TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Disney Snob Does Cedar Point

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know you've heard this a million times before, but I love your TR's. You take AMAZING pictures and you add so many personal touches your reports. Seeing a TR of this caliber from a park I've always wanted to go to makes me want to go there even more!

Thanks so much. It is nice to hear it. It is a fun place, I am just not so much a fun trhill ride person anymore, but I did have a good time.

They boarded and then I had to wait again for a really long time. This is the slowest ride ever!

Up they went…well just far enough to let the next group on.

Finally they got to spin around one full turn! LOL! And then stopped for more loading and unloading.

I kept waving and trying to get Claire to wave back. I don’t know if she couldn’t hear me, or if she was ignoring the crazy lady with a camera!

I’m sure Skip heard me though, with that smirk on his face.

I gave up on them and saw these guys climbing.

That looked scary to me.

Finally Skip and Claire were done.

Claire was hungry, so we went and got her a corndog (which can be hard to eat when you are missing your 2 front teeth) . Skip went and got a burger.

Skip decided he was going to go and ride the blue streak. Claire wanted to play games. We played one, the kind where you shoot the water in a hole and race…we played against each other and she won…a nice fluffy pink snake. Of course she wanted to do more, but we headed over to the kiddie rides…most of which she had no desire to ride on.

We got in like for the carrousel.

While in line I took a shot of the needle/pencil…what ever you call it. I know there is a real name but we have always called it pencil or needle. LOL

Our turn…Claire chose a rabbit to ride.

And then I had to put the camera away. I guess Cedar Point does not allow cameras out on rides. I know in years past I have taken pictures while riding, but I guess the new…or newer rule is no picture taking and no cell phones. Not very Disney like….Wait! This isn’t Disney! LOL

Claire looked at the rides in the area, and didn’t care to ride anymore of them. We headed off to the Snoopy area then. Again, she seemed less than thrilled with the rides there as well. Her mind was on games though, and I told her I refused to play any.

We decided to get on one…of course it’s a spinner…kind of like a mini tea cup. I hate to spin, but I said I would ride if we didn’t spin too much.

Claire had the DEVIL possess her on the ride though and tried to spin it as much as she could. I was trying to hold it still. She would laugh and keep going. I was not feeling the best after that ride!

Disney is slightly more leniant but not exactly like "Take your camera on every ride!" Ive tried. I had to basically sneak one on to Primevil Whirl. I think not letting on a Merry Go Round is overkill but thats CP. Someone would end up doing something stupid.

Great TR's. I like that you call yourself a Disney Snob. Reminds me of my parents (even though CP is where theyve always been). They are the Disney snobs in the family. Ive been fortunate to go there over 13 times because of their snobbness and 1 Disney Cruise. However, Disneys magic didnt really hit me till I went there with my fiance. Otherwise, too much of a thrill seeker.

Great pictures. Definitely a photographers eye!

Disney is slightly more leniant but not exactly like "Take your camera on every ride!" Ive tried. I had to basically sneak one on to Primevil Whirl. I think not letting on a Merry Go Round is overkill but thats CP. Someone would end up doing something stupid.

Great TR's. I like that you call yourself a Disney Snob. Reminds me of my parents (even though CP is where theyve always been). They are the Disney snobs in the family. Ive been fortunate to go there over 13 times because of their snobbness and 1 Disney Cruise. However, Disneys magic didnt really hit me till I went there with my fiance. Otherwise, too much of a thrill seeker.

Great pictures. Definitely a photographers eye!

Yes, I have always liked Disney, but over the years I am just loving it more and more. Especially now that my youngest loves it so much too.

Yes the carousel was a bit overkill. But oh well.

I took a few pictures of the area while Claire tried to figure out what to ride next.

We rode the jeeps next. I had to sit in the backseat…..and of course no picture taking.

Claire decided to do some space shooting.

While Claire was ridding the galaxy of Aliens, which by the way are Peanuts Character Aliens, so probably talk like this…...mwah mwah, mwah mwah mwah, mwah mwah ,mwah waaaaah! I took a few other shots.

Claires next choice was the Balloons.

The guy in the background looks like he is doing some kind of Praying Mantis move….LOL! I know he’s just putting his backpack on, but it looks kind of funny.

And while I waited, another angle of the Ferris Wheel and a few other random shots.

Claires ride was finishing up then.

We decided to head out of that area and take a look in the Snoopy Gift shop near by.

Pardon the pun, but this is a wicked shot!

Thanks. I was trying to pan along with the ride to get the ride, but blur in the background. I thought I did a pretty decent try at it.

Great TR - as always!

The purpose of panning is to make the background blurry and the moving subject not blurry - and you have an excellent, excellent - EXCELLENT I TELL YA - example of it! I have tried with my 7D, (not too hard) and just have not accomplished it like that! >:O I am starting to miss my D90. I feel like I suck with it. I know I shouldn't say that... so hopefully time will fix this.

Now that I finally got to the end of what you have posted here, I am back off to try and finish the Dream thread. I got so busy, I couldn't keep up! I didn't see the next post email either. I must have deleted it somewhere along the line. I am so far behind! LOL. It is a continuous reminder that I need to get back to my trip reports too... I still haven't caught up! I now go to Florida in three weeks. Ut ohs! lol

Pardon the pun, but this is a wicked shot!

Thanks. I was trying to pan along with the ride to get the ride, but blur in the background. I thought I did a pretty decent try at it.

Great TR - as always!

The purpose of panning is to make the background blurry and the moving subject not blurry - and you have an excellent, excellent - EXCELLENT I TELL YA - example of it! I have tried with my 7D, (not too hard) and just have not accomplished it like that! >:O I am starting to miss my D90. I feel like I suck with it. I know I shouldn't say that... so hopefully time will fix this.

Now that I finally got to the end of what you have posted here, I am back off to try and finish the Dream thread. I got so busy, I couldn't keep up! I didn't see the next post email either. I must have deleted it somewhere along the line. I am so far behind! LOL. It is a continuous reminder that I need to get back to my trip reports too... I still haven't caught up! I now go to Florida in three weeks. Ut ohs! lol

Thanks. I like that shot too.

I went from a Canon Rebel to a 50D and when I first got the 50d, I wasn't impressed. It took some time to get used to it. So keep at it and you will master yours!

When we got into the gift shop, Claire discovered the “fake” characters and wanted a picture with each.

They had every character as a plush. They were so cute. There was one I almost bought for myself. He was so cute…he looked like a chubby Snoopy, but I think his name was Olef? I do not remember him from Peanuts at all. I used to be a big Fan of Peanuts too. Snoopy and Winnie the Pooh were always my favorites as a kid. When a “special” would come on…yes I grew up before cable and cartons 24 hours a day, so we got our dose of this through “specials” a few times a year…I would be so excited and watch them. But I don’t remember Olef…..I’m assuming he is a cousin of Snoopy’s.

Here’s Peppermint Patty. And I don’t get the pink shirt? I’m pretty sure she always wears green.

We walked out the front door to the main thoroughfare and debated on going on the old fashion cars.. I wanted to, but Claire didn’t. I even told her she could drive, but she still said no. We called Skip and he was on his way to meet up with us, so we just waited a few minutes in the area for him.

They decided to ride the Matterhorn. The line was very long. I, of course went on to take pictures while I waited. Again, I wasn’t up for spinning in a circle.

I decided on a snack while they were in line. I got the Mini Donuts. I can’t remember the price, but it was not cheap and you got very few donuts. I ate half and saved the rest for Claire and Skip.

Claire and Skip finally make it on. I try top shoot a few pictures of them…and notice Skips finger. He’s such a FUNNY guy. He was trying to make it look like he was picking his nose. Yes! I married a very classy guy! He was trying to pretend like he didn’t see me too.

My choice was next…whether my family wanted to let me or not! LOL! They insisted on Wild Cat, but I insisted on Iron Dragon…I won!

Of course I took pictures while waiting in line.

I rode by myself and Claire and Skip rode together. Once we got going , I did worry a little. This was a bit faster than I remembered and I hoped that Claire would be OK with it.

I think I actually rode one car before them, so I got off and waited outside the area. I saw this guy. I have never seen him here before. I’m not sure if he is new…or if I am just not observant.

They met up with me, and Claire did mention that is was too fast, but she did OK.

They headed off to Wild Cat…I don’t mind this ride, but my neck and back had been really bothering me lately, and that ride does a LOT of jerking, so I pass on it and went to the bathrooms. Let’s just say, they are not very “magical”. I think Cedar Point forgot to clean all the bathrooms before they opened this year. I never found a single “clean” one.

For that matter, it looks like much of the park was in need of paint or small repairs, and were not done either.

While Claire and Skip waited in a very slow line for the Wild Cat, I sat on a bench and took a few pictures.

I got bored quickly and set off for a walk.

One thing that struck me weird …walking through Frontier land and seeing a PF Changs’s? (I think it was one, or some other Chinese food chain) They kind of lost the idea of sticking with the theming back there over the years.

I decided it was time for another snack…yes mostly what I did this day was eat! LOL!

I walked into the icecream store and the fudge store, but neither was really calling me. I spotted a cart outside selling those glazed roasted almonds and decided on those. They were good, but not great. They were kind of soft, and I like them a bit crunchier.

I ate about half, saving the rest for Skip and Claire. I walked back towards the Wild Cat to see if they were done yet.

I found them still in line and they still had a ways to go. I handed over the nuts to them and they finished them off. After talking to them a bit, I went back over to a bench and took more pictures while I waited.

I kept watching and watching and they never seemed to be on the ride…had I missed them? Then finally I see a familiar face!

The exited and Skip was ready for a smoke break so we headed off the nearest spot. I took pictures along the way.

Skip was trying to jump in this one. He thinks he is so funny.

And we stopped for these…but Claire refused to get one.

Somewhere along the way we had stopped for the smoke break and continued on through Frontier land.

They seemed to be on a mission to get somewhere, but I have no clue where…nor did they I think. LOL!

I stopped to take pictures of the Mill.

They just looked back at me like I was crazy and kept going.

As we walked through, I did ask Claire if she wanted to pet the animals in the farm area and she said no, and then I asked her if she wanted to make a candle, which used to be a favorite of mine, and again she said no.

What to do next?

We talked about a few options, but Claire didn’t want to do any of them. She was on the games kick again. I told her there was no way we were heading back to the front for games, or that I would be spending money on any, so to get over it. She did some pouting and basically didn’t want to ride anything then.

Skip decided to go ride Gemini. Claire and I went to the Camp Snoopy Area.

I pointed out all the rides to Claire and she said no to everything…she was still on a game kick…but I told her no. So we kept walking.

We made the decision to go on the paddle boat.

We licked out and were the last two let on the boat.

It has been a VERY long time since I have rode this. It was nice and relaxing, but nothing great. Claire on the other hand LOVED this ride. I think she really thought all the little characters along the way were real and she talked about them a LOT!

Claire loved the ride…so much so that we rode it twice in a row. And the 2nd time we again were the last 2 on the boat. It was good fun, with lots of corny jokes along the way.

As we were about half way through the 2nd trip, Skip called and asked where we were. I told him and he headed over in that direction and took a seat and waited for us.

As soon as we were off Claire wanted to ride AGAIN! So Skip took her this time around and I sat down and waited…and took some pictures as well.

Here they come!

We decided to work our way back up front.

Claire still wanted to play some games, and I think Skip was caving.

Oh man I'm so loving this one too as I worked at Cedar Point from 2002-2005 and even was a Captain on Paddlewheel Excursions for a bit as well so this last update is bringing back a lot of memories! Thanks for the great pics as always.

Oh man I'm so loving this one too as I worked at Cedar Point from 2002-2005 and even was a Captain on Paddlewheel Excursions for a bit as well so this last update is bringing back a lot of memories! Thanks for the great pics as always.

How fun. I have had some friends in the past work there too. They loved it.

I have to ask, do you completely steer the paddleboat or is there something that will kepp it from going ashore? The first Captain was a girl and she was pretty good at her jokes, but she seemed terrible at driving and at one time we did veer way off. When we got back I heard her tell one of the guys that she could do the talkking fine, but had a heck of a time stering and next thing you know, she had a guy driving it for her.

There is absolutely nothing to keep you from crashing haha which is why we are much better then Jungle Cruise haha. I said hello to my tree friends a few times learning to drive the dang things . That's not surprising to hear as it is still the beginning of the season when everyone gets trained and it can be quite daunting when you go out on your own for the first few times.

There is absolutely nothing to keep you from crashing haha which is why we are much better then Jungle Cruise haha. I said hello to my tree friends a few times learning to drive the dang things . That's not surprising to hear as it is still the beginning of the season when everyone gets trained and it can be quite daunting when you go out on your own for the first few times.

I wondered about that. Thanks for telling me. LOL!

As we made our way up front, we started talking about getting some real food. Skip had never heard of Johnny Rockets, though we have 2 in our area, but we decided against it, since the line was HUGE.

We decided to go to the buffet place we had gone to a few years ago…Midway Market.

I took a few shots on the way.

We got seated right away with no wait. This place is just OK. Nothing spectacular, but decent food and better than the junk I had been eating all day. I got a salad from the bar to make sure I had some healthy food in me. LOL!

It had some basics, like pasta and meatballs, chicken, potatoes, etc. And of course dessert! I think that was the best…well the ice-cream was. I got a bowl of Vanilla (I believe they sell Tofts there, which is pretty yummy) and put some strawberry sauce on it. Claire declined any dessert, but she then helped herself to more than half if mine! LOL!

It didn’t take long to eat and we were back out again.

It had cooled down now and we all threw on sweatshirts.

We also knew it was raining at home and from my phone radar, we could tell it was on its way here, but we still had time to play a little longer.

Skip wanted to stop for a Smoke break again and knew of one near the bluestreak, so we headed there and had a seat.

Anyone remember the old Pirate Ride they used to have here? I can see why it’s no longer there. As teens, we would jump out of the cars and trade vehicles, and stupid stuff like that. Towards the end it really became quite a tired, beat up looking, crappy ride. I think you used to be able to run up top and pretend to shoot the cannons or something like that.

I wonder what they use the building for now?

I think I was fiddling around with my phone, or something, and Skip and Claire went on ahead of me. I was going to catch up with them in the games area.

Claire ended up winning a few more new friends. She was pretty good at the squirt gun games and actually beat some adults.

It was starting to get a little dark, and we were getting tired, but Claire didn’t want to leave. I knew we would need to soon to escape the rain though. Skip and Claire did one last ride on the Matterhorn, and then we headed back to Troika again.

Now there is an hour between this picture and the last picture I took. I don’t know what we did. I know this was the last ride and we left....OR maybe we hit the Matterhorn after this one. I just know I had stopped taking pictures. I sometimes do that when I am getting tired.

I know we also hit the not so clean bathrooms one last time before the rode trip home.

Skip waited with our stuff while we went, and then he went in and Claire and I headed off to the car in front of him. It was starting to sprinkle and Skip is a slow walker with his hip replacement, so we said we would just meet him out there.

We found the car and I popped Claire in right away to avoid getting wet. It wasn’t bad, just an annoying sprinkle.

I took one last picture and Skip was at the car before I even had the stroller loaded in.

Lots of people were leaving at this time since it had started raining, but the traffic wasn’t too bad to get out. I just took it slowly. It was enough that it made it hard to see with glaring lights and it being dark.

We decided on taking Route 2 back home. We tried to see if we could see the lights off in the distance, as you sometimes can when going home that way, but no luck for us. Well I couldn’t really see, because I was driving, but Claire and Skip saw nothing.

Our drive time was almost identical to our drive time on the way in (minus the little stop on the turnpike). So we determined that neither way is really any faster for us. Claire stayed awake part of the trip home, but we did stop at gas station about 20 minutes from home to get a pop and Claire was out then.

She woke up and said something hilarious…and for the life of me, I can’t remember what it was. But we laughed so hard about it the rest of the way home.

We arrived home and all went to bed. It was a fun day, but we were tired.

I have to say this is when I really realized how much of a Disney Snob I am. I enjoyed the day…but in my mind I was doing a LOT of comparing of things. I also have found that going to Cedar Point no longer excites me like it used to. I can do a day trip here and there, but I no longer have that urge to run from ride to ride like I did in my younger years….and my body can’t take it either. LOL! I think if my neck and shoulders weren’t acting up so much at that time though, I may have done a bit more…like the Gemini, blue streak, and my old favorite, the Raptor.

Thanks for reading along and sharing my experience.

I would like to also say I have another Photo TR going on if you are interested in reading. Here is the link.

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=58771