TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Six Flags over Georgia has announced that the final performances of the new iLluminate show will take place on Sunday, August 12th in the park’s Crystal Pistol Music Hall. You still have time to see it, as iLluminate will perform every day except on Tuesdays between now and Aug. 12th.

Source: Screamscape

Looks like it will be over the day after DSB.

Ok so my trip to Six Flags got pushed up to this Wensday(August,1st), so does anyone know if the park will be crowded?

Get to the park when it first opens and head to the very back of the park. Ride the Scream Machine,Superman and Ninja. After that head on over to Gotham and ride Batman and Mindbender. Then use the rest of the day to ride all the other rides and attractions. DDD will have a 30-45 min wait all day. If you plan to see the Iluminate show get in line 45min before showtime.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I had an interesting experience at SFOG!!I went to the park two times and the first time was defiantly better than my second...

Well the first time was amazing!! The lines were short, almost everything was up to the station!!Scorcher was running really good!! Goliath was much better than my last visit. Batman was smooth, Mindbender reminded me how much I loved Schwarzkopf. GASM hurt like hell, Ninja tried to kill me...Superman was fun in the last row. And I finally got my Agoraphobia credit. DDD was....Mehh!! I mean it was smooth and all but nothing special to me!! At the end of the day the only ride I didn't ride was cyclone..

My second time was just awful!! At first it stared off amazing. I got my cyclone credit which it tricked me...The first drop was really smooth and I though the entire ride was gonna be smooth.... was I wrong or what!! And After that I got like 7 rides on Goliath. After that it was about 2 And I headed for Batman then it started to rain...very lightly for about 10 minutes and while I was walking I herd thunder. And as soon as I get in line I here people saying they closed it...Now the rain stopped and the sun came out ....but no rides were open and the didn't open for the rest of the day!!! Now me angry and frustrated I asked someone wouldn't they open any rides before they closed ( which was like in a hour ) and he said he didn't think so because they had to go through 30 mins of testing and no rides were testing... So we just left!! I gotta say I was very disappointed with SFOG at that point...

But overall it is a very good park!! The only thing I didn't like was those dreadful hills they really drain you!!!

I was at SFOG once when it was raining (on a Saturday) and GASM, mine train, and Ninja (I don't know if any others were running at the time)were running with people during the rain which was heavy for a few minutes and then drizzled for an hour. when I finally got on GASM it had stopped raining but I did get a ride on the mine train in the rain.

Bad enough that I did not reride.

I was in the first row of the 4th or 5th car.

That's unfortunate GASM was my 5th favorite coaster at SFOG last year.

I was at SFOG once when it was raining (on a Saturday) and GASM, mine train, and Ninja (I don't know if any others were running at the time)were running with people during the rain which was heavy for a few minutes and then drizzled for an hour. when I finally got on GASM it had stopped raining but I did get a ride on the mine train in the rain.
Bad enough that I did not reride.

I was in the first row of the 4th or 5th car.

That's unfortunate GASM was my 5th favorite coaster at SFOG last year.

GASM - in the front or on a non-wheel seat is still an amazing ride.

As far as the height of a new SkyScreamer - 200ft is about the max SFoG can do since it is in the flight path of a small regional airport.

Maybe the Skyscreamer will go where the old Batman Stunt show Was before?

On another note, I was wondering if anyone who went to Deep South Bash got a chance to ask any questions to park reps? I went last year and there was a great Q & A session before the nighttime ERT. I know Rocky Mountain Coasters has said that their planned projects are an iron horse (Rattler) and an original (Outlaw Run), but I wonder if Cyclone might be on the list for next year too. Six flags states they have a budget to work with each year for a particular attraction and hopefully, they'll have the budget to add more topper track to the Cyclone. I really enjoyed the work that they did so far.

^It's an absolute must. Everyone knows I like rough woodies, and even I hated that ride.

A couple of us got a hint about SkyScreamer at DSB. We were talking to a random employee who mentioned he used to work at Carowinds and pointedly asked about their Windseeker. It wasn't hard to put two and two together.