TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Effect of roller coasters on your brain?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Years of riding roller coasters will make you "Twistyyyyy" -- Rob

In all seriousness though, after riding a rough ride, you'll most likely get a headache or get sick. This means your body isn't to happy of what you just did to it. I wonder if there are any long term effects... because we usually just ignore these headaches and move on to the next ride!

Is there a doctor in the house?

The food and crap we eat and drink at theme parks have a worst long term effect than the roller coasters do.--James

I have to agree with you there, if you eat a huge piece of New York style pizza, you've gained more calories then you would have burned off on the rides. Soo true!

Years of riding roller coasters will make you "Twistyyyyy" -- Rob

In all seriousness though, after riding a rough ride, you'll most likely get a headache or get sick. This means your body isn't to happy of what you just did to it. I wonder if there are any long term effects... because we usually just ignore these headaches and move on to the next ride!

Is there a doctor in the house?

That's pretty much what prompted me to ask this question. I'm going to Busch Gardens Tampa on Sunday and got the Quick Queue so I can ride as many times as possible over the nearly 11 hours I'll be there. I jokingly told my parents that I'll need to bring some Tylenol along for when I inevitably get a headache and they told me that I should not be 'ignoring' something like that as it is an indicator that something isn't right in your body. Perhaps I should consult Dr. House .

That's pretty much what prompted me to ask this question. I'm going to Busch Gardens Tampa on Sunday and got the Quick Queue so I can ride as many times as possible over the nearly 11 hours I'll be there. I jokingly told my parents that I'll need to bring some Tylenol along for when I inevitably get a headache and they told me that I should not be 'ignoring' something like that as it is an indicator that something isn't right in your body. Perhaps I should consult Dr. House .

I'm going to Busch Gardens Tampa next Friday. If I knew you a little better, we could have probably planned a meet.

Now I'm wondering, being a coaster enthusiast and all, if there are any long term effects on the human brain from riding roller coasters most of your life.. I'm worried that I'm going to be crazy(er) when I get older now!

To bad I'm not a doctor or scientist, or I would test this, see if I can find anything wrong in peoples brains.

Maybe submit it to Mythbusters to test?