TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

100th Credit: Steel Eel or Boardwalk Bullet?

Hey.

For my 100th Credit, I am still disputing on which ride to set the mark for me. Since I will be visiting Kemah after Sea World San Antonio, I can make Steel Eel my 100th credit by going to SFMM and riding Road Runner Express, which I have not been on. I've heard BB is very rough and uncomfortable. While it looks smooth to me, apparently the seat dividers make it extremely painful. I have heard great things about Steel Eel and it looks like it has good airtime. I really don't want my 100th credit to be disappointing, so helping me choose the better one would be very helpful.

Thanks,

- J

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't ridden the Boardwalk Bullet, but I don't remember too much about Steel Eel. Most Morgan hypercoasters have the same "feel" to me.

Can you sneak off to SFOT and ride NTAG? That would be an awesome 100th coaster!

I haven't ridden the Boardwalk Bullet, but I don't remember too much about Steel Eel. Most Morgan hypercoasters have the same "feel" to me.

Can you sneak off to SFOT and ride NTAG? That would be an awesome 100th coaster!

Im going east to west, so I will have ridden that already.

I actually am the type to go for kiddie coasters as milestones, so I would go with Shamu Express!

I rate Steel Eel more highly than Boardwalk Bullet, but they're both respectable rides which I was happy to re-ride and even marathon. Steel Eel didn't seem rough, but the ejector airtime can hurt a bit as you fly into the lapbar.

Boardwalk Bullet is fairly rough. There is a jolt after the first drop, especially in the back, that I would strongly suggest bracing for. But the ride does have a great layout as you'd expect from TGG, and a bit of quality airtime early on.

I actually am the type to go for kiddie coasters as milestones, so I would go with Shamu Express!

LISTEN TO HER!!!

She has a vagina.

Most important lesson to be leaned in life...

When someone who has a vagina tells you to do something... DAMMIT! YOU DO IT!!!!

LISTEN TO HER!!!

She has a vagina.

Most important lesson to be leaned in life...

When someone who has a vagina tells you to do something... DAMMIT! YOU DO IT!!!!

HAHA ok. I will do it. I will post a picture of me holding up a 100 sign in front of all the little kids. /NERD

IDEA!

Also write to the park to see if they can do anything special for you when you ride your 100th roller coaster, Shamu Express!

Personally, I would ride the Steel Eel. You will be able to find a shirt your size.

Boardwalk Bullet is fairly rough. There is a jolt after the first drop, especially in the back, that I would strongly suggest bracing for. But the ride does have a great layout as you'd expect from TGG, and a bit of quality airtime early on.

When did you ride it, it has gone through SOOO many winter maintenance sessions/minor profile changes since it was built causing the ride experience to change quite dramatically about 4 times now. I rode it last week and it was not bad at all. The first year had that nasty jolt in the back seat that you talked about, which was tamed quite a bit in the next year and has been eliminated since then.

It has been riding pretty well ever since last years winter maintenance, and even better since this years pre-sping break maintenance. It is at least 50% less rough than it was during the first year. Very easy ride in the front seat, the back seat is still aggressive but won't hurt you like it once did.

I'd go with Bullet for some of the same reasons Texcoaster stated, its at a nice park on the bay where you can get a nice dinner after and re-rides are usually very easy if you hit it at non peak hours. Steel Eel was much more fun than I thought it would be, if they didn't trim it as much it would be a blast on those last hills.

Sounds good, will do.

Thanks for the help guys. I posted this question on other forums, but all they did was tell me that credits are stupid. I'm glad I posted this on a forum where most of the people are credit savvy too.

Thanks for the help.