TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Robocoaster 3D CAD Model Video

Sometimes in my job as a CAD engineer I get to have a little fun. Today, in order to get more practice with kinematics, I challenged myself to create a working simulation of a Kuka robotic arm roller coaster. In order to save time I used the car from my cantilevered roller coaster simulations and download a robotic arm from Kuka’s website. The purpose was more to show proof of concept that this was possible to create with the software. Inspired by the Harry Potter attraction at Universal.

robo2_1.jpg.fd08e35fc3ab7121b76ab2a4540fe2b0.jpg

robo2_4.jpg.2e5dfeee017877ff91a0d6f10ffb2d51.jpg

robo3_1.jpg.c5dc7aeed1af37b4ea0f954df41d4f63.jpg

robo3_2.jpg.5586e413fded3759da2fae0a9e76dc2e.jpg

robocoaster2.jpg.7596275b7acb7bd8781f5e9b89c2745c.jpg

robocoaster5.jpg.f348b4aa0cc4138baa14cf5f1aeb95fd.jpg

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I like the bench seating that HP has compared to this, just because when I think of the screen section I'd hate to see someone in front of me.

Nonetheless this is still insanely impressive! A few questions, is that how HP's screen works it's just one screen? I thought there were two screens for the cars, also does HP's track look like that at curves as well or is it all just flat?

I've ridden HP a few times and can tell a few of the technicalities but those are things I'm just curious about.

Thanks, and amazing, seriously amazing work!

- Oreo

Thanks for the kind words! I've never been on Harry Potter but from all the pictures and video I've seen there are multiple domes (four?) on each turntable, and I think there are three turntables located throughout the ride. It also appears that HP's track is flat with no banking and doesn't change elevation but again I'm not totally sure. I agree that the single bench of seats would be better but for my model I didn't have a lot of time to design a new car so I just used the car from my cantilevered coaster simulations.