TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PHOTO TR: Cedarpoint coastermania 2011

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Mantis is running without trims on the first drop right now, and it's CRAZY. My legs were tingling every time after the inclined loop, and I actually started to grey out once between the loop and dive loop. I love it!

It wasen't a problem for the 99.9% of the people there.

Touché!

I once again attended Coastermainia this year. This was my 2nd year and I have to say it was a great event. I big thank you to the MF crew for staying open for ERT Saturday night! I really look forward to another great event next year!

Sounds like it was another awesome year. Went last summer and had a blast, except for the mayflies present at that time too. Why doesn't Cedar Point push back the event a week or two? I've heard mayflies only are around for a very short amount of time

Well actually at this time of the season is mufflehead season. In a few weeks it will be fishfly season and that is just plain gross to be there. I remember working there in 2002 and having to dodge them and I was just totally grossed out by them. I ate my fair share of muffleheads this past Saturday night on the night time ERT.

I thought it was pretty strange that someone puked on the red train in the back seat during ERT on Millenium Force on Saturday Night. I thought everyone during ERT are experienced riders. Perhaps it was a guest that got dragged into the event.

I was there when it happened and I was like ok. I never get sick on rides cause my stomach is like steel when it comes to riding them.

^Mantis is running without trims on the first drop right now, and it's CRAZY. My legs were tingling every time after the inclined loop, and I actually started to grey out once between the loop and dive loop. I love it!

Touché!

Am I the only one that doesn't have stand-up leg problems? I rode Mantis trimless...loved it, and no leg problems. Wimps.

Great report and lotsa great pix! I'll be at Cedar Point in a couple of weeks and I CAN'T EFFING WAIT.

For me, bugs are a part of CP's charm. I think it's a rite of passage to inhale one or two while riding TTD, or MF, or Magnum.

Queue Snake is awesome.

I know what you mean about the stand-up coasters--I think those restraints really uncomfortable, too (at least the B&Ms are more comfy than the Togos).

I'm intrigued by the old "Hi De Ho" dark ride. Maybe it was a trip through the more troubled parts of Cab Calloway's psyche.

Am I the only one that doesn't have stand-up leg problems? I rode Mantis trimless...loved it, and no leg problems. Wimps.

I love stand-ups and have no problems with Riddler's or my legs on Mantis. It's the headrests that irked me on Mantis. They hurt to "put your head back against the headrest." I have kind of a lumpy head in the back :/

Touché!

I don't have problems with them, not at all. This is the first time Mantis has ever made my legs feel like that, and it wasn't every time. Riddler's didn't get to my legs at all, and Shockwave definitely doesn't either!

Yea, I have never had a problem with my legs on mantis before coastermania. It always put a lot of pressure on my legs, but never to the point of what I experienced this time around.

I can't remember the last time the trims were used. It's been a few years I believe. I only hit mantis up once or twice a year, so they could have been on at one point.