couldn't ride Superman but took advantage of it first thing on Sunday, we rode it twice in a row! then it started raining but we got on a few things here and there, but going twice definitely helped, I would like to go back in August, when is a great time? any recommendations?

Since I just experienced this, I can try and help anyone with any questions

^I'm pretty sure Wikipedia and random websites don't count as sources. If you want I can edit the Wiki page to say its never closing, I'll also add that there will be an Aquatrax added for the 2014 season.

^Hahaha! I guess I didn't think that one through well enough! Lol. But have you heard anything about future attractions coming in 2014???

Cannot wait for the 2014 Wing coaster that is supposed to replace Ninja! The coaster will be 135 ft tall!

Unknown 2014 B&M wing coaster Cotton States Ride will replace ninja standing at 135ft. At the end of the 2013 season Ninja will be removed and replaced with a wing coaster in 2014 standing at 135ft reaching speeds of 58mph.

Got this off of Wikipedia, I am 99.9 percent sure it is fake!

And Ninja is now deleted off of the list of roller coasters.

Saw this as well:

2014: B&M wing coaster, in 2014 sixflags over Georgia will introduce its very on custome modeled B&M wing coaster. Name currently unknown. This new coaster will stand 135ft and reach speeds of 58mph. This attraction will replace the former Vekoma looping coaster Ninja. The park will also remodel acrophobia into Lex Luther's Drop of Doom, adding 60ft to the current tower. The park will also bring in 2 new themed restaurants and do major park upgrades.

2015: sixflags over Georgia will transform Gotham city into DC Universe and will also add a intamin zacspin coaster: Green Lantern First Flight.

The park will also build a new shooting gallery dark ride. Stats currently Unknown.

Somebody be trollin'.

Cannot wait for the 2014 Wing coaster that is supposed to replace Ninja! The coaster will be 135 ft tall!

Unknown 2014 B&M wing coaster Cotton States Ride will replace ninja standing at 135ft. At the end of the 2013 season Ninja will be removed and replaced with a wing coaster in 2014 standing at 135ft reaching speeds of 58mph.

Got this off of Wikipedia, I am 99.9 percent sure it is fake!

And Ninja is now deleted off of the list of roller coasters.

Saw this as well:

2014: B&M wing coaster, in 2014 sixflags over Georgia will introduce its very on custome modeled B&M wing coaster. Name currently unknown. This new coaster will stand 135ft and reach speeds of 58mph. This attraction will replace the former Vekoma looping coaster Ninja. The park will also remodel acrophobia into Lex Luther's Drop of Doom, adding 60ft to the current tower. The park will also bring in 2 new themed restaurants and do major park upgrades.

2015: sixflags over Georgia will transform Gotham city into DC Universe and will also add a intamin zacspin coaster: Green Lantern First Flight.

The park will also build a new shooting gallery dark ride. Stats currently Unknown.

Somebody be trollin'.

Lol I highly doubt any of that! Although it would be nice. But we all know for some odd reason six flags won't remove ninja no matter how many bad reports and complaints are made!

If only this were true regarding the replacement for Ninja!

Seriously, I would love to see SFOG get a B&M Wing Coaster, either an X-Flight clone or better yet, something with a totally new and unique layout. I can see that happening at some point in the future.

If only this were true regarding the replacement for Ninja!

Seriously, I would love to see SFOG get a B&M Wing Coaster, either an X-Flight clone or better yet, something with a totally new and unique layout. I can see that happening at some point in the future.

I totally agree! That would be amazing. I just don't understand why they just won't take it out! Especially since it has been down for a while now. And plus I know that they have gotten an extremely high amounts of complaints for that ride.

We could still use a few more riders...

Hey Atlanta area TPR Members! We need riders for Six Flags Over Georgia's SkyScreamer Media Event on May 9th!

You'll be riding this awesome ride for the media shoots and there is a very good chance you might be interviewed for local television news stations! Media days are fun and exciting, and we need many enthusiastic people!

We need riders to be available as early as 9am on May 9th and to stay as late as possible.

This is open to EVERYONE. ALL AGES! If you can make the media day, please send an email to robbalvey@themeparkreview.com with the following information and put "SFOG Media Day" in the subject:

- Your Full Name

- Your TPR Forum Screen Name or Club TPR Member Number

- Your Age

- If you are male or female

- Your email address

- Your mailing address

- Your Phone Number

- A little something about yourself

- A picture is always helpful!

We have a limited number of spots available and we will contact you if you have made the list. You MUST be a member of Theme Park Review - If you have a friend or a guest you want to bring, you MUST send me their contact details within your email. Guests will have to be approved by us before they will be allowed to attend the event. You must be 48" to ride SkyScreamer.

Sending the email does NOT automatically mean you made the cut for the media day! We will contact you if you have made the list. Also, remember this is a "MEDIA DAY" and *NOT* an "ERT SESSION", and while at many media days you may get to ride a lot, there is always a good amount of "hurry up and wait", as that's just how things are.

We want to provide the park with VERY ENTHUSIASTIC people who want to be part of this exciting experience. You also need to be a patient person and have a flexible schedule. People who complain or have a low tolerance for waiting around should not sign up for this media day.

That's it! Send me your email and have an AWESOME time!

--Robb

These are some of my opinions on how sfog should expand there future attractions list. Photo credits to google earth.

image.thumb.jpg.8de53e6c681378191b2590fd78806ca1.jpg

They should tear down the axis arena since its unused and build maybe a dive machine since its foot print doesn't take up that much spac and theme it after green lantern.

image.thumb.jpg.b52f14a66b73fab2902abe0b690b4c56.jpg

I think sfog should utilize this area! Take down ninja and build a new wing coaster.

From my understanding Goliath was down for 'maintenance' !

Hopefully I'll catch it on my next trip!

Alright I will look into going in September, I don't mind the heat, I am from the caribbean and I currently live in Orl very bipolar weather lol but again I will take your advice, my worry is more of the attendance and not being able to enjoy it as much, and well the weather, but not much I can do..

If I weren't so deathly afraid of swinging around 200+ feet in the air I'd totally sign up for the media event. I wish there were some more low-to-the-ground thrill rides at the park. Hopefully we'll get some soon.

Lol I highly doubt any of that! Although it would be nice. But we all know for some odd reason six flags won't remove ninja no matter how many bad reports and complaints are made!

With the chain issue that Ninja has now, they wouldn't be fixing it if they were just going to replace now. I think the repair work by itself shows it isn't going anywhere for a few years.. not that I ever believed it would.

Has anyone else heard any rumors about Acrophobia closing at the end of the season,?? Also has anyone heard any rumors or speculations as far as the 2014 season coming up?

Nope, but I did just get a new attraction survey from them. Not sure I can comment on the questions they were asking, but in my comments I suggested they add an RMC coaster. With the amazing work it looks like RMC is doing, would love to see something from them at SFoG.

Has anyone else heard any rumors about Acrophobia closing at the end of the season,?? Also has anyone heard any rumors or speculations as far as the 2014 season coming up?

Nope, but I did just get a new attraction survey from them. Not sure I can comment on the questions they were asking, but in my comments I suggested they add an RMC coaster. With the amazing work it looks like RMC is doing, would love to see something from them at SFoG.

I took the survey too. I wonder how they got my email as I've only been to one Six Flags park (Magic Mountain) and I've never owned a pass.