TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR CHALLENGE: TEH BIG DIPPER

Not long after I took over operations of the park, Prince Desmond called me and gave me an address. It was a huge warehouse. He took me inside, and strewn about were various coaster parts. Most looked to be Arrow, many stacks of lumber, and a pile of Schwarzkopf track. He then proceeded to tell me what it all was.....

"The orange and black track, it's a Bat from the Island of Kings!"

"The wood, it came from a Hurricane!"

"Then ones of blue, black and red, those came from many places, I'm not sure how they go together, but you can figure it out, I'm sure"

"The blue and green, along with the white, were made of lightning!"

"The blue and yellow, I'm told, came from a large snake!"

He then told me that these NEEDED to go along side Teh Big Dipper, where they can live once again. Desmond gave me no blueprints, just some old photos to work from. Teh Bat was fairly easy, as all the parts were there. Python was simple as well. The wood had to be brought in with a fleet of pickup trucks to the park, some from Florida. The Schwarzkopf parts were from two shuttle loops. One was whole. The other was just a loop, so I merged the two rides. As I strolled trough the remaining Arrow parts, I start to figure it out. The first drop/inversion of Drachen Fire, the boomerang of The Great American Scream Machine, assorted parts from the Steel Phantom, the interlocking loops of The Orient Express and the corkscrews of Shockwave. Desmond had been saving more than just Teh Big Dipper. This would not be easy. Vintage Gardens in Game ExchangeDesmond has saved more than just teh Big Dipper.......

Get it here:

http://themeparkreview.com/game_exchange/track.php?id=2214

SCR1.BMP

SCR2.BMP

Teh Bat from the Island of Kings!!!11one1!

SCR3.BMP

The Dania Beach Hurricane rides again!

SCR4.BMP

Had trouble funding the park, had to lease some land to a traveling fair. They didn't take good care of the property.

SCR5.BMP

Broken Arrow, the merging of several thought to be lost rides.

SCR6.BMP

Python, an Arrow shuttle, thrills riders again.

SCR7.BMP

Greased White Lightnin', two classics, now as one!

SCR8.BMP

The fair. Wanted to kick them out, but they brought in too much money.

Edited by Mantaeus

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't want to enter this challenge because I didn't had the time.. but now I'm sick at home, so here's my park!

The Challenge itself wasn't that difficult, but the placement of the ride itself is horrible Couldn't you place The Big Dipper somewhere along the side of the park?

Ah well, I think I did a pretty good job so here it goes

SCR27.BMP

The Entry

SCR28.BMP

There's a small square where you can find some shops and information desks

SCR29.BMP

but you can take a left turn when you enter the park before the square. This is where you'll find Elf Forrest

SCR30.BMP

When you press Enter 2 times, you'll get this view of the Splash-A-Palooza

SCR31.BMP

This is what I did to the station building of TEH BIG DIPPER. I placed another Woody right next to it

SCR33.BMP

Told Ya, its another woody :D

SCR32.BMP

My least favorite part of the park :( time was catching up on me

SCR34.BMP

The Mine Themed part of the park, with a drop tower, a simulator (simulating a mine accident) inside the mountains and a mine rollercoaster

SCR35.BMP

and the last coaster is a looping coaster :)

SCR36.BMP

Overview

So thats it, Good luck to everyone who has yet to finish their parks! Most of the entries look awesome already

Download:

http://themeparkreview.com/game_exchange/track.php?id=2219

Here is my entry into Teh Big Dipper Challenge

Game Exchange File

With Vintage Acres, I really wanted to preserve Prince Desmond's Ideas and keep all of the rides here, no matter how badly placed the were, except for Teh Big Dipper of Course. So I managed to work around them and create some really good attractions to keep the peeps flying in, and to forever worship Teh Prince Desmond.

Good Luck to Everyone and Happy Voting!

SCR11.BMP

Overview of the park, HINT: Look at the bottom boat hire for a TPR reference, also some of the attraction names are funny!

SCR13.BMP

Yay Completion!

SCR8.BMP

Teh Twisty Dipper!

SCR10.BMP

Majubakin's Chocolate Logs

I didn't want to enter this challenge because I didn't had the time.. but now I'm sick at home, so here's my park!

The Challenge itself wasn't that difficult, but the placement of the ride itself is horrible Couldn't you place The Big Dipper somewhere along the side of the park?

Well, for one thing, I wanted people to SEE the Glory of Teh Big Dipper as Prince Desmond would have wanted it. Had I placed it along the sides of the park, it wouldn't have been nearly as great a place!

I'm quite pleased so far with the number of people who've submitted parks in this challenge, but I'd like to see MORE people enter!

Remember this:

1.) YOU HAVE ONE FULL WEEK LEFT TO PLAY

2.) TWO TPR BAGS OF CRAP ARE ON THE LINE HERE- PLUS ONE WITH A SET OF PRINCE DESMOND COASTERS!

Also: In order to be considered a 'valid' entry into my challenge, you must upload your park as a SAVED GAME file- not a Scenario file. R.D. E-mailed me that one of the entrants is in a SCENARIO file- and that won't pass muster with me! Saved games only, friends.

I will say some parks i've seen hit what I wanted to see perfectly- and some parks, well, close but NOT quite! Keep trying, folks- you have one full week to play!

C.P.M.

Yes, I'm me. Now that I'm not doing much hardcore Rct, I like to occasionally play the scenarios as a way of continuing to do something with the game. Those micros were the same idea. Also, I really want to see what's in a bag of crap.

There's still FIVE full days left before I close off the challenge: How many of you will brave making a park for me? After all: There's two TPR Bags of Crap on the line- and one of which will be at my own choice!

There's 12 people who've entered parks... and if I get the count up to 25: I'll add a THIRD bag of Crap to the contest- so that means THREE bags of Crap will be up for grabs- as well as Teh Big Dipper coasters, too!

Post pics of what you're working on- as I'd love to see what people are trying!

C.P.M.

Welcome to Apollo's Vintage Acres Farm!

The second park to be "starred" under the Apollo Entertainment Parks brand, Vintage Acres Farm is a great place to have some good ole-fash'n family fun!

[linkage]

SCR113.BMP

A big ole overview of the park! Vintage Acres Farm combines ole rides, with new 'n's too! From the Big Ole Flyin' Machine to the Big Dipper, Vintage Acres has it all! (and no, once again I didn't beat the scenario, I don't get how you guys do it?!)

SCR114.BMP

We have scary rides like the Crazy Taxi, and spinnin' rides like Shogun Spin-Off!

SCR115.BMP

Here yer see the Big Ole Flyin' Machine, the Lil' Ole Flying' Machine, Crazy Taxi, and the Drop Light drop tower!

Edited by nin

RCT2day is proud to present his version of Vintage Acres, using the concept of '"Teh Big Dipper", themed to space. Rides include Black Hole, Sun Spot, Supernova, Meteor, Lift-Off, and many others. I had a lot of fun making this entry for the contest, thanks to everyone involved.

Vintage Acres--RCT2day

overview.BMP

overview

black hole.BMP

Black Hole and Orion's Belt

meteor.BMP

Meteor

THREE FULL DAYS LEFT!!!!

Do NOT disappoint Prince Desmond- or the great Mujabubinkins, either. Play the TPR challenge, and WIN a set of Big Dipper Coasters!

I have 13 candidates to win ONE OF TWO TPR Bags/Boxes of Crap- and I'm wondering: Is there ANYBODY else to compete in this challenge? You have three full days to finish things out with- and for that matter, enter to win.

A few reminders

EVERYONE WHO ENTERS GETS 100 BONUS POINTS, JUST FOR ENTERING!

And-

YOU HAVE UNTIL MIDNIGHT MONDAY, THE 20TH OF JUNE PST TO ENTER YOUR PARK.

If I get 25 entries by the close of business on Monday-

I'll add a THIRD TPR Bag of crap- Two will go to the voting winners- first and second place- and the third will go to whomever was able to build a park to my specifications best: That is, the one that's most pleasing to my eyes!

Go. Do. Build. The challenge still awaits you.

DOWNLOAD THE SCENARIO HERE!!!

C.P.M.

Edited by QueerRudie

I'll be cutting the deadline really close, but I should be able to finish the park by 'Close of business Monday'. All 3 versions of the park I tried before failed, and I'm working on the 4th version which has a much better layout than the others. I'm going out today and I'll need to work on it when I get home, but once again I should be good to go before midnight tonight.

Unfortunately, I dragged building rides and advertising out too long, and I haven't payed off the loan. I also didn't get enough guests in before the March 1st, Year 6th. Although the park is certainly not 'complete', I feel rather satisfied with how far I got and I'd like to post it at least for 100 extra points.

My version of Vintage Acres (link to the exchange) has a much larger and more well rounded selection of rides than when it was started. Teh Big Dipper is completely intact, with its original name and some new paint (on the trains and the railings), but the two other coasters were improved and moved around the park to increase the efficiency of the space. Several newer rides were added, including a Vekoma Mine Train, an Intamin Drop Tower, and a Maurer Sohne Wild Mouse coaster. But a few classic rides were added, too, like a Carousel, a slide, a Ferris Wheel, a vintage car ride, and a Crazy House. My park has 5 main areas: Vintage Alley, Corkscrew Corridor, Gentle Gardens, Mine Town, and Kinder Park.

SCR30.BMP

The park entrance, Kinder Park, and the beginnings of Vintage Alley and Corkscrew Corridor.

SCR34.BMP

Lightning Loop and the back of Garden Flyer.

SCR35.BMP

Mine Train, Scenic Cruisers, and Eureka!

SCR38.BMP

Overview of the park.

Haven't submitted your entry yet? It's too late now!

Entries for the challenge are now closed! The Manager probably has his excited hat on, because he has eighteen proposals for his new park. Nice work, everyone!

Voting for the challenge will begin shortly (as in, about two days or so).

Remember - there are two official TPR Bags of Crap on the line! Also remember - we'll be watching the voting to make sure it's all fair and not skewed.