TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Hotel booked

Season passes purchased

Can't wait!

So I read about a few other things maybe you guys can clarify...

Offsite parking that runs about $5-$10? I read some are a longer walk some a closer walk?

Park opening around 30 min early to keep the incoming crowds flowing?

(I plan on making good timing regardless but this would be great)

There are some paid parking lots (including the Wingate Hotel which has some dedicated paid parking) on the first road to your right as you go under the interstate. I think it is called S. Service Road or something like that. Basically, you head towards the Wingate and the parking lots are on both sides. Obviously, the further down that road you go, the further you will have to walk.

We stayed at the Wingate before and it is actually a quicker walk to the front gate than the regular parking due to the location of the entrance.

Edited by ernierocker

Offsite parking that runs about $5-$10? I read some are a longer walk some a closer walk?

Your information on the offsite parking is correct. The Wingate has is for $10 for all day and if you go just to the next hotel past the Wingate, the Howard Johnson has parking for $5 for the whole day as well and it is basically the same distance from the park as the Wingate. (hlaf the price for almost literally the same lot) It's only a 5 minute walk, max. That's what we do whenever we go because $30 or whatever they charge for parking is insane. If you park at the hotel, I would say it is actually about the same walking distance as if you parked your car in the regular Six Flags lot, that's just how close it is.

As for the park opening early, I haven't heard anything, ever, of the park opening early to better control the crowds. If you heard somewhere else, I would actually be interested in seeing that source because that's something I might want to do sometime. Or I would at least want to know to get there 30 minutes early.

As for the park opening early, I haven't heard anything, ever, of the park opening early to better control the crowds. If you heard somewhere else, I would actually be interested in seeing that source because that's something I might want to do sometime. Or I would at least want to know to get there 30 minutes early.

if you have the gold season pass, one of the perks listed for this year is early access to the park. i contacted them to find out what that means and they said they woudl allow gold pass holders in 10 minutes before general opening. So if somebody was talking about letting people in early that MIGHT me what they were talking about but it isn't to control crowds, but just a perk for the higher level season pass.

if you have the gold season pass, one of the perks listed for this year is early access to the park. i contacted them to find out what that means and they said they woudl allow gold pass holders in 10 minutes before general opening. So if somebody was talking about letting people in early that MIGHT me what they were talking about but it isn't to control crowds, but just a perk for the higher level season pass.

Have they done anything like this in the past-I've never heard I then doing anything like this.

The park will generally open the front gates 15-20 minutes prior to posted opening time. Guests would be allowed in the Promenade, British and Georgia Sections at this time, with the rest of the park being accessible at the posted opening.

Have they done anything like this in the past-I've never heard I then doing anything like this.

It is a new perk this year. In fact, I think the gold pass itself is new this year.

From the national site. The VIP entry is the early entry provision.

Introducing the Gold Pass

Most Six Flags parks have just launched the new GOLD PASS which includes FREE free parking with every pass, good at all Six Flags Theme Parks. You'll also get VIP entry into the park and an extra Bring-A-Friend Free ticket.

It is a new perk this year. In fact, I think the gold pass itself is new this year.

Most Six Flags parks have just launched the new GOLD PASS which includes FREE free parking with every pass, good at all Six Flags Theme Parks. You'll also get VIP entry into the park and an extra Bring-A-Friend Free ticket.

Does anyone know if this is going on at any other Six Flags parks too?

All of them, if I'm not mistaken.

it is just about all of them, if not all of them. I got the gold pass for the free parking (which can add up over a season) but the 10 minutes early entry is a petty nice additional perk. I will definitely take advantage of that next Saturday.

Who is going to be at opening day this weekend? I'll be there!

Let us know how the crowds are; I hear its usually horrendous on opening weekend. Especially with the nice weather we've been having lately. It's going to be 70 again this weekend.

Will do. SFOG tends to attract a LOT of school/church groups that come in by the bus load early in the season. Everybody and their mom will probably be there Saturday. Hopefully Sunday won't be AS bad.

Let us know how the crowds are; I hear its usually horrendous on opening weekend. Especially with the nice weather we've been having lately. It's going to be 70 again this weekend.

Will do. SFOG tends to attract a LOT of school/church groups that come in by the bus load early in the season. Everybody and their mom will probably be there Saturday. Hopefully Sunday won't be AS bad.

I think I saw there is some cheerleading thing going on for the 16th as well so there is a huge group right there.

I thought the same thing last season, but it almost seems as if Saturdays are less crowded. There are a lot more church groups there on Sunday. They probably have their service in the morning and then everyone gets on the bus and heads over there. The other thing is that the kids that play sports will most likely have a game on a Saturday rather than a Sunday. So hopefully the families that would be willing to go would want to go on a Sunday rather than go on a Saturday and miss their son or daughter's sporting event. No doubt it's probably going to be crowded on opening day; my advice would be to hit Goliath and then go back to Superman first. Those are the most crowded at any point during the day. Mindbender is a great ride and what's really nice is that there won't be many people wanting to ride it later in the day, from about 4 o'clock on, so I would wait for Mindbender.