TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Adam goes Cheetah Hunting at Busch Gardens Tampa

It's interesting that they may have originally been considering a Euro Mir style Mack spinning coaster. The windcatcher tower does seem more like what you might expect on one of those, as it's analogous to Euro Mir's towers, but otherwise it seems like they made the right choice with the ride system, as Cheetah Hunt looks fantastic (and a spinning coaster certainly wouldn't fit the current theme). Still, it's nice to know that there might be hope yet for a stateside Euro Mir.

Anyways, great photo TR! It's neat to see how many details went into this attraction. I certainly hope that I'll be able to make it out there again fairly soon.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me or does this part of the Cheetah hunt remind anyone else of Nascar Cafe Las Vegas and Speed the Ride? Look at the two photos below, first Adams then at Speed the ride. Even the shot of the launch in his next photo is almost the same.

dsc06377.jpg.1d5424513e5a46ec358d5f97f85b1720.jpg

lv_speed.jpg.9ce9b791ad0a70fdf870d9c5eceecdeb.jpg

Great pics, Adam, looking forward to visiting in October. Much like Chuck and others, I've never even heard of the caverns, so thanks for pointing out something new I gotta check out next time. It sure seems more exciting than Tut's Tomb!

Ah Curiosity Caverns, one of the best kept secrets in all of Central Fl theme parks! I always make a trip though there when at Busch gardens and they are usually almost completely empty. Ive always thought a haunt in there would be awesome!

So that is some really questionable concept art. It's hard to imagine a spinner as Cheetah Hunt. anyways it looks like a great ride. I can now look forward to my future laps in July I'm even more happy to see how quick the wait time lightened up, looks awesome.

I especially like how secluded, and mysterious it is compared to Busch's other coasters. Gwazi, Kumba, Montu, and Shiekra are right up there in your face where as cheetah hunt kind of "lurks" in and out of the serengeti. This thing seriously looks better than most new steel coasters, Busch have really furfilled one of the things i always look for in a steelie, Beauty. Intamin really went above and beyond just creating a "good ride" and made a living, breathing piece of steel art. Not many companies strive for that anymore.

Yeah....I have a feeling i'm gonna like this one alot! See you in July, Cheetah Hunt (and new Gwazi trains! )

Ah Curiosity Caverns, one of the best kept secrets in all of Central Fl theme parks! I always make a trip though there when at Busch gardens and they are usually almost completely empty. Ive always thought a haunt in there would be awesome!

Busch Gardens did use the Curiosity Caverns for a haunted maze during the very first year of Howl-O-Scream way back in 2000. It was called Dark Caverns. I don't know how it was because it was the only maze I didn't get to do because the lines were really long. I did hear it was really short because there wasn't much you could do in such a small footprint. There were only 3 houses/mazes that year. Escape from Insanity (located under the Skyride maint. area) and I the other one was located in what was the old Kola display in the area where the Alone house was last year as well as part of the walkways which are now Walk About Way. I believe it was called Dr. Livingston or Livingsdoom. Can't quite remember because it was only there for one year.