TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR CHALLENGE: TEH BIG DIPPER

ANNOUNCING: TEH BIG DIPPER TPR CHALLENGE!

Greetings TPR!

As you have seen in my earlier challenges, I'm a fan of classic rides. I recently struck a deal with the Wise and Mighty Prince Desmond to lease his wooden coaster, Teh Big Dipper, for one of my parks. You see, in all reality, I'm trying to make this park really work- and having had some great managers in the past work with my parks, I wanted to see just what they could do with my next park!

There's one problem, though: I seem to have spent all my money- and gone into debt to put the ride up. The costs of leasing Teh Big Dipper were excessively high- and I ran out of money to finish my latest park: Vintage Gardens. I'm so far in debt that I've only been able to put up a handful of rides, including Teh Big Dipper. And now I can't even find enough money to buy scenery and other buildings!

Welcome to Vintage Gardens!

SCR28.BMP

Vintage Gardens- ready for you to fix up and open!

Here's the challenge for YOU!

In RCT II, take my park and put it in the 'Scenario' Folder, and then play the game. You are given five years to do the following objectives:

1.) Repay the debt.

2.) Get 2000 people into your park

3.) Keep the Big Dipper up and running.

Here's the conditions to WIN the Scenario:

You are NOT allowed to use Custom Scenery, Custom Rides, Trainers or Hacks- sorry, that's a no-no. R.D. (QueerRudie) will be checking EACH PARK for these elements for me, as I will be working on some new and exciting parks for the future.

You MUST upload your park to the Games Exchange with the tab "TPR CHALLENGE" by MIDNIGHT, Monday 20 June 2011. No exceptions. In addition: You must submit your park AS IT APPEARS in March, Year 6.

Your park MAY NOT contain rides that you have not designed yourself.

ALL RIDES IN THE PARK MUST FUNCTION: R.D. will be turning on 'all rides' from the menu- so no, you may NOT use elements of another ride to make scenery or buildings. The same goes for trying to dress your rides: Use what the game gives you- and no more.

INTENTIONALLY CHEATING, LOWERING OTHER PARK'S RATINGS, OR OTHER SUCH FOUL BEHAVIOUR WILL RESULT IN YOUR EJECTION FROM THEME PARK REVIEW. NO EXCEPTIONS.

In addition, I'm throwing out another bonus for each person who competes to make Vintage Gardens a great place:

100 POINTS FOR YOUR PARK'S ENTRY WILL BE ADDED TO YOUR EXCHANGE ACCOUNT!

And the prize itself?

A GINORMOUS TPR BAG OF CRAP

and

A SET OF TEH BIG DIPPER COASTERS!

There will be one overall winner of this challenge as voted on by our members across the forum- that is, the voting will be for anybody who's paying attention to the game! I'm looking for as many people to compete in this challenge as I can get.

Have fun, and good luck: The clock is ticking, and I will be checking in over the next few weeks to see the progress.

C.P.M.

TPR Big Dipper Challenge- CLICK HERE!

Edited by QueerRudie

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does this mean? Does this mean you can load prebuilt tracks from the game? Recreate real coasters? I am very excited about this challenge, although I will have to get used to not using trainers!

What does this mean? Does this mean you can load prebuilt tracks from the game? Recreate real coasters? I am very excited about this challenge, although I will have to get used to not using trainers!

Basically: You may put in rides that you have built yourself- no importing of rides from another member (I.E. using rides from the exchange and installing them in your park is a no-no!).

Recreating real coasters IS OK, though- so long as I know what your inspiration is.

And yes, you'll have to play the game as Mr. Sawyer intended: Straight up, no chasers.

C.P.M.

I FINISHED!

lol (^that's a link BTW)

I had a lot of spare time today.

So, download my Vintage Gardens edition! It features Iron Horse, a wild Morgan Hyper with a wacky double-up AND double-down hill! Also featured is a wild GCI twister named Outlaw which features a Renegade-style first drop! Hidden within the Midway, you'll find lots of attractions shoe-horned in to fit, such as an overlooking slide that goes over Teh Big Dipper!

Be on the look out for completely random Easter Eggs that were a by-product of my boredom. (I ran out of rides to build and I still had a year left in the scenario!) Some can be found in ride names (if you call them eggs), and a few in particular are found in (or away) from the park.

Below are some pictures.

SCR6.jpg.04da7569a5ebdab111c7d03a009791f5.jpg

The big overview!

SCR1.jpg.1c516f3ea88037ce56cf171f3dad3135.jpg

A closer look...

SCR2.jpg.eb540f26afd657f4fc91d21ec05353d6.jpg

The Iron Horse hyper coaster! Complete with lakeside fly-by!

SCR3.jpg.cbe3f3242bfe601dc99c3d7cdf6d5992.jpg

This element on Outlaw looks so sick with the bowtie look to the crossovers!

SCR4.jpg.cd6d8c55caa7c5cffba6f9b3c159cc51.jpg

Outlaw features a Renegade-style first drop!

SCR5.jpg.329e33982305f60f4363d209f1afd266.jpg

The Hornet replaced Double Loop shortly in the 1980's during the big "multi-inversion rush". You can also see a Dinghy Slide, which I rarely make, but I had extra time and nothing else to do!

Edited by AJClarke0912

Just something I whipped up. Personally, this contest should be renamed to "Try to keep this park in business" because I was on a very tight budget for about the first three years! I'm almost done, and the objective will be complete by the time the park comes. I'll upload it later this week! Just gotta add some scenery, and tidy up the park a tiny bit.

P.S. I had to delete the Arrow Looper and the Schwarzkopf Shuttle Loop because they were just not okay in my book. They were blocking expansion and I didn't like how they looked too much. But, Teh Big Dipper is my guests's most favorite'd attraction

SCR2.jpg.8c21b0fad648d5d900b3f5d5479089f5.jpg

That was my thought at first...I was down with the complete lack of scenery. But later on, it was actually fun coming up with an eye-appealing park with little scenery. I went with the crowded Midway look, surrounded by some forest themed rides near the entrance.

Such a huge selection of objects to use here, did you guys want this to be fun?

Actually, when I bought the park, the costs for leasing Teh Big Dipper were SO high that we couldn't afford scenery- we had to be able to afford to open the park up...

Thus the 'Challenge' of Vintage Gardens- use what you're given to create a park!

C.P.M.