TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

I have a few questions about Atlanta/SFOG- I'll be flying down to Atl on 9-22 to catch Pearl Jam at Music Midtown in Piedmont Park. I booked the return for late Sunday, figuring that while I'm down there I may as well get a few rides in before being homeward bound.

What I'm most interested in is to find a reasonably priced hotel/motel near the airport and Piedmont Park that offers some sort of shuttle service to the park and back- the caveat being that it's not exactly peak season, so I'm not sure if places that might offer this during the summer continue doing so in the fall. I'm not renting a car, so visiting the park depends entirely on finding something that can take me there and back, or if it's within reason- a taxi.

There are no hotels that will provide a free shuttle to the park from those locations - Piedmont Park and Hartsfield-Jackson Int'l are both ~15 miles from the park. Like the previous poster said, you can take MARTA from both of these locations to the park - make your way to the Blue Line and go to HE Holmes Station - then you can take a bus shuttle to the park. However, this is a bit time-consuming. A taxi will cost you about $40 each way.

Six Flags Over Georgia has released their plans for Fright Fest 2012:

Fearful Frights

Dr. Fright's Frightorium - Deranged madman, Dr. Fright, continues his unethical attempts in reanimating the dead. Visit his ghastly workstation but beware of experiments gone wrong that supposedly wander the halls. Not recommended for the weak of heart. (Additional fee required).

Terror Train - All aboard for what may be the most terrifying ride of your life. Terror will find you here, as you travel on a locomotive along the outskirts of a decrepit ghost town, aptly dubbed “Bloodtown." Learn of the legends that haunt the very path you will travel, legends of a family that refused to leave after the town died and the horror stories that surround how the family has survived after all these years... (Additional fee required)

The Last Ride - Dare to experience the sensation of being buried alive. Those brave enough to attempt the unthinkable will be treated to an earth-shattering peek into the life that follows death.

Road Rage Cage - A supernatural event in October of 1967 is blamed for a traffic accident that left a dozen people dead when every car’s headlights mysteriously went out at the same time. The accident took place just outside the gates of Six Flags America. The spirits of the dead are said to return every year to the spot of the tragedy, and are often spotted late at night haunting the Dodge City Bumper Cars. This October, buckle up on Road Rage Cage and experience driving through fog, heavy metal music and flashing lights as you try desperately to keep control of the wheel.

Monstertainment

Baron Von Vile's Minion Call - There are reasons you should be afraid of the dark. Beware of those who lurk in the shadows. These terrible creatures answer to one being: Baron Von Vile. Nightly he calls on these beasts and unleashes them into the world. Do you dare join the ceremony?

NEW! Captain & Maybelle - Get ready to cringe and laugh at the new Monstertainment at Six Flags Over Georgia. The traveling troupe is sure to be frightfully entertaining.

Grouchy Griswold: Insult Comic - Grouchy Griswold has a problem. One that he is not afraid to tell you about in great detail. Here is a hint… it’s you! Come watch the belittlement, embarrassment and hilarity as Grouchy insults his audience. Who knows, you might just be a part of the show!

NEW! Dr. Fright's Deadman's Party - Dr. Fright is back. With his return comes this terrifyingly twisted show that has risen from the dead - Dr. Fright's Dead Man's Party. Your name is on the guest list as the Crystal Pistol Music Hall is transformed into an evil, haunted showcase filled will demented, frightful party goers that are ready to make you their next victim.

Spine Chilling Adventures

Siren Sky Coaster - It may seem like the safest place at the park, but it isn't. The Sky Coaster is the home of the Sirens, beautiful, captivating creatures who quickly and painfully suck your brains out.

Mind Blender - Leeches suck your blood. Snakes lick your eyes. And bats will fight each other for an unpunctured bit of your flesh.

Scream Machine Cthulhu Surprise - Right below the entrance of the Great American Scream Machine a porthole descends to another dimension. What crawls out in the night is stinky, sinewy, and awfully fond of human flesh.

Secret Ninja Labs - A failed park lab experiment has resulted in thousands of cuddly white rats developing an insatiable taste for human flesh (especially teens).

The Goliath Witch - Beneath Goliath lies the remains of a witch who destroyed a thriving town and left a terrible curse for anyone who dares to set foot on the property.

Dare Devil Doom - Dare Devil Dive's steep drop may be one of the biggest new thrills at the park, but it is also the premier residence in the park for angry, disillusioned spirits whose only joy in death is tormenting riders in the most painful ways imaginable.

Infested Georgia Scorcher - The Georgia Scorcher has become home to millions of man-eating insects who have a particular craving for young flesh. Young skin – once smooth – bubbles, crusts and erupts with sores that itch, ooze, and contaminate.

Dahlonega Terror Train - The Dahlonega Mine Train used to be one of the most profitable gold and silver mines in the southeast until a terrible incident that caused hundreds of men to disappear.

Acrophobia Monster Tower - The greatest scientific minds in Atlanta have gone mad trying to understand the deadly and befuddling mystery hidden deep within one of the most scariest and brain melting drop towers in the world.

Gotham City Crime Wave - A secret toxic dump right behind Gotham City Crime Wave is producing animals that crave human flesh. Rare. A bowl of shiny eyeballs to pop in their throats, like olives. Soup made from the blood and fluids of thrill-seekers.

Wheelie Orc Chefs - There is a nest of Orc chefs living beneath Wheelie. The delectable culinary creations they create for our park guests make for fine eating.

More info found at: Six Flags Over Georgia's Fright Fest

Infested Georgia Scorcher - The Georgia Scorcher has become home to millions of man-eating insects who have a particular craving for young flesh. Young skin – once smooth – bubbles, crusts and erupts with sores that itch, ooze, and contaminate.

We have enough Man-Eating bugs already! There's no need to add more!

Road Rage Cage - A supernatural event in October of 1967 is blamed for a traffic accident that left a dozen people dead when every car’s headlights mysteriously went out at the same time. The accident took place just outside the gates of Six Flags America. The spirits of the dead are said to return every year to the spot of the tragedy, and are often spotted late at night haunting the Dodge City Bumper Cars. This October, buckle up on Road Rage Cage and experience driving through fog, heavy metal music and flashing lights as you try desperately to keep control of the wheel.

Six Flags America? Huh?

2013 - Sky Screamer - (9/14/12) It’s been fairly well confirmed now that the new Sky Screamer will indeed replace the Wheelie. Due to the park’s proximity to the nearby airport and hilly terrain, the height limit of the rides placed around the park are determined by their location. According to the basic examples I’ve been told (these are estimates, not hard numbers) the height limit near the front of the park is around 170ft, near Goliath’s lift hill it’s around 200 ft but in the back of the park where the flooding is typically the worst, the height limit is 240 ft, which is perfect for Sky Screamer.

Another sources did some checking with the FAA to look into building requests in the area and found a new one posted the same week the ride was announced, with coordinates that zero right in on the current Wheelie ride’s location.

So now that we know where Sky Screamer is supposed to go, the quest is what will happen to Wheelie? Will the park remove this classic ride or opt to relocate it to a new location in the park?

Source: Screamscape

Why not Ninja!?!?! Why remove a Schwarzkopf?

From what I see at the park, Wheelie can get lines as long as some of the main coasters. It's also a lot of peoples favorite non coaster ride. I don't think they would remove such a popular ride, but you never know...

That's how Wagon Wheel at Fiesta Texas was but with Iron Rattler announced, it seems as if Wagon Wheel's removal had nothing to do with Iron Rattler (atleast directly...). I mean i could understand why they'd remove it for construction but permanently? I hate how Six Flags is starting to remove some of their better flat rides.

Here's his quote from when the ride was announced:

We haven't announced where in the park it will be (more to come later this season)... but I bet a few people on here can figure out the general area. I can say that the top of the ride will be within 2-feet of Goliath's lift height when you take into consideration the elevation change in the park.

Typhoon Twister will be located near the Activity Pool at SFWW (adjacent to First Aid / Season Pass Processing).

The fact the park won't say where it is being built buy did announce where SFWW's new slide is going kind of says it all....