TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Disney Snob Does Cedar Point

I grew up and still live about 1 ½ hours away from Cedar Point. In my preteen years we started going. My Grandparents would camp there every summer, and my sister and I got to visit the park a few times. Of course they never took us till the twilight price kicked in and of course no big rides.

As I got older, I realized I liked the thrill rides and went several times in my teens and 20’s.

Then something happened….I got old!

I was in pain many times after riding rides and the height was really bothering me. The biggest Coaster I have conquered there is the Magnum. After that, the height just got too crazy for me. And now I look at the Magnum in fear!

Over the past few years, our trips have become less and less to the Point. When my older 2 children were little, my Daughter was a huge thrill fan, while my son hated it. I got a season pass one year and we went as often as possible, with my daughter just tall enough for a few of the rides. My older 2 are now 22 and almost 19. My son stays away from the place ,and my daughter goes with friends who enjoy the rides with her.

I am now a Mom all over again to a 6 year old. I believe this was her 4th trip. She went for the 1st time when she was 2 ½.

She had just been to HER first trip to Disney World a few months prior and LOVED it. We have now taken her a total of 4 times and she and I can’t get enough of it. Skip could take it or leave it, but goes because we love it so.

On that 1st trip to Cedar Point we pulled up and parked. We got out of the car and I plopped her in the stroller and started to the front. She took one look and asked “what is this place?” My husband replied “This is the Point!” And Claire responded by saying “I love the POINK!” So now we always refer to Cedar Point as the “Poink”.

The last 2 years we had not been able to get to the “Poink”. My husband had hip problems and was in too much pain to even walk much. In Oct of 2009 he had his hip replaced. He was still in pain for a long time after, and finally in Oct of 2010 the Dr realized that the new hip had never adhered. (after a huge run around and many Dr visits) So in Dec. 2010 he had it replaced again. It seems to be doing better this time around, and Skip decided it was time to head back for some fun…and also to celebrate his 50th birthday, which was May 12th.

On to the Cast.

First there is Skip ~ He’s my Husband.

And Me ~ Jen

This is the ONLY shot of me all day. Skip is the worlds worst photographer, so I don’t let him take any with my camera usually, plus he hates to as well. This picture was really bad. I had to do a lot of cropping and actually straighten it as well because it was really crooked. LOL!

And then there’s Claire ~ Our 6 year old

On to the trip.

We went May 21st. Skip had decided a few days ago that if things worked out well, we would head there that Sat.

I woke early and got a shower and things packed. I also threw the stroller in the trunk. I find that if we bring it along, 1 we have a spot to carry our junk in, and 2 that Claire can last longer. She doesn’t get so tired and then Mom and Dad can have a more pleasant day as well. I know some people think a 6 year old in a stroller is wrong, and that’s fine, but it works for me. I don’t want to hear about tired feet or asking to be carried at the end of the day.

I got Claire up and ready as well.

We are Dairy farmers, so Skip had to be up early to milk the cows and get the day going. Once everything was running smoothly he came in and showered as well.

I think we hit the road around 9:30ish.

We debated which route to take, and then decided to head to the turnpike. The airport exit is only about 10 minutes from our house.

We hopped on and Skip went on to tell me about watching my speed. I always drive. He just doesn’t care too, yet he is always critiquing my driving. He had told me that the speed limit was raised, but that they were now stricter. Somehow, in a short amount of time we kind of argued about the speed. I told him had always been 70 and he said no, it wasn’t…anyways in this argument I got it in my head that the speed limit was now 75! Not a good thing to do.

We were on the road for about 7 minutes….if that and we passed two State boys sitting along side the rode. They sit in this spot all the time. I was going around 75 ish. The car in front of me was obviously going at least that same speed. As we pass the troopers, the one car kind of lurched a bit. I thought he was going to pull out and hit me and I quickly braked a bit. Not a sudden stop, but it scared me. So then I kept going…at 75. The trooper pulled out and followed me. I got in the right lane when I could and the trooper stayed in the left. Skip then told me to slow down and I told him I was going 75 and that’s when we he reminded me that it was 70! Still others were going faster.

And next thing you know, the trooper pulled in behind me and flashed the lights. UGH!

I got a ticket for speeding…going 78 is what he said. I was beyond mad. First off, when the guy came to the window (on the passenger side) Skips first words were “I kept telling her to slow down”. I about threw him into oncoming traffic!

The guy took forever too. Claire was in the backseat complaining because we were losing precious time.

Finally he came back with the most expensive ticket I have ever seen. It’s been a LONG time since I have gotten a ticket, and I guess the “price” as gone up a LOT!

So back on the road, and now I HAVE to go exactly the speed limit. I can’t chance getting pulled over again. And of course there are people blowing by me, leaving me in complete dust…or even tailgating me!

I gave Skip the cold shoulder for most of the ride there. He even asked if I would be talking to him later in the day, or for just the ride…and I told him I hadn’t made up my mind yet! LOL!

We finally made it to the POINK! It was around 11:30ish.

We parked and made our way to buy tickets. Of course the line was super long. I am one who likes to prepurchase things, but Skip never wants to stop off and get them, so we wait….

I then finally pulled out the camera and took some shots!

We finally had our tickets bought and made our way to the next line to get in. It was long, but moved faster. BUT when we got up to the ticket taker she said we had to go over to the far left for stroller entry, so we did. Well, Claire and I did. Skip got in another line for some reason. LOL! I told him to get over with me and he did. Then we stood there while this ticket taker ignored us. There was no one in our line, but this is where we were told to go. She just kept taking the tickets of the ones in the line to our right, which was a non stroller line. After about 1 minute I just came out and asked her if this was where I go and she said yeah, hold on. I guess she is anti stroller entry! LOL! But she did take them finally. I don’t know if she thought we needed to wait a bit since there was no line on our side, but we HAD waited once already, and I didn’t have the patience to wait much longer.

OK!!!!! We are in! Off for some fun!

We were in and just kind of scoped the area a bit. I noticed Demon Drop was gone! I never was a fan of that ride. I called it the headache maker. Instant headache when your head bangs back as you went down and the car was pulled back.

We decided to head towards Disaster Transport.

I took a few pictures along the way.

Claire soon saw the games and of course wanted to play. I HATE these things. Big waste of money, and if you do win, you have to carry stuff around all day. But Skip let her play…his mistake, as then she kept asking all day to go back and play some more.

First look at Windseeker, which I will NEVER be riding! It was still not finished and you could see them working on it through out the day.

I did LOVE this Banana. He cracked me up!

Disaster Transport wasn’t open yet, so we headed over to Troika. I don’t spin…or at least try not to, so I let them ride it while I waited.

While they waited, I went off on a picture spree of the area.

Now it’s coming down…..slowly…

ADMIN EDIT: I went ahead and removed the bolded, larger sized text formatting to make this a little easier to read. I also added the "Photo TR:" notation to the thread's title and updated the subtitle. Thanks for sharing this with us!

Edited by jedimaster1227

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could never get me on WindSeeker! Heights do not agree with me. I can barely handle the length of time on a lift hill, so I seriously doubt I could stay up that high for that amount of time and not have a panic attack.

I get vertigo just riding KD's flying ace so I dunno if I'd get on windseeker should KD ever install one.

Nice report! I was there the same weekend..Saturday was ridiculously crowded, but Friday and Sunday were great! Sorry to hear about the misfortune with the Ohio police...we always see them hiding on Rt. 2 coming in from the East too.

You could never get me on WindSeeker! Heights do not agree with me. I can barely handle the length of time on a lift hill, so I seriously doubt I could stay up that high for that amount of time and not have a panic attack.

I worry about a panic attack on Windseeker as well. I can handle lift hills and even Power Tower, but those swing towers scare the hell out of me. Perhaps with the new style restaints (and not the teeny chains), I could do it...after a couple of cocktails (as I stated in the CP thread)!

I really like how WindSeeker looks. It's very photogenic. Hopefully the Point can get it up and running soon!
Great start! We need a "like" button!

It is pretty! I have read somewhere..probably here...that they are having some technical problems with it and it's taking much longer to get up and running. It looked darn scary to me. Skip wanted to know who in their right mind would ever ride it. Obviously A lot of people or they wouldn't have built it!

Thats my thinking too. One reason I don't do many coasters anymore is because of the height. I just can't handle it anymore. No matter how fast they get you up there. LOL!

I get vertigo just riding KD's flying ace so I dunno if I'd get on windseeker should KD ever install one.

It's pretty high up there. Not for me either!

Nice report! I was there the same weekend..Saturday was ridiculously crowded, but Friday and Sunday were great! Sorry to hear about the misfortune with the Ohio police...we always see them hiding on Rt. 2 coming in from the East too.

I worry about a panic attack on Windseeker as well. I can handle lift hills and even Power Tower, but those swing towers scare the hell out of me. Perhaps with the new style restaints (and not the teeny chains), I could do it...after a couple of cocktails (as I stated in the CP thread)!

Maybe you'll spot yourself in one of my pictures! it was very crowded that day. I've seen a lot worse, but for the time of year I thought it was busy. Of course it was the 1st night day in quite some time.

This trip report was great! I really love the stories you tell, so often (Even with me) we pretty much just get a trip report, you expand your trip reports in to fabulous (True) stories that we can all follow and sometimes relate to!

Also, I was walking home from school today (About a 1.5 Miles) I got pretty bored, I pulled out my computer, before I had lost internet I actually had opened your PTR, so I got to read it all the way home (Which made my work a ton more enjoyable!)

Thanks!

-Zach

Those Bob Marley bananas are prizes from games in Islands of Adventure and Universal, and my store happens to be the package pick-up store, and when we got about six of them the other day for storage we had to put them up by our stocking shelves because we just didn't have the space, I have a feeling those bananas are going to give me hell one day.

This trip report was great! I really love the stories you tell, so often (Even with me) we pretty much just get a trip report, you expand your trip reports in to fabulous (True) stories that we can all follow and sometimes relate to!

Also, I was walking home from school today (About a 1.5 Miles) I got pretty bored, I pulled out my computer, before I had lost internet I actually had opened your Photo TR, so I got to read it all the way home (Which made my work a ton more enjoyable!)

Thanks!

-Zach

Thanks so much...That so nice of you!!

Fantastic trip report! Thanks for posting, sounds like you had quite the adventure; both inside the park and outside.

I could've done without the outside the park adventure!

HaHa! I believe it!

I just pulled the dang ticket out today to see when it's due...not many happy thoughts came with that!

Those Bob Marley bananas are prizes from games in Islands of Adventure and Universal, and my store happens to be the package pick-up store, and when we got about six of them the other day for storage we had to put them up by our stocking shelves because we just didn't have the space, I have a feeling those bananas are going to give me hell one day.

Thats funny. They also had these huge Apes for prizes. I mean they were about as big a person. I can't imagine how they even fit in some peoples cars, especially if they came with a full load to begin with.

It was fun taking shots, but I sure didn’t get the same warm fuzzy feeling I get when I do it at Disney.

I believe that worker in the window is posing for me! LOL!

Finally it was their turn to ride!

When Skip got off he told me he could tell he hadn’t been “thrilled” in awhile. LOL! I replied….thanks…..

We saw that Disaster Transport was now open, so we headed in that direction. The line was actually kind of long. It seemed everyone in the area had headed there as well. A few shots while in line.

How she got him to carry her, I do not know…or why he did it. She is NOT light anymore.

The ride was fun! I also could tell I hadn’t been “thrilled” in awhile.

Claire and Skip decided on the Ferris Wheel next. Nope, not me. Toooooo high!

I stopped and got a cheese on a stick to snack on. MMMM! Nothing like junky crappy amusement park food!

So while they waited in line I took a zillion pictures of the same area again!

LOOK! They are next in line.