TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Roller Coaster Drum Kit

Imhotep

I thought everyone might be interested in seeing this. As an enthusiast and a drummer, I wish I would have come up with this idea and had the funds to implement it! Here is more information

Source: Pearl Drums

Motley Crue kicks off their 2011 Summer tour in Dallas.

Known for his over the top drum solos, Tommy Lee takes everything to a whole new level this year! Last night, everyone at the Gexa Energy Pavilion in Dallas were the first to experience Tommy's customized clear e-Pro Live Roller Coaster Kit. This is his first tour behind a Pearl kit since coming back to the roster in April. This unique kit will perform a 360º while Tommy is performing along with various tracks.

The crowd was ishocked and excited to hear, "Each night I'm going to pick someone out of the audience to ride this!" Crue fan, Terry, was the "first victim" and had the best seat in the house for the next two and a half minutes! "You guys give him a hand cause he's about to f****** puke!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Myy7VRkzXVo

Pretty awesome, eh?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems too gimmicky for me. Like Joey Jordison's sideways spinning drum set. It's cool, but really pointless.

On a side note: I would hate to be the guy in charge of setting that up and taking it down.

You're right and thats the point. Not every drummer could handle this rig either, or play upsideown/sideways period so thats cool to see.

I'd love to be the guy in charge of setting up and taking this down. He prob makes a ton of money for supervising and has a team that does all the hard work That being said, its probably 1000 times easier to set this up than Ray Luzier's (Korn) kit or Terry Bozzio's monstrosity!

On a side note: I would hate to be the guy in charge of setting that up and taking it down.

If the stage for the Super Bowl halftime show can be built and taken down in a matter of minutes, I'm sure this is even quicker. They probably have it down to a science.

Seems too gimmicky for me. Like Joey Jordison's sideways spinning drum set. It's cool, but really pointless.

But it forms a pentagram... which is awesome as F*** to see live. This rules, but not a fan of hair metal much... although I do like some crue songs.